PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SNF @ Baltimore - Do You Think We'll Get Flexed Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatepatsfan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
It's a good matchup, rematch of last year's AFC Championship game. No matter what happens this weekend, Ravens will be in playoff contention. Whether or not we clinch playoffs this weekend, we'll still have plenty to play for in terms of seeding. Lots of good games over the years.

On the other hand, they could have Colts @ Chiefs, Saints @ Panthers, or Cardinals @ Seahawks.

I believe the networks and NFL have to decide by tomorrow. Personally, I'd flex the Saints @ Panthers, but what do I know.

IMO football should be played at 1:00 PM on Sunday, so I hope so.

No, I cannot envision a scenario where the Pats-Ravens game would be flexed out.

New Orleans-Carolina is protected, and they're not going to show the same two teams again just two weeks later even though it's a great matchup.

Indy-KC is arguably better, but the New England-Baltimore game is between two playoff teams (or one playoff team and one playoff contender). Flex was put into place to eliminate games like the one that was originally scheduled for yesterday, between two teams with losing records entering the game.

10-3 versus 7-6 is not a dog of a game, and 10-3 vs 8-5 is not so much appreciably better to cause the switch.

However, the Colts-Chiefs game most likely will be moved to a late afternoon kickoff in order to gain a larger audience.

There are two other late games on CBS: Oakland at San Diego and Pittsburgh at Green Bay. The Raiders-Chargers game stays because they're in the pacific time zone, but the Steelers-Packers game may be moved up to an early start so more people can see the KC-Indy game (assuming that's moved to 4:25)

Last edited:
It would make sense to have the Saints-Panthers game there. Hope it happens, too.

i don't think it will get flexed, tommy has way too much star power.

I ******* hate primetime Pats games. HATE THEM.

I don't think it will, because Pats-Ravens is a pretty premium draw. They're both in the playoff race, Pats are 10-3 and Ravens are defending SB champs, and it's a rematch of last year's AFCCG. It could happen, but Pats-Ravens is probably a more compelling draw than Saints-Panthers, especially when you consider that SNF already aired Saints-Panthers just last night. In any case, it's pretty close, and I'd think that it would have to be awfully clear cut to flex the game.

That said, I'd kinda rather it was flexed. I prefer the Pats playing at 1 or 4 instead of the night game.

Poll please?

No way it gets flexed. We already had Panthers Saints flexed, they will not do that twice.

Nope, and we'd better not as I have concert tickets earlier in the day and I specifically bought them because I would be home to see the Pats play the Ravens later that night!

IMO football should be played at 1:00 PM on Sunday, so I hope so.

Why? You'd only be able to watch one game a week....highly doubt this game gets flexed. Panthers-Saints was a stinker last night. This isn't one of those rivalries where the fans just hate each other, these teams have legit beef and played in last two afccg. As much as it'd be nice to not have to face a primetime loud crowd, I'd rather take these guys down on national tv. Won't be any replacement refs to award them bogus field goals this time.

I don't think it will, because Pats-Ravens is a pretty premium draw. They're both in the playoff race, Pats are 10-3 and Ravens are defending SB champs, and it's a rematch of last year's AFCCG. It could happen, but Pats-Ravens is probably a more compelling draw than Saints-Panthers, especially when you consider that SNF already aired Saints-Panthers just last night. In any case, it's pretty close, and I'd think that it would have to be awfully clear cut to flex the game.

That said, I'd kinda rather it was flexed. I prefer the Pats playing at 1 or 4 instead of the night game.

So do I since I can never sleep after the night games.

It's a good matchup, rematch of last year's AFC Championship game. No matter what happens this weekend, Ravens will be in playoff contention. Whether or not we clinch playoffs this weekend, we'll still have plenty to play for in terms of seeding. Lots of good games over the years.

On the other hand, they could have Colts @ Chiefs, Saints @ Panthers, or Cardinals @ Seahawks.

I believe the networks and NFL have to decide by tomorrow. Personally, I'd flex the Saints @ Panthers, but what do I know.
I don't think they can flex Saints Panthers since the same matchup was on SNF last week, and no other games are more attractive that the current #2 seed fighting for the #1 and the current tied for 6 seed fighting to hold on to it.
I don't tihnk they would ever flex out two teams that would be in the playoffs if the season ended today.

I am not sure the NFL would flex in panthers/saints. Because it would piss off FOX. Also it would give Saints a 6th prime time game thus eliminating a chance to flex them week 17 just in case they need to win vs TB to win division and bye week. NFL wants last Sunday night game to mean something in terms of playoffs.

I am not sure the NFL would flex in panthers/saints. Because it would piss off FOX. Also it would give Saints a 6th prime time game thus eliminating a chance to flex them week 17 just in case they need to win vs TB to win division and bye week. NFL wants last Sunday night game to mean something in terms of playoffs.

Week 17 will all but surely be Philly/Dallas for the division title.

Week 17 will all but surely be Philly/Dallas for the division title.

I agree but I don't the NFL wants put themselves in a corner by eliminating a team because of too many primetime appearances before week 17

the league will find a way to get denver another primetime regular season game.

the league will find a way to get denver another primetime regular season game.

Denver has 6 with this TNF game. Thus not eligible to be flexed out again

Wish they would/hope they do. Love daytime football. Enough with these 11:30 pm finishes. Ridiculous.

I am actually surprised it wasn't a primetime game to begin with. The rematch of the AFCCG should have been a clear Sunday night game.

That said, I don't know if they will flex it now and NBC may have protected it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes