SM Young makes a great point

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_pats10_05-10-08_PFA3GL4_v24.36591bd.html

While it is impossible to know what effect, if any, the story had on the Pats’ play in Super Bowl XLII, in which their dream of the league’s first undefeated season sine 1971 was ended by the New York Giants, fans of the team were outraged at the timing of it as well as the implication that the three titles the team has won are in some way tarnished.

I think this deserves exactly the amoung of side-mention Ms. Young gives it.

You can not make excuses, you can not prove that the Pats lost "because" of an off-field issue, etc.

But nobody outside of NE sports really thinks these rounds of baseless bullcrap are anything other than fun and games... while the rest of us have to wonder...

If 18-0 had come in other circumstances, would 19-0 have followed?

The optimists among us can hope that this year it will.

PFnV

You are right. No one can prove it was the cause for the loss. However there is no reason to excuse the lack of journalistic ethics exhibited by the fat slob and his superiors and there should rightfully be a price to pay. Its the responsibilty of the Pats and their fans to exact it and believe me we will.

Last edited:
Quote:
While it is impossible to know what effect, if any, the story had on the Pats’ play in Super Bowl XLII, in which their dream of the league’s first undefeated season sine 1971 was ended by the New York Giants, fans of the team were outraged at the timing of it as well as the implication that the three titles the team has won are in some way tarnished.

1971???? I thought it was 1972.......

Quote:

Yup. An din fact, that Super Bowl was actually played in 1973.
But we knew what he was referring to.

Seems like there's a lot of posts with that title... people are going to have to be more specific when it comes to SMY articles.

Quote:

Good catch...I don't know what I was thinking on that one. My parents were married in '71, so maybe that's how that slipped in there. You'd think after months of hearing about the '72 Dolphins it would be seared on my brain :rolleyes:

And as always, thanks one and all for the support.

If you haven't read the Pompei article, on our site or the Tribune's, I'd recommend it.

smy

btw, found out yesterday I'm headed to NYC for the Goodell-Walsh circus on Tuesday. Can't wait to see what happens and blog (and write) it...I'm ready for this thing to be over, though mostly for selfish reasons.

Yes, it's a great point..and I hope you she will enjoy teh circus...3 rings?? Head clown Roger....

Good catch...I don't know what I was thinking on that one. My parents were married in '71, so maybe that's how that slipped in there. You'd think after months of hearing about the '72 Dolphins it would be seared on my brain :rolleyes:

And as always, thanks one and all for the support.

If you haven't read the Pompei article, on our site or the Tribune's, I'd recommend it.

smy

btw, found out yesterday I'm headed to NYC for the Goodell-Walsh circus on Tuesday. Can't wait to see what happens and blog (and write) it...I'm ready for this thing to be over, though mostly for selfish reasons.

SMY apologized for that error in her blog today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes