PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So Are We Really $4M Under the Cap ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
In a thread, Miguel said he got his numbers close to Clayton's $4M under . . . but our cap is $2M under the actual cap so does anyone know if we're $4M or $2M under our cap ?

Either way if we release McGinnest that gets up $9-$11M under which would allow us to sign two pretty good FA and still hopefully get Willie back for $2-$3M a year.

Of course, we don't know for sure, but I believe that Clayton took all of the adjustments into account in his over/under numbers. That was really the only possible explanation for his Dolphins number.

It depends on who is talking. We could be 4mil under, 2 mil under, 1 mil under , 500K under, or maybe even over.

Who the hell knows right now.
But I think we are under so we can wait to see what the other teams do before BB makes any moves.

hwc said:
Of course, we don't know for sure, but I believe that Clayton took all of the adjustments into account in his over/under numbers. That was really the only possible explanation for his Dolphins number.
I hope so, $11M or so would be a nice amount to get a couple of good players and still tempt Willie back.

BelichickFan said:
I hope so, $11M or so would be a nice amount to get a couple of good players and still tempt Willie back.

I think the Pats will be hesitant to make any free agent moves without a new CBA. How do you even do a big deal when you don't know if 2007 will be capped or not?

This year's free agents are going to get killed. Serves them right. Have you seen ANY players in the picture with Upshaw and the agents during the negotiations? It's like the players don't exist.

From reading Miguel and Adam, we're around less than $500K under

PatsWickedPissah said:
From reading Miguel and Adam, we're around less than $500K under
Clayton still says $4M under but he references the $94.5M cap so I think we may be only $2M under.

BelichickFan said:
In a thread, Miguel said he got his numbers close to Clayton's $4M under . . . but our cap is $2M under the actual cap so does anyone know if we're $4M or $2M under our cap ?

If Clayton's numbers meant that the Patriots were $4 million under their adjusted cap number (meaning that they have committed $88.5 million to the cap, then my numbers match.

If Clayton's numbers meant that the Patriots were $4 million under the announced cap number of $94.513 (meaning that they have commited $90.5 million to the cap, then my numbers do not match. A $90.5 million cap commitment would mean that the Patriots are actually $2 million under the cap. It also probably mean that Seymour's salary decrease was offset by an unannouced roster bonus.

Again. Clayton's number from the league office for the Dolphins already factors in the NLTBE adjustments. I don't know why his Pats number on the same list wouldn't.

hwc said:
Again. Clayton's number from the league office for the Dolphins already factors in the NLTBE adjustments. I don't know why his Pats number on the same list wouldn't.
Between what you're saying and what Miguel just said, $4M under our cap number sounds right. And we could save another $8.5M by releasing McGinnest and Poole. Of course, I still want Willie back just for less money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back