PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sirius XM NFL radio at Redskins/Pats practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwc

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
KIrwin and Miller are at Redskins/Pats practice today, recapping on Sirius. I'll try to paraphrase any comments about the Pats. Sorry, I'm not transcribing RG3 talk. :)

Miller: Redskins no-huddle package today, not even close to the Patriots' no-huddle

Kirwin: Best thing the Redskins did was bring in the Patriots to let their team see how the Patriots do it. Everybody here could see the difference. RG3 was paying close attention to the way Brady does it.

Kirwin: Brady calls out one word, just one word, and they instantly go no huddle. No chance the Redskins could adjust.

I hope it wasn't that curse word Brady so loves

Alfred Morrison RB interview

Kirwin: The tempo of that 9 on 7 was faster than anything you've done all summer.

Morrison: I struggled with Pats NT 2-gapping. He was always there.

Kirwin: You can see the Patriots no-huddle. Very effective. How's your no-huddle coming along?

Pierre Garcon was trash talking Browner all day.

Kirwin: He's a wild man!

Miller: They were going at it after practice. We were all laughing...

Kirwin: Ran the ball left a lot against the Pats this morning and they were effective. Redskins' center was effective slowing down Vince. If this were Bill Belichick's team, he'd be putting that big TE on the right side and run some power to the right....

IIRC, Garcon and Browner were going at it A LOT in that 2012 playoff game. Sounds like they picked up right where they left off...

Skins QB Coach: We got to go up against a lot of man coverage....

Kirwin: In 9 on 7 (inside running drill), + 5, +10, +3, +4. Very impressive against Wilfork and the 1s...

Alfred Morrison RB interview

Morrison: I struggled with Pats NT 2-gapping. He was always there.

This makes me Giddy ALMO is a solid back and his pointing out the NT was giving him problems is an excellent sign for where Vince is at!!!!

Edit: But then Kirwans quotes tempers that a bit and the performance in 9 or 7 too....but I guess this reflects on the whole front 7 and possibly the drill itself too as some safety help might be nice.

HWC thanks again for the Sirus Quotes!!!!

Dam I am missing it again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back