PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Smart Football......

Status
Not open for further replies.

jct

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Ok, we all want and demand revenge against those RATS and next week the Dolphins...
But is that the smartest football move?
Perhaps we can treat it as a bye week for some of the more banged up players...giving them the chance to heal and regain strength.
Seriously we were weakened by the loss of Colvin, so any healing we can do now prior to the playoffs just makes sense. That can be the only and primary goal.

Besides I want to see Chad Jackson and Troy Brown score TDs (setting another record) this weekend.
Your thoughts..............
:eat1: :eat3: :eat2:

Ok, we all want and demand revenge against those RATS and next week the Dolphins...
Perhaps we can treat it as a bye week for some of the more banged up players...giving them the chance to heal and regain strength.
Seriously we were weakened by the loss of Colvin, so any healing we can do now prior to the playoffs just makes sense. That can be the only and primary goal.

Besides I want to see Chad Jackson and Troy Brown score TDs (setting another record) this weekend.
until we clinch home field any talk of resting players is just stupid

The thing is the playoffs are over a month away. Rest is good, but you want the team to be clicking too. You don't push guys, but at the same time sitting them on the bench just for rest doesn't help the team overall. Besides, thats what week 17 can be for, plus the actual bye week.

Tony, is that you?

The Colts did this in '05 and it was one reason they were booted in the first game of the playoffs.

No thank you.

well, with a first round bye and our last game being a Saturday game, that's 15 days off before real action again. That's why i see this team going pretty much full strength throughout the season. Look at the Philly game and Baltimore game, i don't think this team should be on autopilot mode until 4th qtr of the giants game. Too much time off is just that, TOO MUCH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes