Sky Falling

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
My God, the Patriots opted not to keep a bunch of names I'm familiar with. I do not understand how we'll win in the future now that the names I'm familiar with have departed. Asante Samuel was the heart and soul of our defense. Our running backs are made out of glass. Tom Brady? Overrated. Without Randy Moss he's average. Randy Moss sees the writing on the wall and getting the hell out of dodge. The offensive line is a collection of turnstiles. The D-line? What an overrated bunch. Seymour sucks compared to Wilfork and Warren now that they're playing way better, and they only look like they're playing way better because Seymour sucks now. The linebackers are 489 years old. Adalius Thomas is a bust. We're dumping our secondary into the free market faster than China dumps raw sewage into the Yangtze. We have no plan, the whole team is in disarray, and oh yeah if you didn't notice we didn't win all 19 games last year, the kiss of death.

HEY NEWBIES AND OCCASIONAL OLD HANDS: SHUT THE F UP.

We're 24 hours into free agency. Just step away from the keyboard and remain calm.

PFnV

We're 24 hours into free agency. Just step away from the keyboard and remain calm.

PFnV

rakastaa-jackdaniels.jpg

Don't forget that we, more than any other team in the NFL, should know the following:

All you have to do is get to the playoffs. Once there anything can happen.

In 2001 we went to the Super Bowl as heavy underdogs to the Rams with less talent and won.

In 2004 we didn't really have a secondary and stopped one of the best offenses in NFL history.

In 2006 we went into San Diego, who had a much more talented team, and won.

And finally, with arguably the greatest offense ever against a 6th seed from the NFC... we lost the Super Bowl.

Having Moss on the team wouldn't guarantee anything other than numbers.

Don't forget that we, more than any other team in the NFL, should know the following:

All you have to do is get to the playoffs. Once there anything can happen.

In 2001 we went to the Super Bowl as heavy underdogs to the Rams with less talent and won.

In 2004 we didn't really have a secondary and stopped one of the best offenses in NFL history.

In 2006 we went into San Diego, who had a much more talented team, and won.

And finally, with arguably the greatest offense ever against a 6th seed from the NFC... we lost the Super Bowl.

Having Moss on the team wouldn't guarantee anything other than numbers.

Yup. And Moss hasn't signed anywhere yet. The Patriots should not be paying eagle-money for Asante. We all knew since he was franchised 07 was his last year. Just be happy he didn't sit out or do something crazy. Just be like me laughing at the lack of production he has for the Eagles next year.

Hahahaha, post of the week. Great stuff.

I just hope we have some money around to re-sign Big Vince and Mankins in the next year. I'd be more pissed at losing one of those two than Moss.

My God, the Patriots opted not to keep a bunch of names I'm familiar with. I do not understand how we'll win in the future now that the names I'm familiar with have departed. Asante Samuel was the heart and soul of our defense. Our running backs are made out of glass. Tom Brady? Overrated. Without Randy Moss he's average. Randy Moss sees the writing on the wall and getting the hell out of dodge. The offensive line is a collection of turnstiles. The D-line? What an overrated bunch. Seymour sucks compared to Wilfork and Warren now that they're playing way better, and they only look like they're playing way better because Seymour sucks now. The linebackers are 489 years old. Adalius Thomas is a bust. We're dumping our secondary into the free market faster than China dumps raw sewage into the Yangtze. We have no plan, the whole team is in disarray, and oh yeah if you didn't notice we didn't win all 19 games last year, the kiss of death.
PFnV

WTF? Are you for real? Satire? What's that? :bricks:

WTF? Are you for real? Satire? What's that? :bricks:

GCat, did they surgically remove your funny bone when they made you a mod?

;)

I KID BECAUSE I LOVE!

PFnV

;)

I KID BECAUSE I LOVE!

PFnV

YOU'RE BANNED!!! :mad::mad:

:)p)

Great original post, btw.

We have no plan, the whole team is in disarray...

Of course. This is the annual off-season, early FA, pre-draft period, where message board fans hold their "sky is falling" convention.

Welcome to the 'what have you done for me lately' mentality. :bricks:

Patriots Cut Kyle Brady. Here's another example of an imploding sky. The guy was here one year and possibly retire soon. I'm trying to think of one time this past year where I remember some greatness on his part. Yes, he was a good blocker................. but 7 threads into the post it seemed like he was Tom's brother. Kyle Brady, a notch above a JAG.

Amen. I swear to God it's like some of these people have been following a completely different team than we have this last decade. You're telling me the Patriots haven't earned one ounce of something called "benefit of the doubt" over their recent run of success.

Calm down, people.

Of course. This is the annual off-season, early FA, pre-draft period, where message board fans hold their "sky is falling" convention.

Welcome to the 'what have you done for me lately' mentality. :bricks:

We should have an annual March 1 holiday for it, like Mardi Gras. It kind of fits, the start of free agency, when all the gigantic boobs are on display.

PFnV

YOU'RE BANNED!!! :mad::mad:

:)p)

Great original post, btw.

Okay, so I flubbed it and took you seriously (maybe sorta.) Oh, the irony. Note to myself: When a man's icon is a kitten wearing a hollow lime as a helmet, don't take him seriously.

PFnV

;)

I KID BECAUSE I LOVE!

PFnV

GCat a Mod????? When did that happen???? Couldn't have happened to a nicer fella. My sympathies to Mrs GCat!:D

We should have an annual March 1 holiday for it, like Mardi Gras. It kind of fits, the start of free agency, when all the gigantic boobs are on display.

PFnV

If this were over at Patriots Planet, I'd probably be using a different set of smilies :D, but: :rofl: :rofl:

Samuel will hurt more than you think, he has Peytons number and if any of you think a cheap vet or rookie will hang w Wayne, Harrison, or Gonzo u are crazy. Esp with aging LB's coming off the corner.

Umm, right now, a HS cornerback could probably do a good job hanging with Marvin, don't you think? :D

Sad to say but the thing ill remember Asante most about is the dropped interception.
I think thats why it didnt bother me when he left.
If he caught it i would be saying "the sky is falling"

Again its early yet, Samual was gone when he got his tattoo.. We just got to play it by ear..

PFnV

ah yes, the old sky is falling post. I almost forgot about it. This is a message board, let them post what they want...it is really no big deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes