Welcome to PatsFans.com

So did Nancy Pelosi lie?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, May 15, 2009.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Nancy lied, people died? [​IMG]

Who's telling the truth here. Did she know, or did she not know. If she knew full well what was going on, raised no objections to it, and lied about it all after the fact, what should happen to her, if anything at all?

Panetta to CIA employees: We told Pelosi the truth

CIA Director Leon Panetta just sent a stern message to his employees defending the agency against Speaker Nancy Pelosi's criticisms.

His message: We didn't mislead Congress; stay focused on your job.

Panetta's note was sent to reporters via the CIA press office. Here's the key graph:

"Let me be clear: It is not our policy or practice to mislead Congress. That is against our laws and our values. As the Agency indicated previously in response to Congressional inquiries, our contemporaneous records from September 2002 indicate that CIA officers briefed truthfully on the interrogation of Abu Zubaydah, describing “the enhanced techniques that had been employed.” Ultimately, it is up to Congress to evaluate all the evidence and reach its own conclusions about what happened."

Panetta to CIA employees: We told Pelosi the truth - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com
    Last edited: May 15, 2009
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Former Senator Bob Graham:

Graham: David, when I was briefed about three weeks after The Speaker, the subject "waterboarding" never came up. Nor did the treatment of Abu-Zubaydah or any other specific detainee.

Shuster: And that's significant because by the time of your briefing and the Speaker's briefing we now know that Zubaydah had been waterboarded 83 times, so again was their a requirement, was it incumbent on the CIA to tell you as the Chairman of Senate Intelligence Committee or a ranking member, was there an obligation on them to tell you what was going on?

Graham: Yes, they're obligated to tell the full Intelligence Committee not just the leadership. This was the same time, within the same week in fact that the CIA was submitting their National Intelligence Estimate or NIE report on WMD's in IRAQ which proved so erroneous that we went to war and that have had thousands of persons killed and injured as a result of misinformation.

David, I think fundamentally what's happening is there's an attempt underway to try and shift the discussion away from what's really important and that is did the US use torture? Was that within the law? Who authorized and what were the consequences of that. Those are the important issues. Whether The Speaker or anybody else knew about it is frankly sort of off on the edges.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

someone isn't telling the truth here.
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +110 / 7 / -10

Well Pelosi has changed her story multiple times so we know she is lying.
  5. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

she is a politician... in other words, just another day in the life.
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Me thinks someone in the Obama administration wants Pelosi gone. It's rather easy to see ... Obama has Panetta in the CIA and Panetta is vigorously working the CIA side. Bye Pelosi and Harry Reid is next up to bat ... :rofl:
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Why Do Rotten Politician Bastards Always Grin When They Are In Trouble

3 Months the Dingobats & Prince Obama have been running the show and look at the sh!t they've stirred up over their obsession with Bush

The old tooth sucking bag Pelosi wanted Bush destroyed and it all backfired on her, now she's the one taking the heat, I bet Bush is "chuckling"

Harry weasle Reid your next.
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Yea that is it.. all politicians lie or change their stories.. that is the way of the political world.. does not make it right.. it is the way the political world works.
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The Republicans have controlled both houses of Congress for something like 8 years out of the past 60 years, yet all Pelosi and the rest of those slime-balls want to do is lay EVERYTHING at the feet of the Republican Congress and President. The Dems are trying to build a fire-wall to protect themselves against any and all mistakes -- including LIES -- that they have committed. Doesn't get much lower than that. They look up at whale turds.

//
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

They will do themselves in they can't help it, instead of working on their health care sh!t and the economy they are still obsessed with Bush, I always said their Hate and Jealousy would do them in, they can't let Bush go, they are 'dirty human beings' I feel sorry for their family's.

The republicans won't have any trouble in 2012 and who knows what Prince Jug Ears will do between now and then.

The Pelosi Gang Of Grinners (fun TV).............:)
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Good point.

Pelosi's outta here.
  12. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Good point. There's two ways to look at it. Either he wants to increase the power of the Presidency (ala the Imperial Presidency's of the past) at the expense of the legislative branch which steamrolled him with all those pork barrel projects that he originally promised to eliminate. What better way than to remove the Speaker and replace her with one not so powerful? Senator Reid can then either temper his spending in the Senate or risk the same fate.
    Another theory which coincides with speeches by President Obama this past week was that the nation cannot sustain enormous deficit spending without the risk of explosive interest rates. (It would devlaue the debt held by other nations but hat's another post in and of itself) As long as Pelosi and Reid are in charge, he's never going to get it under control. Remove them as obstacles and the road to fiscal responsibility gets a lot easier, as does the road to reelection!! I just wonder how Presient Obama can reconcile his ambitious list of programs and their spending with curbing deficits. Unfortunately the only option is to raise taxes and substantially which would severely hamper the economy.
    Last edited: May 16, 2009
  13. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

If he can move Pelosi out of the way in the 2010 elections he can expand the tax base. That in turn could weaken his base but he has time to strengthen it in other areas. I still think Obama is more liberal than how he will eventually appear. However, by bringing in the moderates who are neither passionate about religion and/or the right to life he can strengthen his base.

Once he strengthens his base he can expand the tax base to bring more citizens in to supporting the economy. He may not have to do it with the income tax ... he could merely impose a natioanl sales tax and that would bring all citizens into the fold ... even those on welfare.

I want to clarify my opinion here. One way to court Congress is how Bush did it ... by pork barrel spending ... and we all know where that has gotten us. If Obama suceeds with this other way he may have more power we may all be better off. The republicans will have to be on board with this and he will corner them. This is a classic power play ... and IMO it will happen and it could well guarantee he's in office for 8 full years. I still want to see him spend more time with his pledge to get America producing again. By offering tax advantages to manufacturing in the USA ... once our standard of living is lowered a bit then perhaps it will happen.
  14. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

'Did Nancy Pelosi lie?' It's not a question any more because it's a fact. Everybody in capital hill is a lying SoB.

Unfortunately, Pelosi is so dumb to say something bad about CIA when she knew what CIA did to Bush after Bush said something bad about them 2 or 3 years ago.

Every US President gives speech at CIA HQ at least 1 time during their term even though he may not be happy with CIA.

I'll not be surprised to see CIA screw Pelosi in the future.
    Last edited: May 16, 2009
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

These creepy left-wing Democrats are totally out of their minds. First they destroy the economy by laying waste to the entire banking system by making mortgage loans available to anybody with a pulse -- "good credit, bad credit, we DON'T CARE (cause the TAX-PAYERS will be paying, not us!! :D :D :D" ) and including the gamers who got the price of housing jacked up 200 or 300% higher than it ever should have gone -- effectively destroying the world economy in the process -- and NOW Pelosi & Company are blaming the CIA!!!! . These people need permanent vacations on the funny farm, if not federal penitentiaries.

:steamed:

//
  16. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

No that I'm big into conspiracies, however I do believe this happening. The writing is on the wall for sure. Obama should be able to end this with a phone call, yet all he seems intent on doing is feeding her more rope. :singing:
  17. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

While I agree Pelosi is slowly hanging herself, probably rightfully so, all of this takes the focus of this issue of who knew, from where the blame originates.. Who authorized it initially??? And who lied in the Bush Administration??

So Pelosi falls, then where do we go.. have we found a convenient scapegoat or are they going to focus on the real issue?? Think they should all move on from this dark chapter in American History and make sure it never happens again.

The right is doing a good job with all of this, shifting the focus of this whole matter to her...
  18. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Clearly shifting the focus helps republicans. It helps people get some perspective of the mood back then. Yes they're doing a good job to the left's dismay. They don't get to disingenuously sit upon their moral throne. Indeed it was authorized by republicans but back in those days you would find few in any room that would object, including Holder who conceded that terrorists did no fall under the Geneva Convention guidelines among others. I think if republicans are going to get beat up over this then so should the democrats that enabled them by looking the other way.
  19. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

simple question........not one libbie could produce a simple answer

spin, spin, spin
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

-----Get Bush-----