PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMOKING GUN: URSA's PICTURE...What it else showed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: URSA's PICTURE... What it showed

Did you send this to Tomase or Reiss? I know they monitor this board, but the title of this thread may not grab their attention. An e-mail may do the trick.

Yes send it to them. It's gotta be somebody with some seniority on the board though I would think so it carries more weight and is taken seriously. DaBruinz, Pats1, Box, PatsNUTme or somebody.

Note: If I have not mentioned you as a prominent name on this board and you feel slighted I apologize and was just thinking of the guys with seniority.

Last edited:

Unless I am mistaken, any one shooting video on the sidelines is supposed to have a bright orange vest on... The guy in the picture was identified as a JETS EMPLOYEE, not a NY MEDIA EMPLOYEE.

How do we come to the conclusion that it is a Jets employee.

He probably is, but for this to gain legs you guys need to find out his name and who he works for.

I just emailed the hype to Florio -- see if he runs with it, truth or not.

Here's what I wrote:

Hey there,

Long time reader, first time writer.

I'm a Pats fan from MA and here's the local twist on the story. One of the members at patsfans.com posted an image from the game, supposedly identifying the Pats cameraman. The photo is featured prominently here: http://touchdown.org/

However, since its been debunked that the cameraman was actually on the Pats sideline then who is this guy? Is it a Jets employee doing taping?

Despite the fact they're not "stealing signals" with the camera, are the Jets violating EXACTLY the same regulation that the Pats are guilty of?

Per a NFL article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d802456c2&template=with-video&confirm=true

1. Page 105 of the Game Operations manual says: "No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game." It later says: "All video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead."

2. And, a memo from Ray Anderson, NFL head of football operations, to head coaches and GMs on Sept. 6, 2006 said: "Video taping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent’s offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches’ booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game."

Re: SMOKING GUN : URSA's PICTURE... What it else showed

As to why the guy is not pointing the Camera on the Pats coaches when the screen was captured.

Since Brady is clearly on the field, he obviously has a few moments to kill before being needing to turn the camera cross field and tape the Patriots defensive signals.

Last edited:

FYI we know the league already has the pic.

What we don't know is who the guy is or who he works for.

I am sure the league is well aware of who he is and who he works for.

How do we come to the conclusion that it is a Jets employee.

He probaly is, but for this to gain legs you guys need to find out his name and who he works for.

It came out on JetsInsider that the guy is a Jets Employee and he supposedly has received death threats.....

I've sent it to Bill Simmons and Mike Reiss for their input. I am not going to assume any more than I have...If its true, and he is a Jets employee, then Jets are in violation of the rules as well as the Pats. As I said, it was my understanding that the people with the cameras have to have the orange vest on and such.

Here's what I wrote:

Hey there,

Long time reader, first time writer.

I'm a Pats fan from MA and here's the local twist on the story. One of the members at patsfans.com posted an image from the game, supposedly identifying the Pats cameraman. The photo is featured prominently here: http://touchdown.org/

However, since its been debunked that the cameraman was actually on the Pats sideline then who is this guy? Is it a Jets employee doing taping?

Despite the fact they're not "stealing signals" with the camera, are the Jets violating EXACTLY the same regulation that the Pats are guilty of?

Per a NFL article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d802456c2&template=with-video&confirm=true

1. Page 105 of the Game Operations manual says: "No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game." It later says: "All video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead."

2. And, a memo from Ray Anderson, NFL head of football operations, to head coaches and GMs on Sept. 6, 2006 said: "Video taping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent’s offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches’ booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game."

Just sent this to the sports editor of MSNBC
DW Toys

It came out on JetsInsider that the guy is a Jets Employee and he supposedly has received death threats.....

I've sent it to Bill Simmons and Mike Reiss for their input. I am not going to assume any more than I have...If its true, and he is a Jets employee, then Jets are in violation of the rules as well as the Pats. As I said, it was my understanding that the people with the cameras have to have the orange vest on and such.

I missed that thread!

JI is an excellent source. :)

The thing that is good is that the time is clear in the picture so it would be easy to cue up a tape of the game to make sure this was not photoshopped. Patsfans to the rescue! Let's see if anything actually happens....

I want to say that i think you are all doing a great job with this.

More needs to be done. We need to send this pic out to anybody and everybody that will take it.

But how can we be so sure that it isn't photoshopped?

Last edited:

just sent it to Florio....

The thing that is good is that the time is clear in the picture so it would be easy to cue up a tape of the game to make sure this was not photoshopped. Patsfans to the rescue! Let's see if anything actually happens....
I didn't start dvr'ing until early in the second quarter and I could find the guy there too

I didn't start dvr'ing until early in the second quarter and I could find the guy there too

ok well there ya go, it's not photoshopped then.

what a bunch of crap

I have it DVR'ed. I'll check when I get home.

This should be a sticky.

Here are two screenshots of him shooting across the field while the Pats are on D. I also noticed him walking around not shooting anything while the Pats are on O. He is in the top right corner of both pics.

vlcsnap11749757st7.png

vlcsnap11750320vh3.png

I want to say that i think you are all doing a great job with this.

More needs to be done. We need to send this pic out to anybody and everybody that will take it.

But how can we be so sure that it isn't photoshopped?

Got it DVDr'ed. Go to 5:22 in the first. Pat's ball at around the Jet's 20. Brady throws an incomplete pass to Welker on the right side. After that, as Brady is making line adjustments at 5:17 the tv footage starts real close to the players and you can see this guy with a green shirt in the background as the footage pans back to wide screen.

Here are two screenshots of him shooting across the field while the Pats are on D. I also noticed him walking around not shooting anything while the Pats are on O. He is in the top right corner of both pics.

vlcsnap11749757st7.png

vlcsnap11750320vh3.png

I worship you.

vlcsnap11749757st7.png

vlcsnap11750320vh3.png

I'll be damned.

Course it only makes sense. The student learned from the teacher well.

Guys - go wide on this, send it to every media outlet in the country - this ****er Mangina needs to be taken down like Borges was - hes doing the same **** to us!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey