PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So apparently Solder TD shouldn't have counted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe they are correct. The NFL rulebook says:

On the play in question, Gronk and Solder were on both ends of the line. Flemming was inside Gronk and therefore could not be eligible.

I don't believe any of these things had happened. Surely there will be league investigation and nationally televised inquisitions of players and coaches. Right?
Does anyone know what happened to Torquemada's thumbscrews? They are needed in an NFL investigation about hot air.

How many days and how many views of the game did it take for them to come up with this? I could come up with something on just about every play.....a hold or an illegal contact......

Man these clowns have become obsessed with the pats.......pats should get royalties for all the airplay this is getting

I think what the situation really shows is that the rulebook on certain aspects of the game has become way too convoluted. With all whats going on in normal games presnap anyway if you add in the eligibility changes I am not surprised that the refs lose track on certain things.

I think the NFL should think about streamlining some of the rules in the offseason so officials have a few less things to worry about and concentrate on true issues.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
I think what the situation really shows is that the rulebook on certain aspects of the game has become way too convoluted. With all whats going on in normal games presnap anyway if you add in the eligibility changes I am not surprised that the refs lose track on certain things.

I think the NFL should think about streamlining some of the rules in the offseason so officials have a few less things to worry about and concentrate on true issues.
Sure......just as with anything else that happens and doesn't get called

Really? He and Solder were both eligible on that play?

To be honest, I am not sure. I seem to recall at least one play where I thought they were both eligible. Not having DVR, or all 22 to review, I can't be absolute and would have to defer to someone who does.

Maybe Solder did not have enough air in his pants.

The only way to know for certain is to look at the all-22 of the play before and make sure that Fleming did, indeed, report as eligible and that the NFL scorekeeper got it wrong in his detailing of it..

That's an example of the vagueness in the rule wording. It can be construed to say that he was ineligible the moment he put on a jersey with an ineligible number, before he'd participated in any plays.

That is, actually, the rule. By putting on a jersey with an ineligible number, you can not be an eligible receiver unless you report to the referee.

Cleaning out the clutter by bumping the threads that aren't obsolete after last night. We're on to the Superbowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes