PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Skins/Eagles - MNF thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta say, if the Redskins can just get their offensive woes figured out (doubtful), they could be a decent team. Tonight, their turnovers killed them. But they do have a pretty loaded defense. If they could put an offense together to go with it, they would be contending in the NFC East. Alas, they have it on the Eagles' 30 yard line and I'd be willing to bet that they settle for a field goal. Just look at Jim Zorn. He has the look of a man that's about to face the firing squad after the game is over. I actually feel pretty bad for him.

I gotta say, if the Redskins can just get their offensive woes figured out (doubtful), they could be a decent team. Tonight, their turnovers killed them. But they do have a pretty loaded defense. If they could put an offense together to go with it, they would be contending in the NFC East. Alas, they have it on the Eagles' 30 yard line and I'd be willing to bet that they settle for a field goal. Just look at Jim Zorn. He has the look of a man that's about to face the firing squad after the game is over. I actually feel pretty bad for him.

Eh, I was wrong. They punted it.

Just look at Jim Zorn. He has the look of a man that's about to face the firing squad after the game is over. I actually feel pretty bad for him.

I think Zorn, Norv Turner and **** Jauron share the same brain.

I'm still having a hard time understanding what Zorn's role on the team is at this point. That's gotta feel incredibly demeaning for Zorn if all you're doing is standing there for 9 more weeks with a headset and some bingo player is running this supposed NFL team offense. I wouldn't be surprised if Zorn resigns this week.

Last edited:
Their still blowing McNabbs horn ... really what does it accomplish?

I'm still having a hard time understanding what Zorn's role on the team at this point. That's gotta feel incredibly demeaning for Zorn if all you do is stand there for 9 more weeks with a headset and some bingo player is running this supposed NFL team offense. I wouldn't be surprised if Zorn resigns this week.

It's kind of rare for the head coach to call be the primary play caller, no? I mean they have alot of stuff to do, usually the play calling comes from their coordinators and they can override it as they see fit, but usually they're coaching, not play calling.

I'm still having a hard time understanding what Zorn's role on the team is at this point. That's gotta feel incredibly demeaning for Zorn if all you're doing is standing there for 9 more weeks with a headset and some bingo player is running this supposed NFL team offense. I wouldn't be surprised if Zorn resigns this week.

They're basically trying to make him quit so that he can't collect under his contract. It's a transparent move that has nothing at all to do with the product on the field. Zorn has basically said, "If you don't like me, then fire me." It's a question of who blinks first.

Their still blowing McNabbs horn ... really what does it accomplish?

Gruden has been getting on my nerves more and more as the weeks go by for exactly this reason, not just McNabb but going on about Vick tonight, Jaws finally had to tell him it takes awhile to get up to NFL speed.

It's been all of 24 hours since I have seen an offense as pathetic as the Redskins, and at least Johnson was able to show that he can throw at least one great pass a game. That's more than what I have seen Campbell able to show.

Damn, who saw that block, nice one ellis haha

What a team. What a response by the commentators: "and that... summarizes... the Washington Redskins."

They're basically trying to make him quit so that he can't collect under his contract. It's a transparent move that has nothing at all to do with the product on the field. Zorn has basically said, "If you don't like me, then fire me." It's a question of who blinks first.

So then if WASH fires him, he gets paid millions for his 2010 and 2011 contract yrs, but if he resigns he gets nothing?

Last edited:
So then if WASH fires him, he gets paid millions for his 2010 and 2011 seasons, but if he resigns he gets nothing?

Yes and his contract sucked, the owner gets to tell him how to run the team.

damn

this makes u appreciate brady so much, lol

LOL at Jaws: "Campbell ducked under decapitation"

Yes and his contract sucked, the owner gets to tell him how to run the team.

No, his contract is fine.

The owner is trying to save $6 million while submarining his franchise.

The same owner dropped more than that for one year of Deion Sanders at the end of his career.

I hope Zorn stands his ground and calls Snyder's bluff.

And, as someone pointed out, the worst thing about the whole situation is that the job Zorn really wanted from the get go was OC, not HC. . . .

Washington's season was over when it went after not 1, but 2, QBs in the offseason. The team could have bounced back from the wooing of Cutler, because Cutler's overrated enough that teammates would buy the "Well, that's a move you have to make" line. But once the team started looking at Sanchez in the draft as a possibility, there was no recovering from that second undercutting of the QB.

It's been all of 24 hours since I have seen an offense as pathetic as the Redskins, and at least Johnson was able to show that he can throw at least one great pass a game. That's more than what I have seen Campbell able to show.

Campbell is not an NFL caliber QB. Perhaps if he had a pocket passer line in front of him ... nah ... he sucks.

Jim Zorn says he needs to watch the video of the game
... great Jim ... armchair QB'ing is a great coaching tool for the next game Jim ... the next game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye