PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Skip Bayless: 12 reasons the Patriots will finish 12-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love me some Skip the homer. Usually I find his shtick annoying. Crazy thing is, Steven A has been our bandwagon all year as well.

Love me some Skip the homer. Usually I find his shtick annoying. Crazy thing is, Steven A has been our bandwagon all year as well.

Heh, we'll give Skip a pass on picking the Bucs to be a wild card team. :D

But he called it with the Cowboys too. Good for him.

All of you who are amazed by this, look at the record of every team that has a top seed.

skips thinks we beat baltimore!! 32-13
the sage never lets us down. lol

Bayless thinks he's so smart.

skips thinks we beat baltimore!! 32-13
the sage never lets us down. lol

32 is an weird number. 2 TDs and 6 field goals? 3 TDs, 3 FGs and safety?

32 is an weird number. 2 TDs and 6 field goals? 3 TDs, 3 FGs and safety?
C'mon what is so hard...
4 TDs 2 safeties
4 TDs 1 safety, 2 2-pt conversions
3 TDs 2 missed XPs, 2 FGs
Ok, I give up, it is weird.

Let's hope Skip was right on multiple accounts. First he stayed with 12-4 and was right. He also picked a Patriot v Seattle SB with the Patriots winning it.

I tell you what, like him or not, Sea v Pats is very possible. If the Pats win it, damn Skip looks real good....

Good job, me. You defended Skip's 12-4 prediction while the entire forum was mocking him as a delusional troll. Well done.

Hey, thanks.

Skip is a homer. But he uncharacteristically said that TB12 is afraid of T-sizzle on Wednesday's show after TB12 "complemented" Suggs. At any rate, he said the Cowboys would win the NFC east at the beginning of the season when every one said they would suck, and he said the Patriots would go 12-4 after the Monday Night debacle, so he knows the Patriots will easily handle the ratbirds.

I don't understand why people ever doubted this. I always knew the Pats would finish in the 12-14 win range.

Skip is a homer. But he uncharacteristically said that TB12 is afraid of T-sizzle on Wednesday's show after TB12 "complemented" Suggs. At any rate, he said the Cowboys would win the NFC east at the beginning of the season when every one said they would suck, and he said the Patriots would go 12-4 after the Monday Night debacle, so he knows the Patriots will easily handle the ratbirds.

The Patriots went 12-4 the past 3 years. It's impossible to know for certain, but if Denver has a chance to win the #1 seed, we probably don't sit everyone that last week. I'm not saying he didn't get it right, just that even a broken clock is right twice a day.

We all make predictions, and sometimes we're correct. But the beauty of it is that most of our wrong predictions are forgotten, and we are quick to point out when we are correct.

This is no different for talking heads. Nobody wants moderation. Nobody wants balance. Just scream out opinions and once in a while when you're correct, make sure everybody knows.

Yes, Skip predicted the Cowboys would win the division. He also predicted the Redskins would win the NFC East and RG3 will be the division's best QB. Wait, don't the Cowboys play in the same division as the Redskins?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/12/ski...nfc-east-title-forgets-he-picked-the-redskins

He also predicted Tebow would be the next Favre. Oops.

He's made predictions on sports he admitted he doesn't even watch. That's fine if you're a regular Joe but if your entire day job is about sports and you're passing yourself off as a "professional" in the field, maybe you should, I don't know, watch the games???

This isn't just to pick on Skip; he's not alone. Experts in all fields struggle with predictions, not just sports. I don't expect anyone to be able to predict the future.

Why I get annoyed with the Skips of the world is that they believe they can, they love to pump themselves up when they get something right, and ignore the countless times they're wrong. They have irrational confidence in themselves for no reason and they're loud about it.

For those who think anyone is really great at predictions, I'd encourage you to check out this podcast from Freakonomics about the Folly of Prediction. Good summary of why it's foolish and why you shouldn't put much stock into anyone who claims they predicted anything.

http://freakonomics.com/2011/09/14/new-freakonomics-radio-podcast-the-folly-of-prediction/

The Patriots went 12-4 the past 3 years. It's impossible to know for certain, but if Denver has a chance to win the #1 seed, we probably don't sit everyone that last week. I'm not saying he didn't get it right, just that even a broken clock is right twice a day.

We all make predictions, and sometimes we're correct. But the beauty of it is that most of our wrong predictions are forgotten, and we are quick to point out when we are correct.

This is no different for talking heads. Nobody wants moderation. Nobody wants balance. Just scream out opinions and once in a while when you're correct, make sure everybody knows.

Yes, Skip predicted the Cowboys would win the division. He also predicted the Redskins would win the NFC East and RG3 will be the division's best QB. Wait, don't the Cowboys play in the same division as the Redskins?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/12/ski...nfc-east-title-forgets-he-picked-the-redskins

He also predicted Tebow would be the next Favre. Oops.

He's made predictions on sports he admitted he doesn't even watch. That's fine if you're a regular Joe but if your entire day job is about sports and you're passing yourself off as a "professional" in the field, maybe you should, I don't know, watch the games???

This isn't just to pick on Skip; he's not alone. Experts in all fields struggle with predictions, not just sports. I don't expect anyone to be able to predict the future.

Why I get annoyed with the Skips of the world is that they believe they can, they love to pump themselves up when they get something right, and ignore the countless times they're wrong. They have irrational confidence in themselves for no reason and they're loud about it.

For those who think anyone is really great at predictions, I'd encourage you to check out this podcast from Freakonomics about the Folly of Prediction. Good summary of why it's foolish and why you shouldn't put much stock into anyone who claims they predicted anything.

http://freakonomics.com/2011/09/14/new-freakonomics-radio-podcast-the-folly-of-prediction/
Who doesn't know he's a TV personality who gets paid to say things to stir emotions in viewers? He's the president and the founder of the Lebron James Haters club. Is the long essay really necessary? He's been criticized by many other sports journalists who hate first take and the debate format of his program. I said I agreed with his confidence about how the patriots will win and cited some of the things that he's gotten right . You had to write an essay about predictions and give me a ****ty podcast to listen to? Thanks for the lesson tho.

Who doesn't know he's a TV personality who gets paid to say things to stir emotions in viewers? He's the president and the founder of the Lebron James Haters club. Is the long essay really necessary? He's been criticized by many other sports journalists who hate first take and the debate format of his program. I said I agreed with his confidence about how the patriots will win and cited some of the things that he's gotten right . You had to write an essay about predictions and give me a ****ty podcast to listen to? Thanks for the lesson tho.

I don't really see a point in continuing this much further. I'll simply say Bayless doesn't have real opinions, just says the most controversial thing possible to get ratings. To point out when he's right about it is just moronic. At least with some commentators, they truly believe what they say, even when they're wrong. It's an authentic thought and opinion, while there's nothing authentic about anything Bayless says.

And it seems ridiculous to claim he predicted the Cowboys pick while ignoring his Redskins pick. To claim he got it right is just idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes