PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SI's Bedard Practically Crowns the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yeah??? well, how about a CRIME OF THE FREAKIN' CENTURY .gif ????????????????

now THAT is criminal right there ,Bunky...

joker-face.jpg

I just threw up.

oh yeah??? well, how about a CRIME OF THE FREAKIN' CENTURY .gif ????????????????

now THAT is criminal right there ,Bunky...

joker-face.jpg

You should be banned for 3.5 hours for posting that or be relegated to having to watch the cesspool for the day

Last edited:
Joker!! I'm trying to have some breakfast here, and start my day with a reasonable attitude. WTF is wrong with you!?!? Give us a break here.

You want to throw a parade over this?

Nope! I'm with you guys -- predictions are just guesses, and nobody's right or wrong about the future when it comes to football.

I was just contemplating how no actual positive response is possible here. The options are "meh, he picked the Pats" and "OUTRAGE! He picked someone else!!!" If only the board could hold on to its "meh" for those occasions.

Nope! I'm with you guys -- predictions are just guesses, and nobody's right or wrong about the future when it comes to football.

I was just contemplating how no actual positive response is possible here. The options are "meh, he picked the Pats" and "OUTRAGE! He picked someone else!!!" If only the board could hold on to its "meh" for those occasions.

How's that? :)

????

crown-their-ass-o.gif

It's one of the NFL's all-time best rants, and a golden opportunity to post it was being missed. Posting it has nothing to do with "mediots". It has to do with the fact that the thread title uses the word "crowns".
Seriously. That Dennis Green rant was the first thing I thought of before I opened this thread. I figured I would see it within the first five posts.

The O'Hara non-call borders on the criminal.

It doesn't border on criminal... it is criminal. The official is right there and is literally looking right at O'Hara. I could never fully blame them for not calling "in the grasp" but that holding non-call is inexcusable and atrocious.

It doesn't border on criminal... it is criminal. The official is right there and is literally looking right at O'Hara. I could never fully blame them for not calling "in the grasp" but that holding non-call is inexcusable and atrocious.

Was it the holding or his obvious push from behind on seymour?

Was it the holding or his obvious push from behind on seymour?

It's not only that - - look at the choke hold the LT has an Adalius Thomas at the top of the screen in the overhead replay.

There were THREE penalties on that Giants line on the play - - one against Seymour, one against Jarvis Green and one against AD.

Of the 4 rushing, only Vrabel was legally blocked.

If just one of those obvious penalties were called, for eternity, no one on earth would ever be able to debate the greatest team ever.

That in a nutshell is the trouble with subjective rules calls

finally a completely unbiased take on the Patriots...........

Props to Bedard for seeing things with absolute clarity.

While Mankins has replaced him in the past and would be the expected guy in case of injury, Vollmer and Cannon have also taken plenty of reps at LT in practices.

At the end of the day, I don't think many would argue that Mankins is the most talented of the 3 by far. I'm just stating who else would even be in the mix, that's all.

When Mankins took over last year, Vollmer was on IR. I don't know that it would be that different this year, but we can assume that Vollmer would certainly be in the mix for LT reps, even if he didn't win the job.

I agree, Vollmner would be first up with Cannon at RT and then it would be Mankins if Vollmer went down.

If just one of those obvious penalties were called, for eternity, no one on earth would ever be able to debate the greatest team ever.

Here's a hypothetical: Had the Helmet Catch been incomplete, and Offensive Holding been called,
would you accept the penalty to make it 3rd/15, or decline the penalty to make it 4th/5?

Here's a hypothetical: Had the Helmet Catch been incomplete, and Offensive Holding been called,
would you accept the penalty to make it 3rd/15, or decline the penalty to make it 4th/5?

Wasn't it already 3rd and long as it was? I can't honestly remember, and I've never bothered to re-watch that game, nor will I in the future. For some reason I had it stuck in my head that it was a long distance for the first down conversion.

At any rate, I would think that forcing them into 4th down would be the appropriate decision, particularly in that scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes