PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So, did Brandon Bolden make an impression on anyone else during Training Camp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did post "Bolden looks like more of a NFL RB to me than Vereen does." in August.

I wasn't predicting 9 yards a carry, though.

Even if he doesn't have another game like yesterday, he has a pretty good future in the NFL. Speed enough to get to the edge, power to push back defenders, vision to find the hole and decisiveness to hit it. He can also block and catch. The oline doesn't get you 9-10 yards per carry, he got a good amount of that on his own.

I did post "Bolden looks like more of a NFL RB to me than Vereen does." in August.

I wasn't predicting 9 yards a carry, though.

Even if he doesn't have another game like yesterday, he has a pretty good future in the NFL. Speed enough to get to the edge, power to push back defenders, vision to find the hole and decisiveness to hit it. He can also block and catch. The oline doesn't get you 9-10 yards per carry, he got a good amount of that on his own.

The O Line definitely gets you 9-10 YPC...did you see the holes? He wasn't even getting touched some of the time.

He's doing a lot of good things right now...hopefully it continues. Lets not talk about him like he's the second coming of Jesus just yet.

You think they'll cut a 2nd round pick in his third year?

Not going to happen....he'll get traded away, IR'd but he won't just get cut...I think it's unlikely he'll leave us at all in 2013.

Woodhead is an UFA next year, Demps isn't exactly a given in the NFL yet either...they weren't even willing to put him on designated IR. Vereen is still the 3rd down prospect of the future...they'll gradually phase him in to his role.

Right it would never happen, except that's exactly what they did with their 2nd round picks in 2006,2008 and 2009 (Tyrone Wheatley, Darius Butler and Chad Jackson)

3rd down backs must be able to block, they won't gradually phase him into the third down back of the future role (3rd down back apprenticeship?) until he learns how to.

The O Line definitely gets you 9-10 YPC...did you see the holes? He wasn't even getting touched some of the time.

He's doing a lot of good things right now...hopefully it continues. Lets not talk about him like he's the second coming of Jesus just yet.

I understand where you are coming from, but both RBs were also making damn good YAC.

We'll reserve that for Vereen.

he was good today but lets not forget about Stevan Ridley who is 9th in the NFL in rushing yards and is only about 90 yards away from the leader and is also 2th in the NFL in rushing TD's

It's great that we have someone competent to spell Ridley, but I agree, we can't forget that he is the guy. As good as Bolden looked running through gaping holes (can you even call it a 'hole' if there isn't even anyone on the defense in the vicinity) and plowing over guys, Ridley is the creator, he needs the ball in his hands. I think a 2-to-1 split of carries would keep Ridley plenty fresh while giving the defense a different look and getting Bolden some reps. I think yesterday was a good mix, Bolden got closer to 50% of the carries because he was the hot hand. I don't think Bolden is going to perform like this on a consistent basis, but whoever is feeling should obviously see the ball a bit more.

You think they'll cut a 2nd round pick in his third year?

Not going to happen....he'll get traded away, IR'd but he won't just get cut...I think it's unlikely he'll leave us at all in 2013.

Woodhead is an UFA next year, Demps isn't exactly a given in the NFL yet either...they weren't even willing to put him on designated IR. Vereen is still the 3rd down prospect of the future...they'll gradually phase him in to his role.

I should be more specific. If he ends up being an IR queen again this year or just warming the bench with whatever injury, yes I can see the Pats parting ways with him-even if they can't get trade value out of him though I'm sure they would try. Remember Taylor Price? Me neither.

I should be more specific. If he ends up being an IR queen again this year or just warming the bench with whatever injury, yes I can see the Pats parting ways with him-even if they can't get trade value out of him though I'm sure they would try. Remember Taylor Price? Me neither.

He is still cheap on his rookie contract, we have a few good RB's on the roster so no need to draft another. At the worst he is cheap depth, if he is cut he would just be replaced by another team's bust or a burnt out vet like Addai. BTW I love your signature.

he was good today but lets not forget about Stevan Ridley who is 9th in the NFL in rushing yards and is only about 90 yards away from the leader and is also 2th in the NFL in rushing TD's

Is this some kind of youngster shorthand texting word?

Goin 2 get my 2th pulled.;)

I agree with you. Ridley is clearly the #1 guy. But loving what we saw from Bolden.

He is still cheap on his rookie contract, we have a few good RB's on the roster so no need to draft another. At the worst he is cheap depth, if he is cut he would just be replaced by another team's bust or a burnt out vet like Addai. BTW I love your signature.

:D Thanks. I actually had to cut some off for it to be allowed and its arguably the best part-

"Ban me Infraction me, I dont give a ****. That felt ******* good!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey