Welcome to PatsFans.com

SNL Palin Interview

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wildo7, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  2. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

[size=+3] Saturday Night Live is the most snarky, smug, arrogant, elitist, idiotic, mindless horse manure ever to hit the planet. Those who enjoy it are .... well, everyone can read between the lines. Other than that, it's a boffo show!!![/size]

Lorne Michaels, Tina Fey, and company ----> :bricks:

[size=+2] Although, I have to admit, the babe playing Katie Couric nailed her perfectly!!! [/size]

[Thanks, Harry !!! :D --------- :singing: --------- :singing:]

//

4. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

It's amazing that they haven't been able to find any Biden material. I guess maybe it's because the MSM let's it die. Can you imagine the SNL show if Sarah Palin had said half the stuff Biden has? ................FYI, I was watching MSNBC this morning and they were running the Tina Fey clips. Admittedly Fey does an amazing job and is funny. I switched over to watch recaps of the NFL games and then switched back to MSNBC 15 mins later. Not surprisingly anymore, they were playing more of the clips. Sure Palin has given them material, but how can you honestly tell me that this is not a deliberate partisan attack? It's an obvious and deliberate piling on and it's because she's republican. Otherwise we would see some kind of balance, especially with the mountain of Biden gaffs to pick from.

5. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +272 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Why don't they do skits of Biden watching FDR on TV in 1929. Or, Biden asking a guy in a wheelchair to stand up?

I like comedy no matter who it makes fun at. But, you would think that Bidens little gems would make a good and funny skit. I guess they can only make fun of who they want to put down. No surprise there.

6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +710 / 7 / -2

SNL has done ZERO Biden spoofs. So Charlie isn't standing up. :D

7. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,896 / 12 / -18

#75 Jersey

Yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda.....and there are the funny clips of Bush asking the reporter to take off his sunglasses - - but he's blind. And the ones of Obama claiming 57 states, or McCain speaking of Spain as if it isn't a democratic western ally, etc. etc.

The merry-go-round of gaffes is endless for every politician who has spent years in the national limelight.

What makes Palin different is she HASN"T a national record. People have YET to see her actually make sense ONCE outside of a prepared speech. Put her on a Sunday interview show and if she ever STARTS making sense, then she will be taken seriously.

All those other examples, while making funny slip-ups, at least have a record of performance in front of interview questions.

In the same time period where Biden has done over 90 TV interviews and 4 press conferences, Palin has done ZERO press conferences and 4 interviews (2 of which I've seen and they are DISASTROUS - - the other two, I haven't seen).

8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +405 / 15 / -14

9. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

That's pure BS spin. Right, SNL has a meeting and decides that since Biden has a national record that his gaffs need not be spoofed. MSNBC has a similar meeting and then skits run all danm morning long? You saw the two "disasters" but not the other two? Interesting. That's what I'm talking about. What people see is what the media feeds us. Look, I'm not arguing there hasn't been ample material for SNL from Palin, but the be honest for cripes sake. What would SNL do if Palin said what Biden said? They're piling on her and giving Biden a pass for arguably equally embarassing gaffs and it's first and foremost because he's the democrat and she's the republican.

10. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,896 / 12 / -18

#75 Jersey

Once again. Obama and McCain have made silly gaffes also in the past few weeks.

The difference, which you still don't face, is that they have many, many performances in front of the cameras.

It's like a baseball players who hits .250.

If that player has 150 hits in 600 at-bats - - he is far more likely to be taken seriously, than if he is 1 for 4 lifetime with two strikeouts.

Biden has many serious gaffes. In the past few weeks he has given over 90 unrehearsed interviews and 4 full press conferences.

Palin has been protected like the Hope Diamond and the few times she has been allowed outside to see the sun, she has shriveled.

You REALLY want to compare the two???????????? Go ahead, but you're deluding yourself.

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +877 / 2 / -9

With all the attention the Loony Toon Dingobat Obama Groupies are giving to Sarah she must be scaring the sh!t out of them, the A$s Holes are giving her better publicity than the whole GOP party is.

12. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,896 / 12 / -18

#75 Jersey

.......yeah, evidently just as much as Sharpton, Jesse (hasn't been relevant in 20 years) Jackson and Louis (half-dead) Farrakhan scare you, evidently! :D :D :D

13. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Hi wildo , i am not sure if you watched this spoof yet ??

Please , vote for mccain ,please ,so please , obama doesn't want me to have a BOAT.Please , think of me and my boat:
    YouTube - Mad TV - Fox News Spoof

14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Love watching the RWers complain about how SNL portrays their heroes....

It's like a bunch of little Hank Steinbrenners.... "It's NOT FAIR!!!"