PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY Pro Jo column touches on Troy Brown's status

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoLewisrocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
And also confirms that there is BOTH a 3 week window in which to activate PUP players AND AN ADDITIONAL 3 week window in which to practice them before deciding on whether to add them to the roster. So no decisions have to be finalized before week 12 unless someone pushes that timeline.

Troy Brown has a message for his legions of fans:

“Tell them I’m doing OK.”

Yesterday, Brown made a rare appearance in the Patriots’ locker room during media access, and said he’s working to get back onto the field this season.

The 15-year veteran is one of four players on New England’s physically unable to perform list, and as such can’t be activated until after week six, at the earliest. At any time after week six — which is next Monday — but before week nine, the Patriots can elect to open a 21-day window to get Brown (or Richard Seymour, Chad Jackson or Eddie Jackson, the other three players on the list) onto the practice field. By the end of that three-week period, the team will either activate the players onto the 53-man roster or place them on season-ending injured reserve."

Another solid comment from BB in her piece that all the armchair coaches and performance graders/critics in message board land would do well to keep in mind:

Although last night’s Monday Night Football game was between the Patriots’ next opponent, Dallas, and division-rival Buffalo, it wasn’t must-see TV for Belichick.

“I’ll take a look at it, but TV scouting, you don’t really get too much out of it, to be honest with you,” he said. “There’s not enough people in the screen. Usually, it’s just the guy with the ball or a couple of guys. From a coaching standpoint, you really need to see the overall scheme of how they’re playing and who is where. You don’t see that on TV.”

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_patsjo09_10-09-07_8N7DRV5.30b58ad.html

I'm sure he's already got the coaches film of last night's game in his hands.

Another solid comment from BB in her piece that all the armchair coaches and performance graders/critics in message board land would do well to keep in mind:

Although last night’s Monday Night Football game was between the Patriots’ next opponent, Dallas, and division-rival Buffalo, it wasn’t must-see TV for Belichick.

“I’ll take a look at it, but TV scouting, you don’t really get too much out of it, to be honest with you,” he said. “There’s not enough people in the screen. Usually, it’s just the guy with the ball or a couple of guys. From a coaching standpoint, you really need to see the overall scheme of how they’re playing and who is where. You don’t see that on TV.”

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_patsjo09_10-09-07_8N7DRV5.30b58ad.html

BB has been asked this various times in the last 7 yrs for certain monday and sunday night games and has given the same answer. nothing new.

I'm sure he's already got the coaches film of last night's game in his hands.

I'm sure he does but that was not the point. The point was lots of folks here, from knee jerks to the well intentioned, spent hours on end ripping apart players and plays and calls based on what they believe they saw through countless Tivo replays of network game footage. I think it's fine to try to analyze performance but you really need to maintain perspective. Absent coaches tape and an understanding of what the game plan or play calls entailed it's really silly to be ripping into anyone or pontificating half ****ed. At best all we can comment on are seeming generalities.

Direct TV has made a big deal about its Superfan option and had to tie HD games to it to make anyone ireally very interested.

But they overlook an option than many dedicated fans WOULD pay for, and that is a Coaches view tape option for a game(s).

It's also an option that the networks never use. When the center up high camera on a cable came in, I expected a coaches view from behind the QB, but the networks never did that at all. I often wondered why? It would certainly answer lots of review the play questions, not to mention the WR breaking open or the mysterious Pass defense holding infraction, that is never on the TV screen views from the Networks. Why?

Last edited:
But they overlook an option than many dedicated fans WOULD pay for, and that is a Coaches view tape option for a game(s).

It's also an option that the networks never use. When the center up high camera on a cable came in, I expected a coaches view from behind the QB, but the networks never did that at all. I often wondered why? It would certainly answer lots of review the play questions, not to mention the WR breaking open or the mysterious Pass defense holding infraction, that is never on the TV screen views from the Networks. Why?

The sad ... commercial ... truth is that all popular sporting events are
principally entertainment - not sports.

This became unmistakable about 3 or 4 Olympiads ago ... when NBC began skipping results and events
that didn't feature Americans.
Now The Games ... and all our other games ... are presented foremost as grist for
the "human interest" mill.

What's HAPPENING, and how, is quite secondary.
That's also what drives the preposterous chatter and blather of most of the "announcer" teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back