PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Fresno State TE Bear Pascoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
Came across this short column by our old friend Shalise Manza Young on TE Bear Pascoe; just thought I would share for those that may have missed it:

Is he a fit for the Patriots?

Given his versatility, character and work ethic, he certainly would appear to be. Pascoe arrived at Fresno State as a quarterback, but moved to tight end and quickly became a top offensive threat for the team. Coach Pat Hill – a friend of Bill Belichick’s – has called Pascoe the best blocking tight end he’s ever had, and Pascoe also was a terror on special teams.

His agility and strength likely come from his upbringing on a ranch; like current Patriot and former FSU Bulldog Logan Mankins Pascoe is an experienced rodeo roper. link to full column

He was so horribly slow in the Shrine game and their bowl game against Colorado State, I just don't see how he helps at anything but blocking.

I like Pascoe for a round 4-5 pick. He brings consistency in blocking game. Reminds me of Kevin Boss -Giants. Pascoe can be a reliable catcher-with all of these other weapons in scheme. He is not fast enough to get deep-but I have not seen the speedy Watson do much in two-three years,

* Keep an eye on Kory Sperry-Colorado State.

The Bear is move the chains TE who has really good hands. He is also a very good blaocker. Very good ST's guy and a long snapper. I had him as a 6th rounder but as we only have a 5th round comp pick, I'd take him there.
Certainly a Patriots type player in every way.

There's room for him on ST (which he loves), and he blocks like an OT. Wouldn't surprise me if he caught more passes than Dave Thomas (whom I was very high on), even though he's slowwwwww...

He had a really nice over the shoulder catch in traffic in the EW shrine game. That has to be worth something.

Not sure if there's room on the team for him though. Maybe if they get rid of Watson or Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back