PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SNL

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Right now.

You knew they were going to go there. Funny stuff...

New defense for haters. SNL said they did it.

my problem with that was how they portrayed the media as civil and reasonable.

Just missed it. Please give a summary.

opening skit was inside the nfl showing pats press conference. bill comes on and does predictable bill stuff. then he throws brady under the bus and brady comes out and acts ridiculously naive and stupid. then they bring out the like assistant equipment manager ball boy who acts crazy and then admits he's guilty.

opening skit was inside the nfl showing pats press conference. bill comes on and does predictable bill stuff. then he throws brady under the bus and brady comes out and acts ridiculously naive and stupid. then they bring out the like assistant equipment manager ball boy who acts crazy and then admits he's guilty.
Wow, sounds like an epic wiff by SNL as well as a missed opportunity.

Okay...,.

Greg Gumbel started off as the intro and sent it to Gillette Stadium where Bill took the podium.

Bill started off grunting and saying he took the situation seriously. He said that he knew nothing about the situation but wanted to throw Tom under the bus. He also says that Tom told him that he was going to do something about those footballs.

Tom takes the stage and acts like a doofus, denying everything in a unbelievable way. Saying knowing air pressure is nerd stuff and above his pay grade. He gets called out for that.

Tom calls the ball boy up and he goes Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men and admits he does it.

Sorry, can't replicate the humor. To be honest, I expected better. It wasn't really that good IMO.

I'd love to see BB host SNL for real. It would be bad and classic at the same time.

Skits are written earlier in the week...and then they do dress rehearsals to fine tune them. They probably updated the skit as of Thursday's developments...but impossible to crank in today's press conference in sufficient time for the live show.

oh please that skit was great

Meh, this **** was so ripe for the picking, only managing to squeeze a minuscule chuckle from so much material is a gift I suppose.

SNL could have done much better. So many possibilities with "deflated balls".

I've seen better jokes about deflate gate on this forum.

BTW, how many people wasted their time getting their posts deleted just now?

"No politics in the football forum". It's right up there with "Don't run with scissors" and "Don't eat the yellow snow".

Last edited:
That wasn't bad considering it was based on pre Saturday press conferences. It did look like he kind of left Brady holding the bag until his epic smackdown today.

I thought the amount of air was how much air in the pig when it dies was pretty funny, though i mangled it.

Not top talent, but a pretty fair parody IMO.

That was pretty bad. I hope Frank Caliendo does the bb press conference. He is much much much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes