Welcome to PatsFans.com

Slightly OT: Peter King's Not Too Bright

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by aluminum seats, Oct 2, 2007.

1. aluminum seats

aluminum seats Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

He somehow manages to contradict himself almost instantly today:

"I want to begin my Tuesday morning by thanking Arizona coach Ken Whisenhunt for debunking the biggest myth in all of football: that you can't replace your starting quarterback for three or four series during a game because you'll ruin his psyche.

"And then I wish to say this to Matt Leinart: Get with the program, kid. You look like a selfish brat otherwise."

In other words, the move is ruining Leinart's psyche. Now granted, I happen to agree that Leinart should suck it up, but that's not the point. Whisenhunt's move clearly didn't "debunk the biggest myth in all of football."
  2. Pat_Nasty

Pat_Nasty Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No contradiction.

Leinart's psyche is fine, it's his pride that's been bruised. Being rotated with Warner may put the young QB's panties in a bunch, but it's not ruining his confidence and thus his ability to play QB.
  3. aluminum seats

aluminum seats Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Disagree. A QB's psyche is made up of a bunch of different things translating to his state-of-mind. Leinart getting his "panties in a bunch" is another way of saying his psyche ain't doing too good.
  4. xmarkd400x

xmarkd400x Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Is it possible that he is very sarcastic, and many readers of this forum choose to believe he is ignorant? Or is it me who is nieve?
  5. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

Maybe it's a myth because Drew Henson rotated with Tom Brady, and we all know that it permanently damaged Tom.
  6. sieglo

sieglo Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Based on this it sounds to me like there's a 50% chance of psychological damage.
  7. Oswlek

Oswlek Rookie

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0

The rotation was really the myth. PM MichiganDave and he'll give you the scoop.
  8. thomas144

thomas144 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 3 / -0

There is no contradiction. The myth is that you can't rotate QBs. It may or may not be a myth that rotating the QBs will damage their psyches.
  9. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

I watched a lot of games with Tom Brady being taken out. It wasn't a myth at all. I'm a Big Ten fan.
  10. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

Nope. Henson was a freshman. Brady was a senior.
  11. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +599 / 20 / -14

This becoming or not becoming an issue depends on the COACH.
    If your QB is not good in certain situations, and you bench him for those situations, his 'psyche' should be that he needs to improve, not that he is allowed to decide on how he judges the way he is being treated.

A good coach uses this as an opportunity for the player to understand and correct his weaknesses. A bad coach allows the player to worry about his 'feelings' and 'respect'.
  12. aluminum seats

aluminum seats Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

No, he said that the myth was you could do it and not ruin their psyches.

Anyway, let it go, trivial stuff.
  13. thomas144

thomas144 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 3 / -0

Huh? You can't possibly think he said that. I think you think he meant more than he said, but not that there is a "myth that you can rotate quarterbacks and not ruin their psyches."

You need to start over. What do you think the myth is and what do you think King thinks was being debunked?
  14. aluminum seats

aluminum seats Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Obviously a typo there--c'mon, read for context.
  15. thomas144

thomas144 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 3 / -0

I was trying to, but it's too confusing.

There was no contradiction in what Peter King wrote. His original sentence was a bit confusing to some readers, evidently.
  16. nowayback

nowayback Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

leinart reminds me of the kid at school who has his parents go to the teachers and beg for a better grade...what a whiner. suck it up man...everyone can see that warner is better. all he can say is he is th qb of the future...well the qb of the past is schooling you on sunday
  17. aluminum seats

aluminum seats Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

No, there was a contradiction.

"I want to begin my Tuesday morning by thanking Arizona coach Ken Whisenhunt for debunking the biggest myth in all of football: that you can't replace your starting quarterback for three or four series during a game because you'll ruin his psyche."

He then goes on to detail how Leinart's complaining/agitated/psyche messed up because of the decision. So the DIDN'T debunk the myth. That's a contradiction.