PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Moss, Burgess, Guyton, and Thomas sent home Wed after late for 8am meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the reports regarding the traffic because of bad weather is true and tha'ts the reason why they couldn't get there on time, then this is stupid.

What kind of message are you really sending? That you're unreasonable?

BB probably told the players to prepare for bad weather and to account for it.

Now, when you're the QB and you have no sleep the entire night and show up on time, that leaves absolutely no excuse for anyone else.

I think them being sent home was taken out of context. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If the reports regarding the traffic because of bad weather is true and tha'ts the reason why they couldn't get there on time, then this is stupid.

What kind of message are you really sending? That you're unreasonable?

You do know you can find advance weather reports 24/7 in the modern age, right? Weather means traffic and slow driving, so leave earlier than you normally would. And if all but 4 are present, somehow everyone else seems to be cognizant of the wealth of information that would have avoided the whole "being late" problem.

Last edited:
If these guys were sent home for being late today, its bordering on the silly side. With the snow and traffic, sometimes its unavoidable to be a bit late.

They need to go to work early so that they can be there on time.

Between this, the snub that Moss gave Kevin Faulk during the Dolphins game, and the fact that Moss and Brady are not together nearly as much on the sidelines as 2007, I am not getting a good feeling about Moss and his future with the team....

What I meant is, the act of sending these four players home might have the same effect as cutting Gabriel did.

My mistake. Yeah, it will definitely send a message thats for sure. We'll see what happens...

Probably an overreaction of the team to make anything at all of this and, if they really were late because of the weather, it was stupid of the team to send them home. Despite what some people are claiming here, you can't perfectly "adjust" for bad weather, because you don't know what kind of a backup it's going to cause. A small fine would have been more than sufficient, if anything was to be done at all.

Then again, this would be just one more thing in the "bad decision by Belichick" column this year.

Last edited:
I think billy boy was going to send someone home today if the sun was shining and everyone was there on time. he just would have used a different reason. in general, he's going to do what he can to wake this team up. be ready for lots of this until their season is ovaaaahhh

I wouldn't even be suprised to see someone get released at the worst possible time.

Last edited:
It looks like the Patriots may have a little problem. They may have a

few players who don't give a damn. This may be what Tom Brady was

referring to when he mentioned players not trying hard enough. I was

disappointed that Randy Moss was one of the players. I hope he isn't

returning to the dark side.

Just another naive Pats fan. I check out weather.com once in awhile, how about you?

If you're from SoCal, you don't have to check the weather especially around this time of year. 75-80 degrees and sunny all winter long.

Just another naive Pats fan. I check out weather.com once in awhile, how about you?

I'm 20 minutes from Foxboro.. the snow/rain/sleet this morning is just standard New England weather. They had a traffic alert last night warning that morning commute would be slow.

When players start getting sent home from showing thier 'goodies' in the locker room to media women thats when I think problems will lie and become serious issues within the team.

With this thing....Neh,These are professionals,they will get over it and come back to work as usual tomorrow.

I'm 20 minutes from Foxboro.. the snow/rain/sleet this morning is just standard New England weather. They had a traffic alert last night warning that morning commute would be slow.

Then they shouldn't have been sent home. Like Deus said, this was an unnecessary move by BB.

Probably an overreaction of the team to make anything at all of this and, if they really were late because of the weather, it was stupid of the team to send them home. Despite what some people are claiming here, you can't perfectly "adjust" for bad weather, because you don't know what kind of a backup it's going to cause. A small fine would have been more than sufficient, if anything was to be done at all.

Then again, this would be just one more thing in the "bad decision by Belichick" column this year.

LOL Rest my case.

If you're from SoCal, you don't have to check the weather especially around this time of year. 75-80 degrees and sunny all winter long.

I know, sometimes it gets pretty boring out here because the weather rarely changes. It would be nice once in while to have a change in weather. In fact, we're actually expecting rain this week!

LOL Rest my case.

Rest anything you want. Weather slows up traffic. How badly is never known before it happens. If this was done because of the weather (in other words, if the team believed the explanation given by the players), sending them home was stupid. You're removing players from the 'learning' environment of meetings and the like, and putting them out in dangerous weather.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back