PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Site performance is poor at best

Status
Not open for further replies.

nummit

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Anyone else having constant problems getting on to this site? Today is the first time I have been able to get a page to load since the end of last week.
I have cleared all cookies etc. but I am still having trouble viweing the site.
Also, 1/2 of the emotiocons are "X" out.
Am I the only one? What else can I do?

I haven't had any of the problems that you are having, but it is SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

It takes me 10-20 seconds to get on the site

The new server is much slower to load. But at least it's loading. *shrug*

Brownfan80 said:
The new server is much slower to load. But at least it's loading. *shrug*

Ditto. At least 10 secs to load. I have a progression of sites I check everyday and I've moved this to last since it takes up so much time.

Yah, I appreciate all the work done to six the old server issues but this new server is WAY too slow for interactive messaging.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Yah, I appreciate all the work done to six the old server issues but this new server is WAY too slow for interactive messaging.

Agree, especially with only 182 logged on. Can't imagine what will happen when we get those 500+ days after big news days!:rolleyes:

Nummit, in case you wern't aware, the site was hacked repeatedly last week by some penis who thinks its funny to keep people from visiting their favorite website. That's why its been slow or non-existent.

Who's to say the hacker's done? The attacks may be continuing and its now a matter of the site being able to withstand the activity without crashing but still running slow.

I should point out that juvenile a-holes who do this sort of stuff feed on people complaining about it. If the site's still under attack and people ignore the results, the idiot will eventually get bored and go irritate someone else.

It could also just be a matter of tweaking to get things back to speed.

nummit said:
Anyone else having constant problems getting on to this site? Today is the first time I have been able to get a page to load since the end of last week.
I have cleared all cookies etc. but I am still having trouble viweing the site.
Also, 1/2 of the emotiocons are "X" out.
Am I the only one? What else can I do?

It's running slow and the images are X'd out because it's calling from them from the old server (which is still not running properly). If you're in a location where the DNS change hasn't gone through yet, since those files aren't available, it's slowing down this page from loading. The DNS has changed in some regions and not in others, and is taking a little longer than normal to propagate. Once it does, we'll be all set, and hopefully it's finished soon so we can finally move on.

Ian

Ian your doing a great job.
I`ts not easy to do what your doing.
95% of us couldn`t handle the work and time your putting
into this.Looking at the other pat sites is like bieng in the minor leagues.

Slow to open and slow or even impossible to open threads..or answer..a FW times I just was unable to..BUT the site IS UP!! And that is the importnat thing!! Ian has done a GREAT job trying to keep up with the knuckleheads who did this...THANK you IAN!!

Pats726 said:
Slow to open and slow or even impossible to open threads..or answer..a FW times I just was unable to..BUT the site IS UP!! And that is the importnat thing!! Ian has done a GREAT job trying to keep up with the knuckleheads who did this...THANK you IAN!!

That's nice of you, however you don't need to thank me......Believe me, I'm really just trying to finally get us to the point where things just work and don't have issues. Once the DNS change goes through and the domain name starts propagating everywhere hopefully we'll be all set. I'm surprised it's taking so long....but thankfully it should be over soon.

Ian

Ian said:
That's nice of you, however you don't need to thank me......Believe me, I'm really just trying to finally get us to the point where things just work and don't have issues. Once the DNS change goes through and the domain name starts propagating everywhere hopefully we'll be all set. I'm surprised it's taking so long....but thankfully it should be over soon.

Ian
As a FIY...it was up quicker a few minutes ago and getting to threads in an dout was quicker than at anytime...so it seems it is kicking in...HOPEFULLY you can rest soon..and going forward..not have these days anymore..

Pats726 said:
It's true that there is one guy, Ian, fighting these a-holes that attack the site. Question is, why do they pick on Patsfans so much?

Yea!!!!!! Now back to normal speeds!!! Thanks Ian, looks like it's finished integrating!!

sdaniels7114 said:
Nummit, in case you wern't aware, the site was hacked repeatedly last week by some penis who thinks its funny to keep people from visiting their favorite website. That's why its been slow or non-existent.

Who's to say the hacker's done? The attacks may be continuing and its now a matter of the site being able to withstand the activity without crashing but still running slow.

I should point out that juvenile a-holes who do this sort of stuff feed on people complaining about it. If the site's still under attack and people ignore the results, the idiot will eventually get bored and go irritate someone else.

It could also just be a matter of tweaking to get things back to speed.

I was not aware of this.
One day I visit the site and all is well, the next three to four days I can't acess the site at all.
Thanks for the update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes