PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SI's Banks: Pioli excited about KC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
pfffft he was supposed to be excited about cleveland too, and seattle a few years ago, and Belichick was a sure thing to be the giants new head coach in 07. All this speculation is useless

I was referring to the fellow that said anyone who hired Ratgini was a loser. Bill wahizaname Belichick isn't loser, and he did.

That's a good point. But, after Mangini's behavior around Spygate and his overall lackluster performance as HC of the NYJ, I think it's possible to conclude that BB only hired Mangini as a DC who would implement Belichick's (brilliant) schemes, nothing more, nothing less, with BB always pulling the strings from "behind the curtain." That wouldn't make Mangini a good HC and I don't think BB ever said he would be. The old saying is "horses for courses," and Mangini may have put himself on the wrong course.

Last edited:
I was referring to the fellow that said anyone who hired Ratgini was a loser. Bill wahizaname Belichick isn't loser, and he did.

Context is all. BB hired Eric as a junior woodchuck and promoted him.

Hiring Ratgini as a HC, knowing what he did to his mentor and how he performed as a HC reflects loserness.

You are deliberately twisting his words. You know darn well he meant anyone who would hire Mangini post-spygate is a loser.

Besides, there was no Ratgini until Spygate.

Obviously these 'experts' have long played the game of throw out myriad predictions based on rumor and later tout your horn as being 'connected' and 'in the know' where you were blind squirrel correct. Even with fast Internet fact checking, these folks know no shame.

In other words, throw STUFF at the wall and see what sticks is what passes for journalism these days..

John Clayton just reported that yesterdays interview in KC went very well

John Clayton just reported that yesterdays interview in KC went very well

Why wouldn't it? If I was a franchise owner with half a brain and I interviewed Scott Pioli, I'd probably be thinking "hey, that went well, we should try to hire that guy."

Last edited:
Why wouldn't it? If I was a franchise owner with half a brain and I interviewed Scott Pioli, I'd probably be thinking "hey, that went well, we should try to hire that guy."
Agreed. I dont want the Patriots to lose Pioli. But if they do, I would be thrilled if it was here to the Chiefs and I could watch him rebuild them, that would be fun.

Why can't our "graduates" land in the NFC? That would make losing people like Pioli, Cassel and McDaniels much more palatable.

Why can't our "graduates" land in the NFC? That would make losing people like Pioli, Cassel and McDaniels much more palatable.

I don't know - the way the AFC West has been, it's almost like a different (read: minor) league in and of itself.

I had no problems rooting for Cleveland and RAC, not that it did much good.

Edit: NM, was beaten to it. Suffice to say, Banks doesn't have a whole lot of credibility in the predictions department...

Last edited:
Another candidate for KC:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Tampa Bay Bucs Schedule, News and History | Dominik on the radar for the Chiefs GM position

January 05, 2009
Dominik on the radar for the Chiefs GM position

Bucs pro personnel director Mark Dominik is a candidate for the Chiefs general manager position. The talks actually began informally several weeks ago, shortly after Carl Peterson resigned.

Chiefs owner Clark Hunt remembers Dominik when he began his NFL career as a scouting intern in 1994. He was hired the next season by the Bucs for a position in their scouting department and has been promoted steadily through the ranks.

The Chiefs would like to hire a GM before deciding what to do with coach Herm Edwards, who is twisting in the wind with one year remaining on his contract. The hiring of the 37-year-old Dominik may afford Edwards another season to get it right.

But Dominik has to wait his turn. The Chiefs are also interested in Patriots executive Scott Pioli, Colts vice president of football operations Chris Polian and Chargers director of player personnel Jimmy Raye, according to NFL.com.

Dominik's contract is set to expire in May. The 43-year-old Hunt wants to go with a younger GM and Dominik is more than ready to assume those duties with some NFL team. It won't happen in Tampa Bay as long as Jon Gruden and Bruce Allen are in power.

I'm beginning to get the feeling more and more that Pioli will be back w/Pats.

If all these guys are talking to other teams and seem ready to walk, why aren't the Pats talking to anybody? I could see Cesario moving up to Pioli's spot, but is anyone in the pipeline to replace McDaniels? Does BB think his peeps are just window-shopping?

If all these guys are talking to other teams and seem ready to walk, why aren't the Pats talking to anybody? I could see Cesario moving up to Pioli's spot, but is anyone in the pipeline to replace McDaniels? Does BB think his peeps are just window-shopping?

if mcd goes you will hear BB will be calling plays whereas someone will be shadowing just like mcd in his first yr.

If all these guys are talking to other teams and seem ready to walk, why aren't the Pats talking to anybody?
My guess is Belichick is considering his options but . . . surprise . . . not telling us. I keep waiting for him to call me and let me know his plans but he never does :)

My thoughts on this, total speculation of course: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...o-has-belichick-called-page4.html#post1239317

I really don't think either Pioli or McDaniels will leave in the end. We all know about Cleveland and Pioli and I think there will not be enough of a step up, in terms of total control, for Pioli to make the move to KC. The two jobs McDaniels has interviewed for breakdown as follows (yet to do so w/Rams): Cleveland will go w/Magini, Denver will go with Raheem Morris and the Rams will go w/a Devaney guy most likely Spagnuolo or Fassel unless McDaniels blows them away in his interview. Again just educated guesswork on my part. I also don't think this jobs are a right fit for McDaniels either but he could use the interview experience for when the right one does come up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye