Welcome to PatsFans.com

Site Loading Issues - Anyone having problems?

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by Ian, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 2 / -1

#17 Jersey

I received a couple of reports yesterday and after trying a couple of things I'm just checking to see if anyone is having issues accessing the site. Please reply if it's been a problem for any of you.

Ian
  2. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I get a "the site has encountered a problem and needs to close" message every time I visit the site. I'm lucky if I can stay on for longer than 2 minutes at a time.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2010
  3. Ian

Ratings:
    +203 / 2 / -1

#17 Jersey

Are you talking about the forum, or the main page (ie: http://www.patsfans.com)?
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  4. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It happens when I'm on the forum. Sorry for not clarifying that. That message will come up and the page will close. It attempts to reload itself but rarely does it work. I guess it could be a problem with my browser but this is the only site where that happens. It's been like that for probably 2 months or so.
  5. Ian

Ratings:
    +203 / 2 / -1

#17 Jersey

I haven't been able to duplicate it. What version of Internet Explorer are you running?
  6. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Palm Beach Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#93 Jersey

wih IE8 and Windows XP or Windows 7 I get shutdowns very often and then the browser re-opens the site, then sometimes the browser shuts sown AGAIN and I get an error message saying that IE is unable to reopen the site patsfans.com

the only happens here and (less frequently) at profootballtalk.com
  7. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0

The only thing I notice is that it is noticeably slower to initially load the site (either main page or forum page), but once I'm on it's fine. It's never so bad I give up or anything like that; just takes five or six seconds to load where other sites are about one or two seconds. Using Safari and Mac OS X if that helps. Again, once I'm in it's fine, never a problem with not being able to get on at all (as outlined above), and it's never so bad that it would cause me to give up; it just does seem to initially take a few seconds longer than other sites.
  8. Va_Pats_Fan

Va_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Ian,
    I don't know if its just me, but I find the page hangs on the "feature advertisement" section alot. I usually hang waiting for rubiconproject, or whomever is serving up the ads. I've been looking @ the load times using firebug, and patsfans.com is serving up content quite quickly, usually below 2 seconds.
    Total load time, when it doesn't hang completely is usually in the 1 -2 minute range.
  9. Ian

Ratings:
    +203 / 2 / -1

#17 Jersey

Interesting I'll have to do some more research, but thanks VA_Pats_Fan, that at least narrows it down and helps me isolate where the issue is.
  10. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Rookie

Ratings:
    +63 / 4 / -1

#75 Jersey

Ian, I am having trouble with the draft forum being slow. there is a 10-45 second delay whenever I click on anything. Whether it be to view, reply or quote. Just started happening about 4 days ago. So around the 10th.

Every other forum is instantaneous with no speed or performance issues.