PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Pats interested in Fred Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I think he takes Jordan's place if Taylor doesn't sign (but he will, so it's moot).

Yup, my bad - my math was wrong...if Jordan and Taylor don't sign, then I'd agree we'd try to keep BJGE on the 53...that said, we could draft RB (specifically, a future 3rd down RB for Faulk to mentor, though I think Faulk has plenty of good years left given we know its "not the years, its the mileage") and muddy up the situation.

Jordan's gone for good. He wants to hit free agency and money. Umm the Pats have competition for Taylor (Bills), so unless he's willing to take a discount, he won't likely be a Patriot.

Taylor would be our #1 RB. Why again would the team not pay what the Bills would pay?

Jordan's gone for good. He wants to hit free agency and money. Umm the Pats have competition for Taylor (Bills), so unless he's willing to take a discount, he won't likely be a Patriot.

Good luck getting that money Mr. Jordan :), hey I say if we can get the Bills to over pay for him I'll take it we stuff their run game any day of the week bring it!

He's made it pretty clear that he's desperate to win a SB (his words, not mine). He's the only NFLer in his family that doesn't have one, at this point, and he's the oldest. Can't be fun.

This deal will be done by tomorrow night. Call it a hunch... because it is. :)

He's made it pretty clear that he's desperate to win a SB (his words, not mine). He's the only NFLer in his family that doesn't have one, at this point, and he's the oldest. Can't be fun.

Yep. Fred was willing to take a pay cut to stay with the Jags, and they aren't even in contention to make the playoffs. I'm quite sure he'd be willing to do the same for the Patriots.

Taylor visited with the Bills today:

LINK

According to that report he is leaving there and is one his way here this afternoon.

In an unrelated note, the Bills had Kelly Washington in for a visit as well.

When you're trying to find something, it's always in the last place you look. That's where Fred will find his SB ring.

Taylor visited with the Bills today:

LINK

According to that report he is leaving there and is one his way here this afternoon.

In an unrelated note, the Bills had Kelly Washington in for a visit as well.

The only way Taylor signs with the Bills is if the Pats don't want him. As JSN said, if the Pats want him, a deal will be done by tonight. Taylor would be a great addition to the backfield. As I have said before, Taylor still can play and was a victim of a porous passing game and a crappy O-line. Since the Pats already have 3 good backs, your not going to see Taylor rush for 1,000 yards but he will be very effective. If Taylor becomes a Pat and stays healthy, the combo of Morris and Taylor could really wear down defenses.

Last edited:
With the Jags he was due to make 5 mil base with a roster bonus and 6 mil in 2010. I don't think he'll sign a 1 year deal and will want at least 2. I could him looking for 7 to 7.5 mil over two years. Worth it for a 33 year old RB?

With the Jags he was due to make 5 mil base with a roster bonus and 6 mil in 2010. I don't think he'll sign a 1 year deal and will want at least 2. I could him looking for 7 to 7.5 mil over two years. Worth it for a 33 year old RB?

If that's what he's looking for, he ain't getting it here until the Pats trade Cassel--and maybe not even then; there's basically no way to give him $7M/2yr without taking on $3M+ against the cap this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back