PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Snyder makes Archuleta the highest paid safety in history

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
Redskins | Archuleta becomes richest safety
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 19:16:22 -0800

Don Pierson, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Washington Redskins S Adam Archuleta became the richest safety in NFL history when he received $10 million in guaranteed money from the Redskins.
Ten million GUARANTEED for a safety that can't cover. Fricken' amazing. Don't get me wrong, I was in the camp that would have liked the Patriots to consider him, but there's no way he's worth that.

I don't understand that at all. I'm sure that in the back of Rodney's mind, he sees this and is wondering how someone like Archuleta could be getting paid so much more than him. It's those types of contracts that really upset the apple cart as they say.

Archuleta has had recent back problems, and struggled in St Louis' defense. Maybe a new environment will help. Still, I agree, that's an awful lot of money for a safety who has yet to live up to expectations. That's Snyder's M.O., he doesn't like to compete for players and plays his hand from the outset. Players and agents must feel like it's Christmas when they get a call from the Redskins.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Ten million GUARANTEED for a safety that can't cover. Fricken' amazing. Don't get me wrong, I was in the camp that would have liked the Patriots to consider him, but there's no way he's worth that.
funny, that's a joke... i mean i love rodney... but no safety is worth that scratch.... oh well, it will kill the skins in the future; we all have the same cap

The Redskins are ruining the league...far and away the George Steinbrenner of the NFL...it caught up to them before...I hope it does again even worse.

I feared big problems when the cap went up like it did...and next year also. Stupid teams spending next years cap now to win it all at the expense of some semblance of parity.

However, the TV networks will be very pleased this year and next. Many scores to settle will mean ratings through the roof...way through the roof.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

Snyder didn't do the Steelers any favors. Palamaloau's agent should be taking notes on this contract.

I would rather have Eugene Wilson than Archuletta anyday. Isn't he who Troy Brown beat over the middle in the wayning second of SB XXXVI? Then let Troy get out of bounds? He can't coverm isn't fast, and doesn't hit, yeah on second thought he does deserve to be the highest paid saftey in the NFL. Last I checked, they still don't have a QB.

Was he signed to be a safety or will Williams move him back to WLB? Still overpaid, but he may be a better value there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down