PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Skip Bayless: 12 reasons the Patriots will finish 12-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Statements like "Belichick will soon be proved right about trading offensive guard and leader Logan Mankins" and "The offensive line won't keep offending fans" are not reasons but his predictions. I would like to know the rationale between those predictions so that I may learn more about football.

Statement #1 can be correct while statement #2 can be wrong.

The OL IS worse without Mankins. The TE situation IS better with Wright.

Plus, getting one of the first three picks of the 4th round won't hurt.

Now, do I agree with Skip Bayless that the Pats are going 12-4 this year? No. But I'd love him to prove me wrong.

No I just can't click on a link to Skip Bayless who represents whats so wrong with ESPN.

Skip Bayless is the only thing that's right with ESPN, he owns

For once, I hope Skip is right.

Apparently, the Patriots are 39-1 in their past 40 when rushing for 100 or more yards.

They are also unbeaten in the past 2.5 years when attempting 30 or more carries in a game.

These 2 stats courtesy of the Pats Beat Podcast from Snowdon and Kane (I believe those are their names--I wasn't previously familiar).

We've got to both establish and stop the run this week to win this game.

Correlation =/= causation, though. There's some reverse causation - if you're running over 30 times a game, you're probably winning to begin with. I agree with your assessment, but I had to make the disclaimer.

Ultimately, what soured Skip on me was the way he dug his heels in about LeBron James after it became obvious that he was the best basketball player in the world today. He's a troll. He makes a living off of being a troll.

Yes and it owns

2011 was Sherman's rookie year. I would hope that Revis was the better shut down corner than Sherman then. Since then, Sherman has been the better corner of the two. Now, how much of that has to do with the way Revis has been used in Tampa and, to date, New England, is up for debate. Further, Skip seems to be going after the way Sherman talks a lot here and gets owned.

Ultimately, what soured Skip on me was the way he dug his heels in about LeBron James after it became obvious that he was the best basketball player in the world today. He's a troll. He makes a living off of being a troll. And this article is next to useless. As I said before, he might as well have just typed "In Bill We Trust".

Well, he was calling out Sherman on claiming he was the best IIRC. Sherman was brand-building with his mouth from the jump. I don't know, I think he's the one that came off looking like an ass in this segment, and not Skip.

I didn't like Skip five years ago when I first started seeing him on ESPN shows. I don't think it was First Take (not sure when that started), but his schtick for being transparently provocative to be devils-advocate was a little much. I don't consider that him anymore. Can't speak to his commentary on other sports, because I don't watch them, but his football break downs are over all pretty in line with Patsfans IMO. Hard to see someone as wrong or trolling when I agree with them.

Everyone else is always picking the Saints and the Packers and just obvious fools gold up and down for their season-long praise fests and Superbowl picks. Who the hell can pick the Saints to go to the Superbowl when everyone knows by now that they can't win on the road?

Every time we're written off early in the season, which is literally EVERY season, Skip tells them why they're wrong, highlighting all the reasons we usually know they are, and every season he and we are right. I think he should get some credit for not being a member of the jealously crowd, and actually going right after it on a regular basis.

The dude was fighting for Brady to get MVP last year (which he should of gotten). Yet no love for Skip. :(

So you think Brady is done?

Look at the team around him then and look at the "team" around him now. Tom is only as good as the line in front of him(as is every QB in this league) this is the worst line he's ever had. He's "done" until whoever is protecting him aren't a soft bunch of quitters who crumble in the face of adversity like last week against Kansas City.

I was embarrassed to see those five wear a Patriots uniform, as was every Patriot great who put their bodies on the line for these colours on a weekly basis over all these years.

Does anyone recall their perspective back in 2003 after the pats lost to the Redskins and were 2-2?

No, but I remember the perspective in 2012 when we started 2-2....

As a matter of fact, we lost games #2 (ARZ in the home opener where Hernandez got hurt) and #3 (at BAL on Sunday night football), so we actually started 1-2, and yes--people were acting like the world was over.

Of course they went on to host the AFC Championship game, so there's that ;)

How did you extrapolate that?

There is a long way from the Brady of 2003 and "done".

You're the one who said he's 11 years older......so is he the same? How is he different now?

Both the offense and defense were coming off of a year of missing the playoffs

So you think Brady is done?

You're the one who said he's 11 years older......so is he the same? How is he different now?

Both the offense and defense were coming off of a year of missing the playoffs

So, in two consecutive posts, you ask me does my post suggest he is either "done" or "the same". Are those the only two options to you?

The world isn't binary. Other colors exist other than just black and white.

Of COURSE he's different now. You believe otherwise? He's 37 years old, has taken a lot of hits over the years and is slowed down. Peyton Manning of today is nowhere near the Peyton Manning of 2003 either. Neither of them hit the long ball as well as they did in the past. Manning throws ducks and Brady's long accuracy is less.

But 80% of the 2003 Tom Brady is still better than most QBs today.

Do you believe a QB at 37 would have no physical diminution from when he was 26?

Evidently, in your mind, the only two options is that he is the "same" as when he was 26 or that he is "done".

Last edited:
Of course he's different now! You believe otherwise? He's 37 years old, has taken a lot of hits over the years and is slowed down. Peyton Manning of today is nowhere near the Peyton Manning of 2003 either. Neither of them hit the long ball as well as they did in the past. Manning throws ducks and Brady's long accuracy is less.

But 80% of the 2003 Tom Brady is still better than most QBs today.

Do you believe a QB at 37 would have no physical diminution from when he was 26?
I think he's perfectly able to execute the 2003 version of this offense

I also think he has diminished to the point where the long ball is not something they should focus on. Whether the online is giving him a chance or not, the long ball requires a qb who is able to take a hit and not affect him on the next play. Brady has been getting rattled for years now. My biggest question is whether that fear has become too great in order for him to be able to consistently go through his progressions the way he used to.

I personally believe he would smart to walk away....he would do so with all his pieces in place. The man has already done enough, and as I see him now, I would say that pursuing one more championship has a higher likelihood of ending badly for him. Go in and tell coach 'I'm done......I can't be effective at what you've put in front of me and I don't want to die'

On the other hand, I think we are going to see tons of no huddle tonight

An endorsement from Skip Bayless is the kiss of death.

I'm sure half the people on this board pay more attention to football in an average week than this ass hat, but his opinion is supposed to count for something? Why not ask Martha Stewart what she thinks? What about Marky Mark? Seriously, why do people post his opinion as if it's worth anything?

Should I start posting opinions from the guys around the water cooler (who also watch more football than Skip)? Or maybe I'll create a new thread whenever the mailman has an opinion on anything football-related.

Looks like they did pretty well tonight.

All I know is Skip is smarter, more on top with everything, and has more football knowledge than most of us combined.

An endorsement from Skip Bayless is the kiss of death.

I'm sure half the people on this board pay more attention to football in an average week than this ass hat, but his opinion is supposed to count for something? Why not ask Martha Stewart what she thinks? What about Marky Mark? Seriously, why do people post his opinion as if it's worth anything?

Should I start posting opinions from the guys around the water cooler (who also watch more football than Skip)? Or maybe I'll create a new thread whenever the mailman has an opinion on anything football-related.

How so? He picks us to go to the Superbowl or deep every year and we do that. He's pretty intelligent, and so he makes the intelligent and safe pick year after year. The Spurs and Pats.

456706226.0_cinema_1050.0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back