Status
Not open for further replies.

crowell33

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/patriots_journal_0426.113f6e32b.html

Crable in the dog house?
SHALISE MANZA YOUNG

One of last year’s draft picks, linebacker Shawn Crable, may be in Belichick’s dog house.

Asked about the third-round pick, who did not play a down last year, spending several games on the inactive list before being placed on season-ending injured reserve, and how he might have been evaluated had he been a member of this year’s draft class instead of last spring, Belichick was vague.

“The player at this point in time can prepare himself for when he does get onto the field,” he said, not using Crable’s name.

The Ohio native, who played at Michigan, may not be participating in the offseason program as fervently as the coaches would like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Crable in the dog house?

Sounds like Projo is reading way too much into things.

I listened to the PC and I thought the same thing -- but it might just be BB being cagy as usual, of course.

Wow. What an incredible mis-representation by the ProJo of Belichick's comments during the press conference. Nothing Belichick said even hinted that Crable was "in the dog house".

That's just totally irresponsible reporting by the ProJo. If they have sources, then run the story, but that's just pure fiction.

Reporter: Now Belichick didn't actually say that Crable was a huge disappointment.

But, if he were to say that, then that is a huge blow to the Patriots and their anaemic pass rush.

If Crable were truly in the "dog house," then they would've taken one of the available 3-4 OLB rushers...

Re: Projo: Crable in the doghouse?

This is the last thing I want to hear right now considering how weak they are at OLB. Seriously, if Crable isn't the guy, they really don't have anybody else. Pierre Woods is a pipe dream.

Re: Projo: Crable in the doghouse?

This is the last thing I want to hear right now considering how weak they are at OLB. Seriously, if Crable isn't the guy, they really don't have anybody else. Pierre Woods is a pipe dream.

This sort of logic is why I'm calling shenanigans. If they absolutely knew they had to address OLB, why wait that long to do it? I refuse to believe that McKenzie was the first OLB they were willing to take.

It isn't the first time I have heard Belichick call a player as "The player". I don't know if neccessarily means that he is in the dog house. Probably means he will have to prove himself until he gets the proper respect by Belichick by calling him by his name. I wouldn't read too much into it.

I didn't get the negativity at all other than Belichick was given the opportunity to praise Crable's progress and didn't; it wasn't overtly negative to me.

Reporter: "I don't want to over state the seriousness of these implications, but if Crable is somehow responsible for re-injuring Tom Brady's knee...and that the Patriots and Brady are withholding this information....then it would go a long way to explaining why Crable is in the dog house."

I don't think belichick has a lot of love for guys who don't contribute, so crable might be on his frosty side right now, but that can all change if the guy puts the work in and plays.
I would imagine it's a combination of that and maybe a little motivation for crable.

remember that story about belichick and tony gonzalez?

That's unbelievable. Seemed clear to me he had gone on to talk about the potential improvements in generic year 1 players.

Reporter: "I don't want to over state the seriousness of these implications, but if Crable is somehow responsible for re-injuring Tom Brady's knee...and that the Patriots and Brady are withholding this information....then it would go a long way to explaining why Crable is in the dog house."
You laugh, but this is EXACTLY what Felger did when Vrabel was traded. he said, there is no evidence that Kraft forced the release of Vrabel because Vrable was critical of the owners money and mentioned Patriot Place, but if that is why Vrabel was cut, it is a terrible thing and I will have lost all respect. Then he and Tanguay went off for five minutes how horrible it would be if Vrabel was cut for speaking out.

SMY--this is terrible reporting! You asked about how you could evaluate a player when he hasn't played, BB said well you have to wait until he gets onto the field but there is plenty to do until then. There was absolutely nothing in this remotely suggesting anything about Crable!

Wow, I thought SMY was above this kind of garbage. I'm disappointed.

For the record, I didn't ask Bill about Crable.

And I've been at every one of his press conferences over the past three-plus years -- it doesn't happen often that he won't mention one of his players by name. It was something I picked up on because of that. If I'm wrong and he's a star pupil, then I will admit that I was wrong. I like Shawn, I think he has overcome great odds to even be where he is, and I know everyone is looking for him to make a contribution this year, but that is how I interpreted BB's comments. In speaking with other reporters, I wasn't the only one who picked up on it.

It's not like I said he was on the verge of being released; I said he might be in the doghouse...

smy

SMY--this is terrible reporting!

It truly is despicable reporting. This is exactly why I have stopped reading the mainstream media -- whether it's politics or sports coverage. Just despicable.

For the record, I didn't ask Bill about Crable.

And I've been at every one of his press conferences over the past three-plus years -- it doesn't happen often that he won't mention one of his players by name. It was something I picked up on because of that. If I'm wrong and he's a star pupil, then I will admit that I was wrong. I like Shawn, I think he has overcome great odds to even be where he is, and I know everyone is looking for him to make a contribution this year, but that is how I interpreted BB's comments. In speaking with other reporters, I wasn't the only one who picked up on it.

It's not like I said he was on the verge of being released; I said he might be in the doghouse...

smy

What you did was manufacture a sensationlist headline from some sort of 'gut instinct' or what the rest of us might label 'nothing'.

Whatever gets the clicks though, right?

I said he might be in the doghouse...

Yeah, you said it based on absolutely nothing. If you hae a credible source that says Crable is in the doghouse, then name your damned source and write the article like a real journalist. Otherwise, the innuendo is just despicable.

Sorry. I've had it with this irresponsible jounalism. You've just touched off hell for a Patriots player based on NOTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes