PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SI's Bedard Practically Crowns the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but wonder if Solder's spotty play was due to him trying to play through something. He's been a very solid LT for most of his tenure.

He let Orakpo run all over him during practice and again in last week's game. He shouldn't be nursing any injuries at this point before the season even starts.

He let Orakpo run all over him during practice and again in last week's game.
I think many of us would agree that Solder is still trying to improve, and while "good," he still has weaknesses.

That said, Brian Orakpo is one of the nastier OLB/DEs in the entire league and would surely give most LTs fits. There are going to be wins and losses in these matchups, and Orakpo is a pretty decent talent.

He shouldn't be nursing any injuries at this point before the season even starts.

I'm not sure I understand this line of thinking. You're saying that a player cannot be injured during TC/preseason? We see plenty of examples all around the league, sometimes these players are out for the entire year due to injury.

What happened to my Dennis Green gif?

I think many of us would agree that Solder is still trying to improve, and while "good," he still has weaknesses.

That said, Brian Orakpo is one of the nastier OLB/DEs in the entire league and would surely give most LTs fits. There are going to be wins and losses in these matchups, and Orakpo is a pretty decent talent.

I'm not sure I understand this line of thinking. You're saying that a player cannot be injured during TC/preseason? We see plenty of examples all around the league, sometimes these players are out for the entire year due to injury.

no, i was just saying that if he were nursing an injury last year he should be healed up by now.

Lets see. He afterall picked the Steelers to go to the SB last yr.
I never put much into any of these preseason columns (or early season columns, for that matter).
I like Bedard, but his preseason is no different than anyone else. If his preseason predictions are right, he may be more lucky than better than anyone else.
What happened to my Dennis Green gif?

Ah, my beloved PatsFans board! Handed a prediction of Patriot glory, we shrug and say "meh, predictions aren't worth the pixels they're printed on." But when the prediction crowns any other team we erupt in "How can these mediots be so WRONG??!!!"

rock-on-smiley-emoticon.gif

Ah, my beloved PatsFans board! Handed a prediction of Patriot glory, we shrug and say "meh, predictions aren't worth the pixels they're printed on." But when the prediction crowns any other team we erupt in "How can these mediots be so WRONG??!!!"

You want to throw a parade over this?

They are who we thought they were. And we let 'em off the hook!

Patriots Report: Better Than Ever? - With a (relatively) healthy roster including a shiny new shutdown corner, this might be the best Patriots team since 18-1 | MMQB - SI.com

Good stuff throughout - - really worried about what he writes regarding Solder (we've had it discussed here a bit also).

Summation?

"WHAT I THOUGHT WHEN I WALKED OUT OF CAMP
The Patriots are going to the Super Bowl, if not winning it. There are some questions on the offensive line after the retirement of coach Dante Scarnecchia, and strong safety could be a disaster (again). But if things go right for this team, especially with injuries (hello Gronk), the Patriots are stacked on both sides of the ball. Given what they did last season with half a team, they are primed to capture that elusive title a decade after their last."​
You have to play the games on the field. The 18-0 Pats were stacked too and didn't win the SB. The 2010 Pats were 14-2, beat the Jets 45-3 late in the regular season, and then Los to them at home in a playoff game. So it's nice to write good things about the team, but many preseason favorites never win the championship. I am guardedly optimistic.

Sounds about right. "We" are a very dichotomous population around here..

Team A: The Handsomely Hopeful Hyping Homers

vs

Team B: The Defenders of Empirical Truth and Objectivity and Now Get Off My Lawn and Stop Being So Damn Hopeful All the Time Curmudgeons(™)

;)

Disclaimer: I may or may not have let a little of my own personal bias color the labels I chose for the team names

Quick link to help you keep it sorted in your head.

http://www.math.uah.edu/stat/urn/Introduction.html

Last edited:
You have to play the games on the field. The 18-0 Pats were stacked too and didn't win the SB. The 2010 Pats were 14-2, beat the Jets 45-3 late in the regular season, and then Los to them at home in a playoff game. So it's nice to write good things about the team, but many preseason favorites never win the championship. I am guardedly optimistic.

Yeah, I think that's pretty much understood.

????

crown-their-ass-o.gif

It's one of the NFL's all-time best rants, and a golden opportunity to post it was being missed. Posting it has nothing to do with "mediots". It has to do with the fact that the thread title uses the word "crowns".

Haven't won because of Spygate...prima facie evidence right here below...see the cameras holding and blocking the Patriots D linemen from behind?

eli-eludes-topper.jpg

Haven't won because of Spygate...prima facie evidence right here below...see the cameras holding and blocking the Patriots D linemen from behind?

eli-eludes-topper.jpg

The O'Hara non-call borders on the criminal.

oh yeah??? well, how about a CRIME OF THE FREAKIN' CENTURY .gif ????????????????

now THAT is criminal right there ,Bunky...

joker-face.jpg

The O'Hara non-call borders on the criminal.
Whats worst is that they were letting Brady take a **** ton of late hits.

So basically the Giants dline had free reign on late hits, while their oline had free reign to clothesline our dline by the neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back