PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Smoke or fire, you make the call: "Dont'a Hightower a top 15 pick" and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This is an interesting short read on some of the players to be drafted this week. But is it information or disinformation? you make the call.

ProFootballWeekly.com - Insider: Hightower has 'special' talent

The following quotes are from NFL executives, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

(Virginia Tech’s Jayron) Hosley is not a bad player, but he has some of the same issues that DeAngelo Hall and Jimmy Williams had. He’s not very smart.

• "(Alabama LB) Dont'a Hightower had a great individual workout for us. We would not take him. He’d play end or "Mike" linebacker for us, and he’s going to be long gone. He’s a top-15 pick. I wish his instincts were better. But anyone who worked him out had to come away very impressed. He can really move for a man his size. He has some ‘special’ traits."

And there's more, but are they being honest or trying to use a smoke screen?

re: Smoke or fire, you make the call: "Dont'a Hightower a top 15 pick" and more

A couple of these are pertinent:

"(Montana’s) Trumaine Johnson might be better than (Morris) Claiborne — and I really like Claiborne’s cover talent. If (Johnson) had run (a 40-time of) 4.51 instead of the 4.6s that he ran at the Combine, he would go in the first (round). He’s 6-1, 210 and he’s really a good athlete. He has 10-20 (range) talent. He’s just a (jerk). He has entitlement issues. He’s not a great worker. … He’s inching up. He might go in the back of the first (round)."

This is why I've never considered him for the Pats. If those comments are right, BB would never draft him (I hope).

• "The more I watch (Notre Dame’s) Harrison (Smith) from Notre Dame, the more I do not think he is a slam dunk at all. I bought in initially, but he cannot catch. He has below-average hands. He can’t tackle in space. He’s just going to be a guy in the league."

Yup. Harrison Smith defines average. He's fine in the late second or third but I really hope we're not spending a first rounder on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back