PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Skins/Eagles - MNF thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Washington's season was over when it went after not 1, but 2, QBs in the offseason. The team could have bounced back from the wooing of Cutler, because Cutler's overrated enough that teammates would buy the "Well, that's a move you have to make" line. But once the team started looking at Sanchez in the draft as a possibility, there was no recovering from that second undercutting of the QB.

Their season was over the minute they signed Haynesworth.

Why? Because it further constrained them from building any DEPTH on their team.

It's not who has the best 3-4 superstars that determines success over an NFL season.

It's who has the best bottom 15.

Last edited:
Their season was over the minute they signed Haynesworth.

Why? Because it further constrained them from building any DEPTH on their team.

It's not who has the best 3-4 superstars that determines success over an NFL season.

It's who has the best bottom 15.

Ehh.... history has shown that to be incorrect time and again. It's a guideline and a generality, not a truism. Furthermore, teams like New England and Indianapolis have huge amounts of money invested in just one player, yet they find a way to win. Haynesworth is a great player, and he's a great signing if they can keep him motivated.

Last edited:
Ehh.... history has shown that to be incorrect time and again. It's a guideline and a generality, not a truism. Furthermore, teams like New England and Indianapolis have huge amounts of money invested in just one player, yet they find a way to win.

I give you, as example A: Daniel Snyder.

And, no, your example of the New England Patriots is waaayyyy off.

Last edited:
I give you, as example A: Daniel Snyder.

Great, but his being a crappy owner is really not in question here, and it has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

And, no, your example of the New England Patriots is waaayyyy off.

No, it's not. Do you think Brady is working for the veteran minimum and Miguel's 14.6 million dollar cap figure is way off?

No, it's not. Do you think Brady is working for the veteran minimum and Miguel's 14.6 million dollar cap figure is way off?

Who said he's working for vet minimum????

I'm talking about the discrepancies between the 3-4 top paid players on the team and the rest of the team. The Patriots hisorically build the team with a much greater emphasis on having a strong bottom 15 than other teams do.

Does it ever dawn on you why the Redskins are in such trouble???? Know why their OL now is not even 1AA college level?

You can't just build a fantasy team of starters. Injuries happen. Just look at who the Patriots lost in their secondary on the way to destroying the playoff field in 2004.

Did the Patriots tank last year or did they go 11-5 without Brady??? It speaks to DEPTH.

Last edited:
Who said he's working for vet minimum????

I'm talking about the discrepancies between the 3-4 top paid players on the team and the rest of the team. The Patriots hisorically build the team with a much greater emphasis on having a strong bottom 15 than other teams do.

Does it ever dawn on you why the Redskins are in such trouble???? Know why their OL now is not even 1AA college level?

You can't just build a fantasy team of starters. Injuries happen. Just look at who the Patriots lost in their secondary on the way to destroying the playoff field in 2004.

You made an argument specific to one player. I pointed out that your argument was incorrect. You're now trying to change the argument. I'm not going to go there, because it's a waste of time. Brady is getting over $14 million on the cap. Moss is getting more than $9.7 million on the cap. If you want to haggle over the lack of a 3rd player, you go for it. Before you do, though, I suggest you look at the Patriots cap hits for this season. There's a huge drop from Brady to Moss and a huge drop from Moss to the group of Light/Thomas/Green/Seymour.

As for why the Redskins line is "not even 1AA college level", that would be because Jansen got cut after suffering a terrible injury last year, and Samuels has now joined him on the "probably done" list. It's not all that different from the way the Patriots linebacking corps struggled when guys like Thomas and Colvin were getting injured.

You made an argument specific to one player. I pointed out that your argument was incorrect.

Yeah, I'll stand by the point that $100 million dollars to one DLineman screwed up their team-building strategy.

Sound familiar, Deus, or was the 38-0 loss at home by the Raiders to Dirty Sanchez just a minor 'bump in the road' to the guaranteed playoffs by another DL you hoped would get a similar cap-busting deal? Oh, yeah, I fogot, you said that guy who has tractor burns on his body from getting run over at home 38-0 will be THE REASON for failure if the entire Patriots organization does not win the Super Bowl this year.

We get it, Deus. Honestly, message received. You see the world through Danny Snyder's glasses and believe veteran DL's should get sky's the limit percentages of a team's cap.

Enjoy playing fantasy football.

People keep complaining about BB not giving the media a lot. Look at the skins. Who is calling the runningplays who is calling the passing plays. Who is keeping his job . why all this crap is being discussed and divulged in the open with media. ?Until someone asked BB about pees moving the pressbox to call plays did the pats even utter a peep about it ? It seems the skins mgmt is just making decisions to appease the media and the fans and all this just makes it more difficult for the team. Pathetic management of a team

As for why the Redskins line is "not even 1AA college level", that would be because Jansen got cut after suffering a terrible injury last year, and Samuels has now joined him on the "probably done" list. It's not all that different from the way the Patriots linebacking corps struggled when guys like Thomas and Colvin were getting injured.

You can't compare the out of position schmoes the redskins have at OL now to the merely average linebacking corps the Pats had when Thomas and Colvin went down. There was still a Mayo, there was still a Vrabel, there was still a Bruschi. Any ONE of those guys easily is a real professional player compared to the tomato cans the Skins are using at OL now.

Bad comparison.

Yeah, I'll stand by the point that $100 million dollars to one DLineman screwed up their team-building strategy.

Sound familiar, Deus, or was the 38-0 loss at home by the Raiders to Dirty Sanchez just a minor 'bump in the road' to the guaranteed playoffs by another DL you hoped would get a similar cap-busting deal? Oh, yeah, I fogot, you said that guy who has tractor burns on his body from getting run over at home 38-0 will be THE REASON for failure if the entire Patriots organization does not win the Super Bowl this year.

We get it, Deus. Honestly, message received. You see the world through Danny Snyder's glasses and believe veteran DL's should get sky's the limit percentages of a team's cap.

Enjoy playing fantasy football.

You were wrong about the Haynesworth argument based upon money and I showed that. The rest of your post has nothing to do with the topic at hand. It's also not what I've been asserting regarding Seymour, but accuracy is not what you're looking for here anyway, is it?

You can't compare the out of position schmoes the redskins have at OL now to the merely average linebacking corps the Pats had when Thomas and Colvin went down. There was still a Mayo, there was still a Vrabel, there was still a Bruschi. Any ONE of those guys easily is a real professional player compared to the tomato cans the Skins are using at OL now.

Bad comparison.

It's not a bad comparison at all. It's quite apt, actually. Anyone who bothers to think about it for even in instant can figure that out. New England's vaunted "depth" wasn't exactly great at either linebacker or defensive secondary last season.

Last edited:
This Redskins team is in total disarry. If I were them I would hand the ball off more to Portis and Betts.

It's not a bad comparison at all. It's quite apt, actually. Anyone who bothers to think about it for even in instant can figure that out. New England's vaunted "depth" wasn't exactly great at either linebacker or defensive secondary last season.

You compared the linebackers to the Redskins OL.

If you think that last year's Vrabel, Bruschi, Mayo and Guyton (which, admittedly was not that good) is, in any way, a good comparison to the 5 homeless guys manning the Redskins OL now, then God bless ya and keep on smokin', Deus!

Last edited:
You did? How?

Brady, Manning..... I could have pointed to many examples, from many teams. It's really not that difficult to see where you were wrong on that argument.

You compared the linebackers to the Redskins OL.

If you think that last year's Vrabel, Bruschi, Mayo and Guyton (which, admittedly was not that good) is, in any way, a good comparison to the 5 homeless guys manning the Redskins OL now, then God bless ya and keep on smokin', Deus!

Dockery and Rahbach have been starters for years, but don't let that stop you from making this same erroneous claim over and over. The Vrabel and Bruschi you are referring to were being called "done" by many last season. One has since retired and the other was traded away. The Patriots were so hard up for linebacker help that they had to call not one, but two, players out of retirement to finish the season.

But you go ahead and pretend that what's happened to the Redskins offensive line is something that's not happened to areas of the Patriots under Belichick. I'm going to get some sleep.

Dockery and Rahbach have been starters for years, but don't let that stop you from making this same erroneous claim over and over. The Vrabel and Bruschi you are referring to were being called "done" by many last season.

In one sentence you claim Dockery and Rahbach have been starters for years.

Then, in the very next sentence you say that two starters for years on the Pats were being called washed up.

Guess what? The other two guys in the linebacker corps last year was a highly prized (for good reason) 1st rounder and a found gem UDFA who is developing into a solid player.

The tomato cans surrounding the two "starters for years" (who, btw, people down here in DC are calling "washed up" - one of whom hiked the ball from the ground to his mid thigh on the penultimate 4th down and goal play tonite) aren't worth 2 cents.

But, really Deus, please keep us all entertained in defending the team-building style of Snyder/Cerrato. This is great stuff, really.

Last edited:
Zorn was terrible in the post-game press conference, all the commentators at NFL network could say was that they felt bad for him and that he was a really nice guy. I had to agree.

The Redskins need to be banned from national telecasts.

Children are watching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back