Michael Bishop?

Matt Cassell?

Last edited by a moderator:
Where's Staubach?

MrTibbs said:

Hilarious!

Some of my favorites:

Posted: 4:20 PM, August 02, 2006 by Anonymous
How is it possbile that Tom Brady made the list and Not Peyton Manning. And the arguement of Manning not having a ring is irrelevant due to Marino making the cut.

Posted: 5:22 PM, August 02, 2006 by Anonymous
Tom Brady should not be on this list. Has Tom Brady ever led a big game touchdown drive. All he's ever done is throw dumpoffs against prevent defenses that left the field goal kicker with 40 yd field goals. He's not the clutch performer...the field goal kicker is.

Posted: 5:24 PM, August 02, 2006 by Anonymous
I'll put Tom Brady on my list when he leads a game winning drive resulting in a touchdown and not have to depend on his kicker to hit long field goals!!!

Posted: 4:51 PM, August 02, 2006 by Anonymous
What has Tom Brady done that Troy Aikman didn't? How is he ranked at 4?

Posted: 4:50 PM, August 02, 2006 by Anonymous
Leave Brady and Namath off the list and replace with Favre and Staubach.

Posted: 5:27 PM, August 02, 2006 by c.j. (portland)
there is NO way tom brady belongs in the same class as anyone on that list. ahead of terry bradshaw and bart starr? call me when he's in the huddle calling his own plays with the super bowl on the line (like bradshaw and staubach did against each other in two tight championships). other people mentioned staubach, favre, and manning, but i'd add steve young (a much better athelete, who put up better numbers than even montana), jim kelly (who ran a 2-minute drill all game for years, and would have won that first super bowl if he'd have had the same kicker who bailed brady out twice), fran tarkenton (who made won a ton of games with a lot less to work with), and some old-timers like sammy baugh or sid luckman.
it's so hard to listen to sportswriters drool over this guy. he's a good football player, but there are a lot of good football players who don't get breaks like brady's gotten (remember the tuck rule?). and anyone who doesn't think he's a system quarterback should check the win/loss record before and after charlie weiss left town (2003: 17-2 & sb champ; 2004: 17-2 & sb champ; 2005: 11-7 & divisional loser - and they should have lost to pittsburgh in wk 3 and not made the playoffs, but for that extra minute added to the clock). it's easy to be clutch when you've got a brilliant mind calling your plays for you, a kicker who never misses when it counts (ask peyton about this), and a steady stream of calls that always seem to go your way.

Posted: 8:07 PM, August 02, 2006 by Bob Kurtz
Agreed Tom Brady is out, simply hasn't done it over a long enough period of time.

Replace him with Sammy Baugh who was the premier passer of his era and influenced a great offensive revolution in the NFL.

Last edited:
Doug Flutie???? Ahh does Canadian football count???

Posted: 4:20 PM, August 02, 2006 by Anonymous
How is it possbile that Tom Brady made the list and Not Peyton Manning. And the arguement of Manning not having a ring is irrelevant due to Marino making the cut.
Definitley the funniest comment of all.

Ryan Leaf was clutch. In fact he doubled-clutched quite a bit.

Last edited:
shmessy said:
Ryan Leaf was clutch. In fact he doubled-clutched quite a bit.

Shmessy: one friend of mine (a strong 'Bolts' fan bought Ryan Leaf t-shirt
when SD drafted him)

do you want know where is now the t shirt ?

Two more priceless comments from the peanut gallery- Young was a better QB than Montana, ah yeh, buddy, right. And the guy who lists his top ten clutch QB's by removing Brady and adding, yup, you guessed it, Bernie Kosar!

Last edited:
italianpatthepatriot said:
Shmessy: one friend of mine (a strong 'Bolts' fan bought Ryan Leaf t-shirt
when SD drafted him)

do you want know where is now the t shirt ?

All'interno bidone della spazzatura?

Last edited:
shmessy: you talk very well italian language !

shmessy said:
All'interno bidone della spazzatura?

si: nel bidone della spazzatura. ben detto.

Re: shmessy: you talk very well italian language !

italianpatthepatriot said:
si: nel bidone della spazzatura. ben detto.

Grazie, Patrizio!

Last edited:
Wow, some real idiots over there. Anyone who says Brady does'nt belong on that list is a complete moron. That's all there is to it. There can be absolutely no reasonable argument to exclude him. It would be beyond stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes