PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Six Consecutive Losses for the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
2012 @ Seattle- LOSS - Lost by 1, should of honestly won.

I think I remember two absolute BS calls at the end of that game costing us. Also, not sure how many of you got to see that cell phone video from behind the uprights of the Baltimore "field goal", but that field goal was definitely not good.

A lot of people only remember the Seattle/Packer game as the end of the replacement officials but the Baltimore/Patriots game really put it over the edge. Chris Collinsworth was flat out apologizing to the viewers for the phantom PI calls that were killing the Patriots. We would of dominated the Ravens that game. They had like 3 scoring drives sustained purely by BS officiating.

2013 (Playoffs)- @ Denver- LOSS - Injury decimated
2013 @ Carolina- LOSS - Screwed by refs
2013 @ Cincinnati- LOSS - Meh
2012 @ Seattle- LOSS - Lost by 1, should of honestly won.
2012 @ Baltimore- LOSS - Lost by replacement refs calling missed FG good.
2011 @ Pittsburgh- LOSS - Fluke

^Truth

I will forever blame Tavon Wilson for that Seattle loss....

And I still can't believe the refs picked up the flag, on the obvious PI play of Gronk in the end zone. Bogus!

If you are using these stats to say that the Indy game is going to be a loss, let me throw out some more stats to counter it:

7 - The number of interceptions Andrew Luck has thrown vs. the Pats in the two games he has played vs. the Pats so far in his career

4 - The number of TDs Luck has against the Pats in his career

2-0 - The Pats' record vs. the Andrew Luck lead Colts

102-46 - The combined scores of the two games. In 2012, the Pats won 59-24 and in the playoffs last year it was 43-22

On the road against teams with a final winning record. Haven't won one since 2010. Sure, they've beaten teams who have looked good at times, but this stat is meaningful nonetheless. If you factor in that this year's versions of KC and Miami may also finish above .500, it illustrates a major problem (though the Buffalo win was impressive.) This game, not the Denver game, is in my opinion the biggest game of the regular season for the Pats and a chance to finally learn to win in adverse road conditions against playoff teams.

You'll also note that Carolina, Cincinnati, Seattle, and Baltimore were all games that were very winnable and the Patriots were out-executed down the stretch (except Baltimore, a game in which they absolutely should have won, although they still made some mental mistakes.)

2013 (Playoffs)- @ Denver- LOSS
2013 @ Carolina- LOSS
2013 @ Cincinnati- LOSS
2012 @ Seattle- LOSS
2012 @ Baltimore- LOSS
2011 @ Pittsburgh- LOSS
Baltimore game was lost on a Baltimore missed field goal. Anyone else remember the fan seat YouTube video that was up for a few hours...

Winning on the road is TOUGH. Every team has trouble against good teams on the road. The best teams in the league generally win 12-14 games. You lose more often on the road and more often against good teams. It only stands to reason that of those 2-4 losses, the majority will come on the road. Two road losses over 3 seasons is... 6 games. PLUS the playoffs, and this "6 games losing streak" is nothing out of the ordinary. Looking at the best teams since 2012:
Denver:
loss @ ATL
loss @NE
loss @ IN
loss @ NE
loss @ SB to Seahawks
loss @ SEA
loss @ NE

Seatle:
loss @ AR
loss @ STL
loss @ SF
loss @ DET
loss @ MIA
loss @ ATL
loss @ IN
loss @ SF
loss @ SD
loss @ STL

49ers:
loss @ MIN
loss @ STL
loss @ SB to Ravens
loss @SeA
loss @ NO
loss @ SEA
loss @ AZ
loss @ DEN

Ravens 2012:
loss @ HOU
loss @ PHI
loss @ WASH

Show me a team that has had success on the road against good teams...
Using a SB "loss away," is garbage. Neither team is home or away. Sure it might be slightly louder for one offense compared to the other.

I think I remember two absolute BS calls at the end of that game costing us. Also, not sure how many of you got to see that cell phone video from behind the uprights of the Baltimore "field goal", but that field goal was definitely not good.
Obviously didn't read the thread before responding to the op.

A lot of people only remember the Seattle/Packer game as the end of the replacement officials but the Baltimore/Patriots game really put it over the edge. Chris Collinsworth was flat out apologizing to the viewers for the phantom PI calls that were killing the Patriots. We would of dominated the Ravens that game. They had like 3 scoring drives sustained purely by BS officiating.
Wasn't that after the feel good story for their new wr at the time? He scored a td too...

If you are using these stats to say that the Indy game is going to be a loss, let me throw out some more stats to counter it:

7 - The number of interceptions Andrew Luck has thrown vs. the Pats in the two games he has played vs. the Pats so far in his career

4 - The number of TDs Luck has against the Pats in his career

2-0 - The Pats' record vs. the Andrew Luck lead Colts

102-46 - The combined scores of the two games. In 2012, the Pats won 59-24 and in the playoffs last year it was 43-22
Indy at home, lets wait to see which crew is tossing the laundry...

The Indianapolis D is utter garbage. If the game is close, it'll be scored in the 30's to 40's for both teams. Hopefully Browner and Revis show a little Smash Brothers against the Colts receivers.

The Indianapolis D is utter garbage. If the game is close, it'll be scored in the 30's to 40's for both teams. Hopefully Browner and Revis show a little Smash Brothers against the Colts receivers.
Won't happen in Indy. Browner will be flagged early and often. Revis wiki catch a few too. A couple bogus hands to the face against us(both sides of the ball) and we are not stopping that offense.

There will be many more bogus defensive holding calls next weekend. Luckily I won't be able to watch it and lose my mind.

We catch a loss and "the golden goose" is back in the one seed and we are battling a touch schedule for a chance of the two seed after giving up the head to head to Indy and Pittsburgh being right there after being the next team to embarrass ny.

the NFL does not want us to run away with this. Especially with Miami playing well and KC sitting at 5-3 as well...this could quickly turn into 08 redux with a few unfortunate losses.

On the road against teams with a final winning record. Haven't won one since 2010. Sure, they've beaten teams who have looked good at times, but this stat is meaningful nonetheless. If you factor in that this year's versions of KC and Miami may also finish above .500, it illustrates a major problem (though the Buffalo win was impressive.) This game, not the Denver game, is in my opinion the biggest game of the regular season for the Pats and a chance to finally learn to win in adverse road conditions against playoff teams.

You'll also note that Carolina, Cincinnati, Seattle, and Baltimore were all games that were very winnable and the Patriots were out-executed down the stretch (except Baltimore, a game in which they absolutely should have won, although they still made some mental mistakes.)

2013 (Playoffs)- @ Denver- LOSS
2013 @ Carolina- LOSS
2013 @ Cincinnati- LOSS
2012 @ Seattle- LOSS
2012 @ Baltimore- LOSS
2011 @ Pittsburgh- LOSS

Are you a pessimist by nature? Seems you worked hard to come up with this, then closed by noting "LOSS" six times in all caps. (And I was beginning to enjoy bye week still savoring the Denver beatdown.) :confused:

Why do everyone always assume that the refs are going to give the home team the advantage in every game?

Personally, think Belichick is in Luck's head. Luck is a mistake prone QB and Belichick tends to force mistake prone QBs to make mistakes.

Won't happen in Indy. Browner will be flagged early and often. Revis wiki catch a few too. A couple bogus hands to the face against us(both sides of the ball) and we are not stopping that offense.

There will be many more bogus defensive holding calls next weekend. Luckily I won't be able to watch it and lose my mind.

We catch a loss and "the golden goose" is back in the one seed and we are battling a touch schedule for a chance of the two seed after giving up the head to head to Indy and Pittsburgh being right there after being the next team to embarrass ny.

the NFL does not want us to run away with this. Especially with Miami playing well and KC sitting at 5-3 as well...this could quickly turn into 08 redux with a few unfortunate losses.

Are you sure you are not a Jets fan? This is Jets fans logic that the league is out to get their team.

And the Pats have the best record in the AFC and you are predicting that they miss the playoffs. You do realize Brady missed the entire 08 season minus half the first quarter of the first game and the Pats still had 11 wins and missed the playoffs as a fluke where they were the first team in 20 years not to make the playoffs with 11 wins.

Okay, I'll play. The Patriots play three teams with possible winning records on the road in the last seven games of the 2014 season: at the Colts, at the Packers, and at the Chargers. If those are all losses, they end up 11-5.

The Colts after the bye is no gimme, and last year the Pats lost to Carolina in Charlotte after the bye.

The Packers in Green Bay is a big challenge. Elite QB, smart head coach, tough home field. But the Packers have limited weapons that this defense can control.

Chargers in San Diego is the weirdest one to predict. They appear to be in free fall.

My guess is that the Pats win two of those three.

I guess if you want to play the optimist on penalties in Indy, watch the Indy/Iggles game from this year. The refs handed the game to the Iggles on two calls on the final two drives to take the ball from Indy when it was about to put the game away and allowed the Iggles to move the chains with an invisible horse collar call.

Or maybe that the Pats are 5-2 on the road after the bye week under BB, and are looking for payback after getting jobbed in Carolina last year with the non-call on Gronk.

I'm not sure @woolster22. As good as Luck is, he's turning into Peyton Manning 2.0. That bodes well for New England.

I will forever blame Tavon Wilson for that Seattle loss....

And I still can't believe the refs picked up the flag, on the obvious PI play of Gronk in the end zone. Bogus!

They lost that game at the end of the first half, when Brady threw a pick into the Seattle end zone. Tavon Wilson was on the bench at that time.

Substantiates the mantras that:

BB does now know how to draft...
Kraft is cheap....
Patricia is a lousy D coordinator...
DeGugiemo is a lousy line coach....
Brady's body language is something??......;););)

Substantiates the mantras that:

BB does now know how to draft...
Kraft is cheap....
Patricia is a lousy D coordinator...
DeGugiemo is a lousy line coach....
Brady's body language is something??......;););)

How does Josh Boyer not appear on this list anywhere? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back