Welcome to PatsFans.com

So David Cameron is the new UK Prime Minister

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Rossmci90, May 11, 2010.

1. Rossmci90

Rossmci90 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

BBC News - David Cameron is UK's new prime minister

It was inevitable but David Cameron has been confirmed as the new Prime Minister after accepting the Queen's offer to form a Government. I now have serious fears for this country's economy and can only foresee a double dip recession and a surge in unemployment.

Gordon Brown was pretty awful, but at least he knew how to run an economy.
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +128 / 7 / -13

Yeah Brown just did a great job with the economy I mean look how well the Pound has been doing.
  3. Ciara's Dad

Ciara's Dad Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Rossmci90
    In the end, it didn't matter who got into power. Jobs will have to be cut, in the public sector especially, by any new government.

The economy is in a Godawful mess as it stands, and I'm not sure how much more of a mess DC will add to it.

I hated GBrown. Non-elected leader of the Labour party, and non-elected PM of the UK. I'm delighted he's out. As for his running of the economy, wiser people financial wise can debate that all they want, but what I do know about him is his decision to sell 1/3 of our gold reserves at a rock bottom price, then watch that price climb to record prices. Also, his tax raid on pension schemes has cost me my final salary pension. :mad:
    His decision to use private money to build schools and hospitals, and to pay them back over time was a disgraceful decision. Our childern will be paying the bills for them for years to come.

I welcome Cameron. I wanted a Government which will control immigration, and not to give any encouragement for a Federal Europe.
    I would love him to throw out the ECHR's decisions on allowing islamic terrorists to stay in our country because they married a brit and have kids. :mad:

Interesting times ahead for the UK.

I would have voted for any party wich had in its manifesto, a pledge to keep NFL on Channel 5. :D
  4. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

This should be interesting Cameron the conservative and Clegg the liberal forming a coalition. I wonder how long this will last.
    Last edited: May 11, 2010
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

I couldn't tell you a single position this Cameron guy holds, but I can tell you that the British economy is totally ****ed. It's going to be a mess for quite some time too. Welfare states are simply unsustainable long term. Most of the western world is starting to see that I think. Unfortunately, I don't think they realize that printing, or borrowing money, isn't the solution.
    Last edited: May 11, 2010
  6. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Just another puppet put in power - only difference being that he just happens to be in a different pool, so the perceptions of "bringing change" baggage are coming with him.

IOW - wash, rinse, and repeat. No different from when Obama took over for Bush. Bush had the facade of the one ruining this country, Obama had the facade 2 years ago of being the one "bringing change", but en yet the "status quo" stays the same.
  7. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It'll last until the next election...Conservatives fell 17 short of a majority, next election could see them get that majority.
  8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +605 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I think they would have been
    better off with James Cameron.

[​IMG]
  9. Scouse Patriot

Scouse Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

They only thing I admired Thatcher and the Conservatives for was they way they never had sh!t off anyone. Thatcher wiped the grin off many a world leaders face. Being ex mill I like the way both the Liberals and Tory's want to look after the military, Camerons party took pride in the armed forces so I'm hoping they fix what's broke. If anything though it only reinforced the opinion British troops were the best man for man after putting up with what they have and still coming through.

As for everything else you only have to look at my location to see what we generaly think of the tory's. I hope their morals are a bit more modern this time around. No wonder they were out of office for so long.
  10. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Hahaha. I guess, if they wanted great special effects and hackneyed, cliche analogies. I do love Terminator though, what a flick.