Welcome to PatsFans.com

Smoke or fire, you make the call: "Dont'a Hightower a top 15 pick" and more

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by PATSNUTme, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +118 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

This is an interesting short read on some of the players to be drafted this week. But is it information or disinformation? you make the call.

ProFootballWeekly.com - Insider: Hightower has 'special' talent

The following quotes are from NFL executives, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

(Virginia Tech’s Jayron) Hosley is not a bad player, but he has some of the same issues that DeAngelo Hall and Jimmy Williams had. He’s not very smart.

• "(Alabama LB) Dont'a Hightower had a great individual workout for us. We would not take him. He’d play end or "Mike" linebacker for us, and he’s going to be long gone. He’s a top-15 pick. I wish his instincts were better. But anyone who worked him out had to come away very impressed. He can really move for a man his size. He has some ‘special’ traits."

And there's more, but are they being honest or trying to use a smoke screen?
  2. manxman2601

manxman2601 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +380 / 7 / -1

#24 Jersey

re: Smoke or fire, you make the call: "Dont'a Hightower a top 15 pick" and more

A couple of these are pertinent:

This is why I've never considered him for the Pats. If those comments are right, BB would never draft him (I hope).

Yup. Harrison Smith defines average. He's fine in the late second or third but I really hope we're not spending a first rounder on him.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.