PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Six Consecutive Losses for the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most teams lose most of their road games against good teams. This seems like kind of a weird, flukish stat that can happen when you're dealing with a tiny sample size.

Stats are so worthless when time and time and time again, actually watching the games tell a completely different story than the paper the results are printed on.

Peyton Manning set a completion record against Seattle in the Superbowl. What a big time, prime time post season bad ass.

A couple years ago fans were parroting the sports talk contrarians, stating that because the Patriots did not have enough wins against teams with winning records they were doomed. (As already pointed out, that stat doesn't consider what those teams records would have been had they not played the Patriots. Lose to an 8-7 team and it counts against you, but beat an 8-7 team (or 8-6 team twice) and you don't get credit for those victories.)

Now that the 'easy schedule' card is no longer available, that mantra can't be repeated - and yet the Patriots are now once again doomed. A few years ago many were saying that the Patriots would have been better off had they been able to toughen up against better opponents; what happened to that line of thinking?

No, you might be thinking of the 2009 game which was something to that effect, but not exactly.

In 2006, NE was already up 21-3 and was driving for a clinching TD having just gotten a first down on the 18 with a Ben Watson catch. The refs called OPI on Troy Brown when it was actually the defender who initiated the contact by literally jumping right in front of him. NE's drive fizzled out from there.

Later in the game, they called DPI on Hobbs for faceguarding, which hadn't been in he NFL rule book for years. They also allowed Bethea to tackle Reche before the ball entered the screen on the TV. I mean that literally, Bethea had two arms around him and was bringing him to the ground so early that the ball doesn't come into view until after he starts going down. No call. That was a biggie because it would have been a tie game on NE's final drive.

Oddly enough, Bill Polian has yet to chastise the league for it's officiating in that game.

Why are dirtbags like Polian so popular with the NFL media? Warren Sapp is another one. When I hear some of these ass clowns start to talk I can't change the channel fast enough.

We're on the same game. I think the Hobbs call set up the game winner for Indy. That's the call that led to the story that the league sent Hobbs a letter of apology.

I thought the tying TD was scored on the series before that after a phantom PI call down the middle. It was a pretty long pass toward the right hash mark past midfield. I don't remember who it was on or who the WR was, but it was a big call at the time.

Why are dirtbags like Polian so popular with the NFL media? Warren Sapp is another one. When I hear some of these ass clowns start to talk I can't change the channel fast enough.

We're on the same game. I think the Hobbs call set up the game winner for Indy. That's the call that led to the story that the league sent Hobbs a letter of apology.

I thought the tying TD was scored on the series before that after a phantom PI call down the middle. It was a pretty long pass toward the right hash mark past midfield. I don't remember who it was on or who the WR was, but it was a big call at the time.

The Hobbs TD was much earlier in the game. It may have lead to a tie, but it would have been 21-21 or 28-28.

I don't recall the long DPI you are talking about.

Polian is an awful human being. I'm not saying that as a Patri-OTS fan, either. Nearly everyone who worked with him in Indy despised him. Just complete human filth.

This is why they gotta start out with a W on the road VS Indy. Do this and it sets the tone after the bye

They lose and it will be a tough road on the road and tough to get #1 seed

Colts are very beatable and we should win...i hope we do

I still can't comprehend how we lost that Baltimore game, regardless of the refs.

We had the ball 1st and 10 at the Baltimore 45 with 2:30 left.

The OP forgot the loss at Miami last season, that was painful and took us the HFA in the Afc championship game.

In the previous seasons I was not too much worried about that, but last season this team, with a lot of roster chances, rookies, etc...they were lacking toughness to win on the road. This year, after 9 games and still improving I think we have a good chance to win the rest of the regular season games. Green Bay's defense is pure garbage, Detroit are pretenders and San Diego are decimated by injuries. 14-2 it is, Skip Bayless was right.
The Dolphins were 8--8 last year, not a winning record.
Still, when I looked at the schedule in August to make my "prediction" for the season, I thought of the opener in Miami as a possible L. We always seem to have trouble with them down there, no matter how good or bad their team is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes