Six Patriots Downgraded to Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Six Patriots Downgraded to Out
By: Derek Havens

The Patriots have downgraded TE Aaron Hernandez, OLB Jermaine Cunningham, OL Dan Connolly, DE Brandon Deaderick, DL Mike Wright and DL Myron Pryor to OUT for Sunday’s game in Buffalo.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG - not even any sense in us playing the game tomorrow. We're screwed.

Why is Hernandez out? Will he be ready for the playoffs?

Wow 6 downgraded just like that? What gives? Flu?

Well then, with AH out, I hope to see a breakout game from Mr. Edelman. I'd also like me some B TATE.

TE Aaron Hernandez, OLB Jermaine Cunningham, OL Dan Connolly, DE Brandon Deaderick, DL Mike Wright and DL Myron Pryor to OUT for Sunday’s game...

Well, in order of appearance we have a rookie, rookie, 1st year starter, rookie, 2 players who have been hurt.

Looks more like strategy to get some players time off.

Connolly - Concussion
Hernandez - Hip Injury
Cunningham - Calf
Deaderick - Shoulder
Wright - Concussion
Pryor - Back

Flu? No. Some pretty untimely injuries? Yes.

The Good news is that Brace should suit up.

Last edited:
At first glance it appears that BB/Training Staff is not taking any chances, and being more conservative than usual.. while none of these appear to be a "healthy scratch"... if it were an playoff game, this list would be shorter.

I think Belichick is projecting ahead - alot of these guys are obviously nicked up - so instead of running them out there today and potentially worsening an existing injury he is going to leave them out the next two weeks....add on the bye week and they have 3 weeks rest and recuperation.

The defense definitely needs to get healthier up front for the post-season run.

Wow, are we thin in the front seven today. Should be okay against Buffalo, but damn. Some rooks need to step up. I'm okay with AHa resting. Gronk's playing at home today and I bet he has a Monster day.

Definitely a snow game today.

Injuries are really starting to mount for this team...will the national media write laments for the Pats the way they have for Indianapolis and other teams with lots of injuries????? In the words of Dean, the crook from Dean's Home Furniture....."I DOUBT IT!"

Just win today, baby. I absolutely do not want to listen to and read a week of BS from the national and local media...I think a good performance by the defense will calm alot pf people's nerves and will silence some critics. But, if Fitzpatrick and company throw all over the field, convert third downs at 50% rate, the alarms will sound even louder. Can't say I blame people, though. The defense has to show it can get off the field and not rely on turnovers...GO PATS!!!!!

"Just like that" because it's an away game and they didn't make the trip. If this were a home game the same players probably wouldn't play but it wouldn't seem such a big deal since they'd be gameday inactives.

Injuries are really starting to mount for this team...will the national media write laments for the Pats the way they have for Indianapolis and other teams with lots of injuries????? In the words of Dean, the crook from Dean's Home Furniture....."I DOUBT IT!"
All teams are banged up this time of the year, many don't have the luxury of being cautious like we do. Once we got past Warren/Bodden/Kasur I don't think we've been hit uncommonly hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back