PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

snowstorm affect practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Northeast Snowstorm Not Enough to Cancel Patriots' Wednesday Workout - New England Patriots - NESN.com

well that is the news i was looking for...but it says they will "leave their homes extra early", ie they are NOT staying in the hotel tonight...maybe they will tomorrow night. IF they have an extra 50 rooms to spare.

Most of the snow will come down during wed. day not tonight. The jets are affected by the same storm but it's happening earlier obviously. Maybe they will be snowed in tomorrow.

I heard snow is expected to start around 4AM and start coming heavy.....If they leave at 6AM...there could be 4 + inches of blowing snow already on the roads.....Lets hope the Mass DPW does a better job of plowing than the last storm we had here.....

I'd say that the Pats better have a bunch of rooms reserved for tonite AND tommorrow after practice......Krafty can afford it.

Too much at stake to let a little snow ruin a potential run to the Dance !:rocker:

18 inches of snow expected.

Two storms are converging, one from the Midwest and the other that just hit Atlanta.

The city of Atlanta has 8 snow plows. They are so clueless down there.

Northeast Snowstorm Not Enough to Cancel Patriots' Wednesday Workout - New England Patriots - NESN.com

well that is the news i was looking for...but it says they will "leave their homes extra early", ie they are NOT staying in the hotel tonight...maybe they will tomorrow night. IF they have an extra 50 rooms to spare.

Most of the snow will come down during wed. day not tonight. The jets are affected by the same storm but it's happening earlier obviously. Maybe they will be snowed in tomorrow.

I'd bet my bottom dollar that on Monday, the players were instructed to pack an overnight bag, plan to stay overnight at the Ren on Tue eve so that they can make it to practice at 8am. Based on the weather reports, they may even need to stay Wed eve.

They'll probably cancel the game if it's to cold too

Just heard on Channel 5 that practice is ON for tomorrow at 8 AM and players are EXPECTED to be on time. I wonder if anyone will be sent home if they're late like last year with Burgess, Moss, etc.....
The weather is going to be terrible, and driving will be treacherous. If they must practice tomorrow, and I really think they need to, why don't the players just go to the stadium now and stay overnight at that overpriced hotel right next to the stadium? This is a matter of safety....
Only if its Deaderick.
Players dont get sent home for being late due to snow, they get sent home for being late whehter there is snow or not

theres snow here in NY so the jets will be affected too. i wouldnt worry too much

18 inches of snow expected.

Two storms are converging, one from the Midwest and the other that just hit Atlanta.

The city of Atlanta has 8 snow plows. They are so clueless down there.

Why would they need more than 8 plows?

Seems like some of the players might of been at the hotel, this is from Darius Butler's twitter feed last night:

Nope. But closer than usual. RT @DerekHavens: @DariusButler28 You sleeping at the stadium tonight? lol. Wouldn't wanna be late tomorrow
15 hours ago

The NFL would never postpone a post season game due to weather like they would with a regular season game. Thus the players can afford to stay at a hotel next to the stadium for at least one night.

The NFL would never postpone a post season game due to weather like they would with a regular season game. Thus the players can afford to stay at a hotel next to the stadium for at least one night.

Each of those statements might be true, but I'm not sure what they have to do with each other.

They can "afford" it? I'm sure they can.

For crying out loud. Some of you guys act like this is the first time they've had to deal with a snowstorm and scheduling a practice. This is old hat for N.E.

For crying out loud. Some of you guys act like this is the first time they've had to deal with a snowstorm and scheduling a practice. This is old hat for N.E.

Maybe you're right, that's my question....WOULD it affect practice.

Just a flat "no", doesn't sound informed. 2 feet of snow and 50 mph winds aren't a typical snowstorm even in NE (I used to live there).

Maybe they are all staying in the hotel or whatever tonight. Blizzard of 78 was about 30-36 inches of snow and roads were impassable for about a week where I lived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes