Welcome to PatsFans.com

So are ACORN and its' Foot Soldiers Behind OWS?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Nov 3, 2011.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +908 / 7 / -17

#87 Jersey

Finally more information coming out. ACORN through their arm New York Communities for Change may be paying the homeless to participate in the movement. Now wonder when they are asked why they are there tehy have trouble answering.

Hey it was a decent idea ... Tea Party gaining steam so how do you get them out of the news. Then Obama coming out in a sheepish manner supporting them ... yeah ... he knew what was really going on. What a sham of a movement. All the libs on the internet (some here) fawning over it all. I smelled it a rat from the beginning ... it's easy to smell a rat when you grew up with rats - keep telling you people this.

So now you have all these fringe people seeking their 5 minutes of fame. It will end up hurting Obama (just as I said it would). Sorry to say I told you so but I did tell you so.

Ask yourself this question ... it was easy for me. Did you ever see the 1%'ers panicking over the movement :confused3: No you didn't - because they all knew it was a sham also. Now all you that got sucked into it - keep talking like you all know so much about how things work. You are the problem - they suck you all in so easy all the time - you are the sheeple. We have a few bots here in the forum - the foot soldiers.

More to come :popcorn:

Who woulda thunk it - democratic bots helping the GOP ... :rofl: ... time to rethink things you think you know.
    The forums and blogs are an amazing thing - if the CIA had this in the 60's ... OMG!

PREPARE FOR ARROWS AND CANNON BALLS FOR THIS THREAD.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  2. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +908 / 7 / -17

#87 Jersey

3. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -9

:eek: a group committed to organizing for social change organized for social change? OMG!!!!!!! :eek:

Link, please.

Know what Icy? I see a 100% fact-free thread from a sheeple hatin' on a bunch of kids w/tents.

Damn right they should be organizing the homeless. I'm sure the "meat" in this story is that you can get a sammich or a cup of soup at the OWS encampment, or some such crap. Whatev.

By the way, went over to the DC version a couple of days ago. Hung out for about half an hour after work. The people I met weren't terribly bright, but certainly brighter than many of the posters here. But you don't have to be that smart to realize this country's been very very good to the rich the last 30 years, and that the poor and the middle have been losing ground.

So, let's see the next horror story about ACORN being the root of all evil. :rolleyes:

PFnV
  4. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Would you care to be more specific or would it only be those who consider themselves conservatives that you consider not too bright?
  5. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -9

No Philly, I don't care to be more specific, in a disparaging way, toward particular members of the bumper-sticker crowd. That would be making it personal, and we don't want that.

I will gladly state, however, that I've had plenty of productive conversations with conservatives here.

There are a few who mechanically bend otherwise reasonably functional minds to ideological warfare. There are others who legitimately have minds that can assimilate new facts, and, whether or not they fit a template, can -- where warranted -- stray from their ideological purity. On the left, it's common, and you're the odd man out if you have some template everything has to fit. On the right, it's very rare that you can have a reasonable conversation here.

To "get personal" in a positive way, I've always found you able to pull back from heated debate, and you have even caught me confusing you for the bumper sticker types, and (rightly) took offense.

To name another name, Brandon has shown the ability to discuss outside of the entrenched positions.

My guess is that were you national figures, you'd both be in danger of losing your Conservative "cred."

As to the marching morons, once again, they know who they are, and you know who they are. It should be no surprise that a bunch of 20-somethings that sounded -- from a brief sampling -- like a George Carlin takeoff on hippies, are actually brighter than some here.

Marx thought religion was the opiate of the masses. It is, of course, for some. But ideology to fanatical extremes does the job just as nicely, with or without a God at the top.

PFnV
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +278 / 10 / -26

Out of curiosity, where do you get this information from??

Have seen this a few times on the right wing sites, but so far there has been no credible reference.. except conjecture.

The effort to demonize the OWS folks goes on and on.. and they seem to be staying strong.
  7. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -9

No no, they may be...

:rofl:

Let's try the same construction with other news headlines.

Cold Fusion May Produce Cheap, Clean, Safe, Plentiful Energy For Millennia, Fueled by Seawater

Martians May Have Landed, Begun Wiping Out Towns With Heat Rays

New Book of Bible May Have Been Discovered, Endorsing Homosexuality

PFnV
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +203 / 5 / -6

Nevermind the fact that the OP's post makes little sense. Apparently, he's trying to use a report from one activist that ACORN is paying homeless people to screw up OWS as evidence that the movement is a sham.

OWS activist says ACORN paying homeless people to attend protest - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

Whether the movement continues to grow remains to be seen, but it's certainly not a sham. It has attracted a wider base, including some labor unions, church groups, and independent political groups. There are many middle class people attending the rallies and marches, and even quite a few people who are older. The reality is that OWS is happening all over the world and there are tens of thousands of people involved from all walks of life.

The OP being a conservative may be simply engaging in projection, given that the real sham is the Tea Party, which has been completely bought by the Koch brothers and Republican Party.

The spin of right wingers that Obama supports OWS is nonsense. So far, he said that he hears what they are saying. That he wants to connect with them is obvious, but he sure ain't going to suck up to OWS in the same way Romney and the other Repugs are demeaning themselves in the way they pander to the Tea Party extremists. And OWS will not be bought by the Democrats.

Obama's comments on OWS are really quite reasonable:

“The most important thing we can do right now is those of us in leadership letting people know that we understand their struggles and we are on their side, and that we want to set up a system in which hard work, responsibility, doing what you’re supposed to do, is rewarded,”

“In some ways, they’re not that different from some of the protests that we saw coming from the Tea Party," Obama says. "Both on the left and the right, I think people feel separated from their government. They feel that their institutions aren’t looking out for them.”
  9. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Some valid points but the ideological purity is at both extremes. Ask a college student who is a conservative or a Republican if they are outnumbered or marginalized on college campuses. When conservative speakers are shouted down ( Cantor last week and others like Coulter) it demonstrates an intolerance for dissenting views.
    What I took offense at ( I guess us being the only ones posting at 4 am does that) was potentially being lumped in with the "not the brightest" and less than them....
    I've found that this board does have reasonable discussions. Many a thread I'll read just for the educational or entertainment value. Every once in a while I'l change my mind or widen my view based on postings or links...
  10. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +908 / 7 / -17

#87 Jersey

11. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

Right, everyone I know who identifies with the Tea Party gets weekly checks. I was thinking about joining so I can get me some straight cash, homey!
  12. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I've been looking for the hookup for almost 3 years... let me know if you find anything. Even been to a few rallies but the dude with his pants stuffed with cash eludes me :(
  13. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +202 / 2 / -3

drug use, breaking curfew and food tables are among the first things listed...

doesn't bode well for the rest of the "hate and violence" graphic... :rolleyes:
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

No Comment
  15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +443 / 5 / -2

Surprise, surprise. Someone in here thinks they're smarter than everybody else.
  16. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +53 / 14 / -9

I don't agree with everything OWS stands for, but I do support their
    right to protest..

I do find it funny that the same people who ripped the Tea Party are
    supporting OWS.

The Tea Party just wants to keep MORE of their own money.
    They do not want other people to pick up their tab.

OWS..... Wants the tax payers to forgive their student loans.
    They agreed to the loans... so they should pay their own bills.

Maybe they should support putting limits on the price of a college
    can charge you for an education.
  17. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

I am a 53 percenter and proud.

I am not part of the 99 percenter crowd. They do not speak for me.

We Are The 53%
  18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +278 / 10 / -26

Not sure they speak for me either, but I respect their riight to speak..

Have always had reluctance to say I am part of any group, until I really know all about the group... whether or not is 99% or 53%...

Not sure what the 53% are, nice pictures though....

But there is no link to ACORN, despite what the title says..
  19. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +53 / 14 / -9

Excellent post.... I guess I have been worknig too much !
    This is the first I have heard of the 53 percenter.

Sign me up....... I am defined by the 53 percenter.

I struggle to get through school (Dyslexia) and later in life I found out
    I have a severe case of ADD.

Out of school I started worknig the grave yard shift for $4.40 an hours
    in a print room in dorchester.... I did a good job and got a chance to
    become a computer operator trainee. moved up through the ranks and I
    now hold a 6 diget salary (Until I lose my job to India). I purchased
    investment rental properties in some of inner cities. I did 99% of the
    work myself and battled thiefs and criminals along the way.
    I got stabbed in 2002, when I confronted a guy stealing tools
    from my van as I worked on a house I own in Brockton.
    I also battled my own demons and became a alcoholic and drug addict
    while holding down a job and investment properties. I lost one job
    along the way, but after getting clean and sober in 1995, my career
    moved forward fast...... I have never collected unemployment and I
    have never asked anyone to pick up my tab..... I am no rocket scientist
    but I do a good job providing for my wife and two young children.
    If I can do it.... Anyone can.....

I am a 53 percenter.....
  20. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/...dFacepalm.jpg/618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

this ACORN crap is just as dumb as the 53% crap....

you DO understand that the 47% who pay little to no federal income taxes do so because they don't make enough $$...right? They also pay federal payroll, and gas taxes and on and on...

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201110190022

are you also in the % who work for a company that actually pays taxes?

"Nearly 300 of the nation's most profitable companies paid an average tax rate of 18.5 percent from 2008 to 2010, less than half of the 35 percent corporate tax rate, according to a study by the Citizens for Tax Justice released Thursday. Of the 280 companies, 78 studied paid a tax rate of zero or less during at least one year of the three year period. "

Source: http://www.ctj.org/corporatetaxdodgers/CorporateTaxDodgersPR.pdf

Oh...and saying you are a 53% er and also not part of the 99% makes you....approximately a .0000034%er, and not so good a venn diagrams.