PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Slater has broken hand

This shouldn't limit him too much. If he's not out there vs. the Bucs, I would expect to see him back with a cast against the Falcons. As an aside, the injuries are piling up... yes. But if there was ever a good time in the season for that to happen, it's the beginning of the season as opposed to the end of it.

What use would his straight line speed be IF he cannot use his hand or hands to Tackle? I smell IR here. I was wrong about Slater I really appreciate his ST's play.

Uh if they ir him he is done for the season. Vereen got the return designation

Saw a report that a "broken bone in hand" virus has swept Pats locker room. Vareen, Slater, Dobson, and Thompkins have all caught it. :rolleyes:

Saw a report that a "broken bone in hand" virus has swept Pats locker room. Vareen, Slater, Dobson, and Thompkins have all caught it. :rolleyes:

At least they caught something. :rimshot:

It's not a comment about just him, but it just seems that there is a lack of strength and/or durability present on this team right now.

Based on your soft-tissue injury comparison survey of all NFL teams, I presume. :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Slater has broken hand

The Patriots must truly have the most inept strength and conditioning coaches in the league. Really embarrassing.

It would appear that this whole team is made of soft tissue. Lol I am tired of losing his to injury.

THE PATRIOTS ARE MADE OF GLASS!!!eleventy!!!!

Asinine statement. It's football, injuries happen.

So you're saying that two players breaking bones in the same area could be coincidence?

I think that the trainers aren't making the players drink enough milk, leading to their bones becoming brittle. I want background checks on these trainers. Are any from the NY area?

By wearing metal plated gloves? :confused:

Injuries happen, one team every year seems to get a ton of them early this year it's the Pats turn.

If it's a broken hand, that is an injury that Matthew can play through, thus I expect him to play at some point sooner rather than later.

rotoeworld

Patriots WR Matt Slater has been diagnosed with a fractured wrist.
Slater doesn't play on offense, but he's the special teams captain. The Patriots have already used their short-term injured reserve spot on Shane Vereen; he has a broken wrist of his own. Slater may be done for the season.

The Patriots must truly have the most inept strength and conditioning coaches in the league. Really embarrassing.

Is there a way that strength and conditioning can prevent a broken bone? I thought that was more about preventing injuries such as muscle pulls, and ligament tears.

rotoeworld

Slater doesn't play on offense, but he's the special teams captain. The Patriots have already used their short-term injured reserve spot on Shane Vereen; he has a broken wrist of his own. Slater may be done for the season.

That seems drastic to me, Slater is a gunner on special teams I think they can likely put a cast on it and throw him out there.

rotoeworld

Considering the crud at the end of the roster I can see them holding a roster spot for this guy.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back