PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Crable in the doghouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SMY, my apologies for the way some of the posters here have treated you here today. Please don't think that all, or even any real percentage of us, support their actions.

SMY, my apologies for the way some of the posters here have treated you here today. Please don't think that all, or even any real percentage of us, support their actions.

Why should someone be treated differently than any other poster just because they write for a paper? Or is it because she is female and you are riding to her rescue in hopes of an internet date?

dude, you read that link and you're telling me it's not mysterious?

Maroney is done for season
Shoulder injury puts RB on shelf

because yesterday the team put the third-year running back on injured reserve with a shoulder injury, ending his season.

Maroney injured his shoulder against the Jets Sept. 14 and sat out the next week against the Dolphins.

Maroney did not directly answer questions about the shoulder

In his rookie season, Maroney missed two games with what was reported as a rib injury, then had offseason shoulder surgery

You're right, maybe it's his toe.:rolleyes:

Maybe she should apologize to Shawn Crable for putting him on the spotlight, and a negative one at that, based all on what she deduced to be what BB was "really trying to say".

Was this an article or an editorial?

Why should someone be treated differently than any other poster just because they write for a paper? Or is it because she is female and you are riding to her rescue in hopes of an internet date?

An internet date. Now there's an idea.

Last edited:
Maroney is done for season
Shoulder injury puts RB on shelf

You're right, maybe it's his toe.:rolleyes:

oh snap a quote fight...let me get the bold text out on yo' ass.

Although Maroney sat out the 30-10 loss to the Chargers Oct. 12 and had not practiced in preparation for last night's game, the move still came as somewhat of a surprise.

Maroney injured his shoulder against the Jets Sept. 14 and sat out the next week against the Dolphins. He returned following the bye week against the 49ers and practiced Oct. 8 and Oct. 9, when the Patriots were at San Jose State preparing for the Chargers game.

But on Oct. 10, Maroney had an odd question-and-answer session with reporters in which he was asked if the shoulder had hampered him during a disappointing performance against the 49ers, when he had 10 carries for 26 yards and looked tentative.

Maroney did not directly answer questions about the shoulder, but said, "Hey, I have my issues. There are reasons I'd rather not speak about, but there are reasons."

When asked about the shoulder injury during the bye week, Maroney said it was a "little, minor setback."

he was then IR'd after only 3 games.

so, in all your great wisdom I'm sure you can tell me the nature of the injury, as I had originally asked, if it was the same shoulder he had the surgery on, and whether he had surgery to correct this injury.
..............GO!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

and I'll add a :rofl:

oh snap a quote fight...let me get the bold text out on yo' ass.

Although Maroney sat out the 30-10 loss to the Chargers Oct. 12 and had not practiced in preparation for last night's game, the move still came as somewhat of a surprise.

Maroney injured his shoulder against the Jets Sept. 14 and sat out the next week against the Dolphins. He returned following the bye week against the 49ers and practiced Oct. 8 and Oct. 9, when the Patriots were at San Jose State preparing for the Chargers game.

But on Oct. 10, Maroney had an odd question-and-answer session with reporters in which he was asked if the shoulder had hampered him during a disappointing performance against the 49ers, when he had 10 carries for 26 yards and looked tentative.

Maroney did not directly answer questions about the shoulder, but said, "Hey, I have my issues. There are reasons I'd rather not speak about, but there are reasons."

When asked about the shoulder injury during the bye week, Maroney said it was a "little, minor setback."

he was then IR'd after only 3 games.

so, in all your great wisdom I'm sure you can tell me the nature of the injury, as I had originally asked, if it was the same shoulder he had the surgery on, and whether he had surgery to correct this injury.
..............GO!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

and I'll add a :rofl:

He had a shoulder injury, he had previously had shoulder surgery, and he tried to play with it.

I would guess that the mysterious injury is a shoulder, what is your prognosis?

You are easily mystified.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what your major was in college, but people have two shoulders.

I'm still waiting for the nature of the injury and whether it required surgery.

if you don't know any of that then why did you reply?

There was no call for the nonsense that was posted when she was clearly speculating and said so. It's one thing to disagree with her take, but it's another thing entirely to respond the way some of the people here did. Whether you care to admit it or not, she is not the normal poster here, and it has nothing to do with her sex.

Now run along and bray some more.

Last edited:
Maybe she should apologize to Shawn Crable for putting him on the spotlight, and a negative one at that, based all on what she deduced to be what BB was "really trying to say".

Was this an article or an editorial?

It's what she gets paid to do.

I'm not sure what your major was in college, but people have two shoulders.

I'm still waiting for the nature of the injury and whether it required surgery.

if you don't know any of that then why did you reply?

Would I need to have taken anatomy to know that? That still leaves out any body part but the shoulder.

By process of deduction, and careful reading of the text, I have concluded his mysterious injury is almost definitely shoulder related.

Are you expecting me to find and post X-Rays or something?

B.A. Economics and an M.L.S.

Last edited:
That's the thing. She did NOT quote in full. She quoted one sentence of an answer that ran a full 1 minute 20 seconds. The gist of the answer was a positive answer about how much farther along players are in every respect going into their second seasons. Listen for yourself.

Bill Belichick Press Conference - 4/26/2009

Look, I actually agree with your interpretation of what Belichick said- having seen the video, I didn't infer anything negative at all, but rather took 'the player' to mean that he was talking about second-year guys in general, and not just Crable.

That said, you're totally out of line on all of this. Calm the hell down.

It's what she gets paid to do.

Then she doesn't need any apologies from anyone because she should expect this kind of heated debate after writing speculation like this.

1) The freakout that ensued would be unwarranted in any situation.

2) That's especially so because SMY is a credible source whose job is to know a lot about the Patriots. She never presented the speculation as fact, and, even though I don't agree with the interpretation that was given, it pretty obviously wasn't malicious or careless.

Then she doesn't need any apologies from anyone because she should expect this kind of heated debate after writing speculation like this.

Heated debate? Please, it was a bunch of people acting like idiots. And she doesn't get paid to come here and take needless abuse from a bunch of clowns.

Heated debate? Please, it was a bunch of people acting like idiots. And she doesn't get paid to come here and take needless abuse from a bunch of clowns.

Who does? Just because someone is a sports journalist or the freaking pope for that matter it doesn't absolve them of criticism.

If she can't deal with strident posts on a message board she should probably pack up her laptop and go live on an island somewhere. Fortunately she seems perfectly able to deflect or ignore such things, further proof that she doesn't need Knights of the Internet Order riding to her rescue.

Who does? Just because someone is a sports journalist or the freaking pope for that matter it doesn't absolve them of criticism.

If she can't deal with strident posts on a message board she should probably pack up her laptop and go live on an island somewhere. Fortunately she seems perfectly able to deflect or ignore such things, further proof that she doesn't need Knights of the Internet Order riding to her rescue.

Awesome.

Let me just say that, personally, I was disappointed in this article for a number of reasons.

In a sea of crappy, agenda driven, Boston sports writers smy is one who always seems to shoot straight - gets genuine insider stuff early.

My strong reaction is because I felt this article was so out of established character - its the kind of gut instinct, goosip mongering nonsense we have had to read too much as it is.

It clear to me, as it shoud be to everyone that Belichick replied the "the player......." because the question was worded "for a guy like Shawn Crable......'.

The question was phrased in a general fashion - and so was the resultant answer - lets face it - Belichick doesn't need a second invitation to talk in a vague non-disclosing type way, does he?

It seems to me that anyone connected to the Patriots would know that Patriots fans are monitoring the OLB situation closely - that anything written critically in this area will be scrutinised.

As I understand it, smy is perfectly within her rights to write this stuff, but I am also within mine to comment on it.

I thought it was irresponsible gossip-mongering when I first read it, and I still do.

Awesome.

Let me just say that, personally, I was disappointed in this article for a number of reasons.

In a sea of crappy, agenda driven, Boston sports writers smy is one who always seems to shoot straight - gets genuine insider stuff early.

My strong reaction is because I felt this article was so out of established character - its the kind of gut instinct, goosip mongering nonsense we have had to read too much as it is.

It clear to me, as it shoud be to everyone that Belichick replied the "the player......." because the question was worded "for a guy like Shawn Crable......'.

The question was phrased in a general fashion - and so was the resultant answer - lets face it - Belichick doesn't need a second invitation to talk in a vague non-disclosing type way, does he?

It seems to me that anyone connected to the Patriots would know that Patriots fans are monitoring the OLB situation closely - that anything written critically in this area will be scrutinised.

As I understand it, smy is perfectly within her rights to write this stuff, but I am also within mine to comment on it.

I thought it was irresponsible gossip-mongering when I first read it, and I still do.

:agree:

I'm happy you wrote this. Now I don't have to come up with an eloquent reply to this thread anymore! This is exactly how I feel or in Internet lingo "What he said"!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back