Welcome to PatsFans.com

SMY: Fresno State TE Bear Pascoe

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by jmt57, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0

Came across this short column by our old friend Shalise Manza Young on TE Bear Pascoe; just thought I would share for those that may have missed it:

Is he a fit for the Patriots?

Given his versatility, character and work ethic, he certainly would appear to be. Pascoe arrived at Fresno State as a quarterback, but moved to tight end and quickly became a top offensive threat for the team. Coach Pat Hill – a friend of Bill Belichick’s – has called Pascoe the best blocking tight end he’s ever had, and Pascoe also was a terror on special teams.

His agility and strength likely come from his upbringing on a ranch; like current Patriot and former FSU Bulldog Logan Mankins Pascoe is an experienced rodeo roper. link to full column
  2. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

He was so horribly slow in the Shrine game and their bowl game against Colorado State, I just don't see how he helps at anything but blocking.
  3. Revman

Revman Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I like Pascoe for a round 4-5 pick. He brings consistency in blocking game. Reminds me of Kevin Boss -Giants. Pascoe can be a reliable catcher-with all of these other weapons in scheme. He is not fast enough to get deep-but I have not seen the speedy Watson do much in two-three years,

* Keep an eye on Kory Sperry-Colorado State.
  4. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +110 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

The Bear is move the chains TE who has really good hands. He is also a very good blaocker. Very good ST's guy and a long snapper. I had him as a 6th rounder but as we only have a 5th round comp pick, I'd take him there.
    Certainly a Patriots type player in every way.
  5. Seneschal2

Seneschal2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

There's room for him on ST (which he loves), and he blocks like an OT. Wouldn't surprise me if he caught more passes than Dave Thomas (whom I was very high on), even though he's slowwwwww...
  6. klinefan

klinefan Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He had a really nice over the shoulder catch in traffic in the EW shrine game. That has to be worth something.

Not sure if there's room on the team for him though. Maybe if they get rid of Watson or Thomas.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.