PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So are we just going to give Gottogonowski a pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagg

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Stephen you cost us 1 game already.

Then in a very hostile environment we really need you to make a few kicks to widen the gap and silence the crowd and let the doubt creep in the heads of the Bills players and yeah you miss them both.

Now its a non issue since we came back and won but I am guessing this guy would be getting flayed if we had lost...

I never got the feeling Gost was as clutch as Vinny but for the most part he has been a good kicker just dont like the way he is trending.

Missing that kick against Ari can get in your head and cause a ripple effect.

No Gottogonowski is a bit harsh but I couldnt resist the play on words any one else concerned after 4 weeks?

First of all "the play on words" was pretty forced and extremely unfunny. Second of all, Gostkowski made 4 field goals in that game, two of those from 50+ yards out. Were it not for him, we wouldn't even be in position to win that game in the last second anyway. We played like crap against the Cardinals, and thoroughly deserved to lose.

Then in a very hostile environment we really need you to make a few kicks to widen the gap and silence the crowd and let the doubt creep in the heads of the Bills players and yeah you miss them both.

Now its a non issue since we came back and won but I am guessing this guy would be getting flayed if we had lost...

I never got the feeling Gost was as clutch as Vinny but for the most part he has been a good kicker just dont like the way he is trending.

No Gottogonowski is a bit harsh but I couldnt resist the play on words any one else concerned after 4 weeks?

If the Patriots offense, defense, and special teams execute better, the game doesn't come down to Gostkowski. As it stands, the Patriots didn't execute good enough in all three phases of the game. I'd say give him another chance to shake it.

Adam had plenty of games where he missed multiple kicks and missed kicks that were the difference in the game. Kickers miss kicks. It happens. What is more important is how he responds. With this coaching staff and the even handed approach they take to all things I don't think the kid is going to fall apart.

Last edited:

What does it feel like never to have made a mistake at work? Please tell me cos I don't know that feeling.

The FG at the end of the game was great coaching, send him out for an easy kick to get him some confidence back.

I normally stay away from the "this post sucks" thing, but this post sucks.

Adam Vinatieri played 10 years for the Pats

In 6 of those 10 years Adam missed AT LEAST 6 FGs per year

Yet,Adam may be in the HOF

Kickers have bad streaks,you just have to hold on tight till they get into a rhythm again.

Besides,the whole offense is as much to blame for not being in position to score a TD to eliminate the possibility of having to take a chance on 3 points, so ......

Heck, Billy Cundiff missed THREE FGs on Sunday. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back