Welcome to PatsFans.com

Smearing a Judge in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Mar 30, 2011.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

The Union thugs are at it again:

Bench Brawl in Wisconsin - The Editors - National Review Online

So much for civility when the Union has judges to intimidate to vote their way. Prosser can't raise funds for his defense against this slander. The Union is also dragging these kids and their families through the mud.
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +494 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

If it's not true or it's only faintly based on truth, I feel bad for Prosser, I really do.

I'd feel even worse for him if I wasn't already desensitized to all the political- death by innuendo I've already been exposed to by people like Beck, Rush, Breitbart, O'Keefe and The SVPT.

Maybe someone could get Prosser in touch with people like Shirley Sherrod, John Kerry, George Soros and the ACORN people and they could give him some commiseration, a shoulder to cry on and the names of their lawyers.
  3. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +195 / 2 / -2

yet again you accept something at face value because it favors the right, while always having skepticism about anything favoring the left

If it's true, it's unfortunate. It would also make Lee Atwater proud.
  4. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Or James Carville, the Democratic strategic who in 1986 smeared Bill Scranton the weekend before his election for PA Governor vs Robert Casey Sr. He ran an old picture of Scranton from his college days with a beard and looking like a hippie, the infamous 'guru ad'.
    He ran the ad statewide except in Philly and Pittsburgh where it would have been laughed off and it made the difference for Casey.......
    It's part of a long history on both sides of the aisle....
    Pa GOP Insider: New York Times Quote, "Mr. Scranton is a weirdo!"
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  5. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +195 / 2 / -2

bingo

(though I hadn't heard of that one -- that's a particularly poor reflection on the voters, since it didn't even have any real allegations in it)
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +494 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

I was unaware of this one, too. But I'm confused. What was the lie? In the Possner case there seems to be either an outright lie or a highly embellished story being circulated. This just seems to be an undoctored picture and a recounting of a meditation habit and how and where it began.

Unless I'm missing something.
  7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +308 / 3 / -13

It doesn't have to be a lie to be "smear" MrsP. Using the old picture (which has nothing to do with anything) for the intended purpose of projecting a bad image is just wrong and shows a lack of standards. But then again, we should all be used to a lack of moral & ethical standards from our politcians (on both sides of the aisle).

I guess we've all come to expect and accept it...and damn, that's very sad.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +244 / 9 / -26

This is an unintended consequence of electing judges, otoh the system that we are used to in the East is not all that much better..

There is more to the picture than meets the eye... the priest is question was doing kids for more than 30 years...

PolitiFact Wisconsin | Greater Wisconsin Committee says Supreme Court Justice David Prosser mishandled allegation of sex abuse by priest

On the other hand, in 1978 when this allegedly happened the world/legal system was not ready to deal with boys being sexually abused by the clergy, as a long time advocate for victims of sexual abuse.. they could hardly deal with little girls being sexually victimized. Things have changed.

It would seem that there may be a statute of limitations as this occured in 1978, but unfortunately that is the way that all elections are run on both sides of the aisle... and that is why there is little hope of change.
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +244 / 9 / -26

This is not the exclusive venue of the right.. consider Scott Brown's Election.

His campaign smeared Coakley(who was a half azzed candidate anyways) as she opposed the release of "Tookie Amarault". Tookie was the lead actor in the Fells Acres Child Sex Abuse situation, and even though he exhausted every appeal in the court system and none of his victims every recanted their allegations. Somehow Coakley was painted as a bad person for opposing his release from Prison.

Then Brown came out with a book talking about his own victimization?? This WTF moment brought to you by our current political system.

Unfortunately, this his how our political system has descended into a literal shyt fight.. the one with the least damage wins. It is never about the best qualified...
  10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +494 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

She was also vilified for not charging a catholic priest with child abuse and, alternately, vilified for charging a catholic priest with abuse and losing.

American Thinker: Something about Martha

In fact, 13 was one of the first ones here to eager to tell half the story and ignore the rest of her record which showed her to be extremely tough on child molestors, most especially priest child-molestors by jumping on one case and ignoring the rest of her cases.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...nores-rape-23-month-old-girl.html#post1699422
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +244 / 9 / -26

Despite what is written, you missed the local talk shows that demonized Coakley about opposing Tookie Amaraults parole...

That was a huge issue on the major talk outlets in the Boston Area..

But the right will just say that these tactics are the exclusive venue of the right,nothing could be further from the truth...

Anyone remember Nixon and his group of thugs who broke into the Dem offices..