PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Brady broke ribs in preseason, aggravated vs. NYJ in Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
UPDATED Pats-Texans: Brady playing with three broken ribs - Projo Pats Blog

UPDATE: Brady suffered the injury in the preseason game against the Redskins, and re-aggravated it in New York against the Jets in Week 2.

Brady is at least the third QB this season to play with broken ribs - Philadelphia's Donovan McNabb and Seattle's Matt Hasselbeck also did.

With ribs, as long as the player can deal with the discomfort, there really is no course of action that can be taken.

Last edited:
Makes sense

Tom Brady is one tough SOB.

With Brady and Wes the Pats have two of the toughest players in the league at their position. Some people think Brady is a pretty boy...but the guy is tough as nails. Same with Wes

My guess is that it was on that play when Haynesworth hit him, and we all thought it was a shoulder injury.

go look at my posts.. I called the injury during the Jets game :p

of course i knew he was at Mass General that following week..

Last edited:
That is very incredible... did not believe it at first, but the story seems corroraborated.....

Makes much more sense than Casserly's story

go look at my posts.. I called the injury during the Jets game :p

of course i knew he was at Mass General that following week..

I'm sorry for deleting your post when you mentioned that. At the time, it was seemed like dangerous speculation.

FWIW, Bill Simmons reported that Brady had broken ribs weeks ago:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england.../10/301960-simmons-brady-has-broken-ribs.html

Simmons was wrong, Brady didn't break any ribs in that game- if he indeed has any broken ribs it would be from that preseason hit by Haynesworth (which is what I assume since SMY reports it coming from the Redskins game). That is the most likely scenario.

No way Brady jogs to the locker room like that if he got his ribs broken on that sandwich sack.

To me the SMY report appears to be the more sensible one as Brady's long throw has not been there for the duration of this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back