Welcome to PatsFans.com

Sneaky Dems enslave airlines to their passengers

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Dec 22, 2009.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +387 / 6 / -9

The evil FAA has ISSUED a communistic nazi law FINING our upstanding AIRLINES if they KEEP PASSENGERS ON BOARD MORE THAN 3 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT onLy tHAt, THEY DID IT AS A REGULATION SO NOBODY VOTES ON IT!!!!!

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO BE FORCED TO SIT ON A TARMAC WHEN THE AIRLINES DON'T HAVE THEIR ACT TOGETHER!!!!!!! FIGHT FOR THE HUB-AND-SPOKE SYSTEM OUR FOREFATHERS MEANT US TO HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tea Cart Party starts with YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PFnV
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +153 / 7 / -13

Are they going to force us to buy tickets?

Are they going to tell where we have to fly?

I don't want to buy a ticket.
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

And let's get rid of the FAA and flight controllers. Let's make the airspace free again from government interference.
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

Rotten bastards, those FAA people making air travel more humane and people friendly.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +485 / 2 / -9

Great work FAA, this is something a Neo Con like me would do, good for the FAA, now I wish they could deport Aunt Zucchini before President Jug Ears invites her to a White House dinner.

Attn Gore Groupies:
    Polar Bears are losing their hair.

GOD BLESS THE FAA
  6. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Next they will be forcing airplanes to stay out of airspace over densely packed residential neighborhoods.

Darn it, I love having my ears blown out every time a 747 comes in for a landing at Logan!
  7. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Actually, I think the Big O ordered them to do it...... Which is a good thing. It took continued failure by congress to to get him to take this step.

Congress has dragged their feet on this issue for years, while they get their peepees sucked by airline lobbyists. This has been a failure for ALL congresses in the last 15 years, and it wasn't til the FAA issued this "toothless" regulation (which is not enforceable by the way).

Overall, a step in the right direction by his O-ness none-the-less. He got something right this month. Way to go.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  8. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Need more coffee right now. But this is what I do know. The airline industry is a freakin' joke. Pull away from the gate and sit on the tarmac for 8 hours. The bottom line for the industry: on time, as the plane pulled away from the gate. "F" the passengers.
  9. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's been in the works for longer than President Obama has been in office, ever since the Jet Blue incident in New York nearly three years ago.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  10. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

In case anyone's wondering, the reason this happens is that a particular runway can only handle so many airplane movements in a set period of time, and that number of movements goes way down in bad weather. Couple that to the fact that landing traffic always has the right of way over departing traffic and its easily possible for there to be too many landing movements to accommodate even one takeoff.

With small, private airplanes at public airports you only need permission from the tower to go onto the taxiways and of course onto the runways. You can start your bird and drive around on the ramp (what they call a parking lot for airplanes) all you want without permission from anyone. The big birds are different. They need permission from the tower to start their engines or to move at all. So its really more the responsibility of the tower to keep these planes from sitting around all day.

I suppose if the tower says permission to start isn't coming anytime soon it behooves the airline to let everyone off, but I wouldn't think that would be much of a problem.
  11. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +387 / 6 / -9

Well, it's apparently enough of a problem that the FAA had to put a reg in place that the airline has to let people off the big jets LOL... otherwise they'd just do it themselves.

But that would mean they couldn't claim to have (eventually) rendered the service and therefore be much more immune to people insisting on a make-good ticket.

Passenger air is one bet Buffet seems never to take... he wrote about it in a letter to shareholders a year or two ago. Interesting. He takes the attitude that passenger air is naturally a niche market, and all efforts to make money from have failed.

He's not always right of course. But I don't think the weather, the price of fuel, hub-and-spoke, terrorism, or anything else is really to blame for the crappy service airlines provide. The fault is that their business budget is always operating, and has always operated, on a razor-thin margin.

It may just be time to admit that them there bullet trains ain't such a bad way to go.

PFnV