Welcome to PatsFans.com

SMY: Crable in the doghouse?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by crowell33, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crowell33

crowell33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/patriots_journal_0426.113f6e32b.html

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
  2. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 2 / -3

Re: Crable in the dog house?

Sounds like Projo is reading way too much into things.
  3. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -0

I listened to the PC and I thought the same thing -- but it might just be BB being cagy as usual, of course.
  4. hwc

hwc Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Wow. What an incredible mis-representation by the ProJo of Belichick's comments during the press conference. Nothing Belichick said even hinted that Crable was "in the dog house".

That's just totally irresponsible reporting by the ProJo. If they have sources, then run the story, but that's just pure fiction.
  5. livinginthe past

livinginthe past Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Reporter: Now Belichick didn't actually say that Crable was a huge disappointment.

But, if he were to say that, then that is a huge blow to the Patriots and their anaemic pass rush.
  6. PatDaPatriot

PatDaPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If Crable were truly in the "dog house," then they would've taken one of the available 3-4 OLB rushers...
  7. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Re: Projo: Crable in the doghouse?

This is the last thing I want to hear right now considering how weak they are at OLB. Seriously, if Crable isn't the guy, they really don't have anybody else. Pierre Woods is a pipe dream.
  8. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -1

Re: Projo: Crable in the doghouse?

This sort of logic is why I'm calling shenanigans. If they absolutely knew they had to address OLB, why wait that long to do it? I refuse to believe that McKenzie was the first OLB they were willing to take.
  9. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0

It isn't the first time I have heard Belichick call a player as "The player". I don't know if neccessarily means that he is in the dog house. Probably means he will have to prove himself until he gets the proper respect by Belichick by calling him by his name. I wouldn't read too much into it.
  10. PatriotDynasty_12

PatriotDynasty_12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

I didn't get the negativity at all other than Belichick was given the opportunity to praise Crable's progress and didn't; it wasn't overtly negative to me.
  12. livinginthe past

livinginthe past Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Reporter: "I don't want to over state the seriousness of these implications, but if Crable is somehow responsible for re-injuring Tom Brady's knee...and that the Patriots and Brady are withholding this information....then it would go a long way to explaining why Crable is in the dog house."
  13. eom

eom Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I don't think belichick has a lot of love for guys who don't contribute, so crable might be on his frosty side right now, but that can all change if the guy puts the work in and plays.
    I would imagine it's a combination of that and maybe a little motivation for crable.

remember that story about belichick and tony gonzalez?
  14. Lampshade

Lampshade Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

That's unbelievable. Seemed clear to me he had gone on to talk about the potential improvements in generic year 1 players.
  15. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

You laugh, but this is EXACTLY what Felger did when Vrabel was traded. he said, there is no evidence that Kraft forced the release of Vrabel because Vrable was critical of the owners money and mentioned Patriot Place, but if that is why Vrabel was cut, it is a terrible thing and I will have lost all respect. Then he and Tanguay went off for five minutes how horrible it would be if Vrabel was cut for speaking out.
  16. Isaac

Isaac Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

SMY--this is terrible reporting! You asked about how you could evaluate a player when he hasn't played, BB said well you have to wait until he gets onto the field but there is plenty to do until then. There was absolutely nothing in this remotely suggesting anything about Crable!

Wow, I thought SMY was above this kind of garbage. I'm disappointed.
  17. smyoung

smyoung Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

For the record, I didn't ask Bill about Crable.

And I've been at every one of his press conferences over the past three-plus years -- it doesn't happen often that he won't mention one of his players by name. It was something I picked up on because of that. If I'm wrong and he's a star pupil, then I will admit that I was wrong. I like Shawn, I think he has overcome great odds to even be where he is, and I know everyone is looking for him to make a contribution this year, but that is how I interpreted BB's comments. In speaking with other reporters, I wasn't the only one who picked up on it.

It's not like I said he was on the verge of being released; I said he might be in the doghouse...

smy
  18. hwc

hwc Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

It truly is despicable reporting. This is exactly why I have stopped reading the mainstream media -- whether it's politics or sports coverage. Just despicable.
  19. livinginthe past

livinginthe past Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

What you did was manufacture a sensationlist headline from some sort of 'gut instinct' or what the rest of us might label 'nothing'.

Whatever gets the clicks though, right?
  20. hwc

hwc Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Yeah, you said it based on absolutely nothing. If you hae a credible source that says Crable is in the doghouse, then name your damned source and write the article like a real journalist. Otherwise, the innuendo is just despicable.

Sorry. I've had it with this irresponsible jounalism. You've just touched off hell for a Patriots player based on NOTHING.
  21. hwc

hwc Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Since you didn't ask Bill about Crable, why on god's green earth would Belichick mention Crable by name? Hmmmmm?
  22. smyoung

smyoung Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Issac -- BB was asked specifically about Crable. He avoided answering about Crable.

And for livinginthe past and the rest of you who read me on any kind of regular basis -- is this the first time you've taken issue with something I've written? Because if it is, I'd like to think that means I'm doing a pretty fair job. If you read me with any kind of regularity, you know I'm never sensationalistic. If you want to paint me as such because you disagree with one thing I've written, I don't know what else I can say. I'm proud of the work that I have done and have always tried to be as balanced in my reporting as possible.

smy
  23. smyoung

smyoung Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What I meant was I wasn't the one that asked the question. The reporter who did ask the question had Crable's name specifically in the question.

smy
  24. hwc

hwc Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I just went back and rewatched that portion of the press conference to make sure I wasn't missing something. I am just stunned that anyone could interprest anything Belichick said as "Crable may be in the doghouse". It was Belichick's standard speech about players being so much farther along going into year two. All of us who listen to all of Belichick's press conferences have heard the same answer verbative at least a dozen time.

I'm stunned. The ProJo owes Crable an apology and a retraction unless there is named source for the slander.
  25. Frezo

Frezo Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

You'll always be fine in my book and your articles have always been enjoyable. There is a lot of sensitivity here that I don't understand.
  26. smyoung

smyoung Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks Frezo :)

To all -- For the record, please believe that if I'm wrong on the suggestion, I will certainly wake up in the morning to either an email or phone call from the Pats telling me I'm wrong in no uncertain terms. I'll let you know if that happens.

smy
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  27. hwc

hwc Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

So, that's what counts for journalism now? Just make stuff up out of whole cloth and wait to see if anyone denies it?

Despicable.

Here's a suggestion. Journalist should go back to actually quoting sources.
  28. Lampshade

Lampshade Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I just did the same.

"For a guy like Crable".

That's a very important "like". Clearly, to me at least, Belichick answered the question by talking about any 1st year player.
  29. Pats67

Pats67 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Jesus, lighten up Francis. This is how you react over a blog post on a third-round draft choice that hasn't played a lick of football yet?

Shalise has always treated the Pats fair and deserves more respect than that, especially when she comes here and tries to explain her POV when she doesn't have to.

Sputtering "despicable" over and over again and crying about the state of media - over THIS post - is the height of juvenile fanboy delirium. Overreact much?
  30. smyoung

smyoung Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

hwc -- I'm not getting into a pissing contest with you. As I said, I am very proud of my record to this point as far as covering the Patriots.

I hope you enjoyed the draft.

smy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.