PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY still apologizing for AFailus, and Springs too

Status
Not open for further replies.

captain stone

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
A.D. talks "sorrrrry" - Extra Points - Boston.com

I know that it must suck that your source is off the team, Shalise, but this constant ball-washing of him, and now of another failed vet "leader"(snicker) in Springs, is getting tiresome almost to the point of serious reputation damage.

Those who understand what it takes to win here, are staying; those who don't, are leaving. Why don't we just admit that ADT & Springs fall into the latter category, and leave it at that?

Last edited:
Pathetic.
These 2 vets were paid big bucks with the expectation that (1) they'd play to the best of their ability and (2) that they'd exhibit vet leadership. They took the money, more than most here earn in a lifetime and they failed to deliver on both points. Dead to me.

I tend to agree with the poster...nothing worse than hearing about EX-Patriots...one who disappointed many of the fans, both ON the field and with their attitudes. There ARE reasons why they are "Ex"...and really, it's teh bottom of the barrel to continue hearing about them. MOST fans Don't CARE SMY about either..Just more evidence about jock sniffers going after the negatives..and how OUT OF TOUCH the Globe staff is. Continued pitiful reporting.

Either she's a pawn forced to deliver the negativity they think sells papers, or she has no idea what Patriots fans want to hear, which is the door slamming behind those two.

Sucks either way.

Oh well. The Globes coverage is just pitiful these days.

Love this line

Thomas said it is a "different" feeling being unemployed, but "you pray to God and let him handle it."

Trouble is, it may feel different, but it pretty much looks the same as you did when on the field

I'm still trying to figure out where people got the idea that Springs was a rotten apple in the locker-room..

I tend to agree with the poster...nothing worse than hearing about EX-Patriots...one who disappointed many of the fans, both ON the field and with their attitudes. There ARE reasons why they are "Ex"...and really, it's teh bottom of the barrel to continue hearing about them. MOST fans Don't CARE SMY about either..Just more evidence about jock sniffers going after the negatives..and how OUT OF TOUCH the Globe staff is. Continued pitiful reporting.

Stan, just keep in mind SMY actively reads and occassionally posts on this forum.

Thomas said it is a "different" feeling being unemployed, but "you pray to God and let him handle it."

hopefully, god can send him a winning lottery ticket so he won't starve.

I mean another one.

Idk where all of this drama is coming from. I read the article and I didn't see her defending these guys at all. This is probably just a snip of a longer interview she had with AD during on of the slowest parts of the offseason. Get over it.

Stan, just keep in mind SMY actively reads and occassionally posts on this forum.
All the more reason to let her know that most of us don't care about Thomas' BBQ.

Idk where all of this drama is coming from. I read the article and I didn't see her defending these guys at all. This is probably just a snip of a longer interview she had with AD during on of the slowest parts of the offseason. Get over it.

Given that neither player is likely suiting up for the Patriots this year, I don't see the need for an article about AD and Springs. How much interest can there be in these 2 ex-players and in what happened in that one minor incident? Isn't there something, anything, else worth writing about? It does appear that SMY is carrying the torch for AD. Why? Not sure why she feels the need to explain or defend him.

SMY is reporting what she's been told by those involved. That's her job. We're not forced to read it. To me, it's Patriots/football news. Not what I'd like to hear, but it is what it is.

SMY is reporting what she's been told by those involved. That's her job. We're not forced to read it. To me, it's Patriots/football news. Not what I'd like to hear, but it is what it is.

She may have been told it, but she CHOSE to write it. THATS part of her job too. It's just weird for her to just keep on writing this stuff when there's far more important and relevant things to report......new stuff that may take some time and effort. Will she still be writing about the trials and tribulations of AD next year?

I sincerely hope she is, and she doesn't turn into Ron Borges 2.0

All the more reason to let her know that most of us don't care about Thomas' BBQ.

I was going to post the exact same thing. Does she cover the Pats or the ADs?

SMY clearly has a "thing" for this guy's cause. My sense is that most people are so far beyond this guy's situation that this is old, tiresome news. If AD were that good (even with cap implications) wouldn't he be employed by now?

OK, reading this thread I expected SMY's piece to be a Borges-style screed in defense of Thomas and Springs. Imagine my surprise when I actually read a very brief, neutral account of an untold bit of backstory to the "sorrry" episode.

What the heck's the big deal? It's the deepest part of the offseason and you have to come up with SOMETHING for the Patriots beat.

If he were back here for some charity event I could at least understand SMY covering it and/or him. This is more like stalking...or promoting...or maybe she's addicted to his marinade.

He was competing in a grill off for some reality show Comcast Sports is trying to produce.

The Main Course Market - News**READY, SET, GRILL?* The Main Course Grill-offOn Saturday, May 22nd** between the hours of 1:00 ? 4:00 p.m. The Main Course Market will host a grilling competition in their parking lot at 11 Washington Street, C

Move on Shalize. The organizating and the fans have. You're supposed to be a sports reporter and the Patriots beat writer. AD isn't relevant here anymore unless your looking for a gig in the lifestyle section.

Either she's a pawn forced to deliver the negativity they think sells papers, or she has no idea what Patriots fans want to hear, which is the door slamming behind those two.

This is the same paper that lost Reiss who always tried to give a balanced view, but keeps employed, the king of douchebag reporting, Shanknancy. In 30 years of whining, I guarantee you Shanknancy still doesn't know what a nickelback is.

Somehow I don't think it's all on SMY.

This is the same paper that lost Reiss who always tried to give a balanced view, but keeps employed, the king of douchebag reporting, Shanknancy. In 30 years of whining, I guarantee you Shanknancy still doesn't know what a nickelback is.

Somehow I don't think it's all on SMY.

It's incredible. CHB, the ghost of Borges, High talker Masserotti pitching in in case they run out of negativity, and Gaspar, who is turning into a little beeyotch. I can't understand it, but I'm reading Reiss on ESPN for globe Sports.

A tip from this fan. Unless Adalius gets hit by a bus, he isn't news, for the Pats or the NFL.

Isn't there something, anything, else worth writing about?

Ah, there's the crux of the matter! I have an answer for you:

Nope.

I came to this conclusion by doing some legwork. I read through all of the Pats blogs for the past day -- Globe, Herald, Projo, ESPN. Aside from SMY's post, ALL of the coverage was of the totally news-free zone of Wes Welker's football camp. I could barely stay awake through all of the reports.

And as it happens, Bert Breer took the [*yawn*] Welker camp beat for the Globe.

So that means Young was left trying to scrounge up a quick blog at a time when everybody worth talking to is off on vacation. What's the big deal? :confused2:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey