PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sirius NFL Radio This Afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaineFB

Rookie
Reaction score
Sirius NFL is a good take for the most part. I'd say they take a very wise look at the Pats and arent into the ESPN drive-by style of garbage.

Carl Banks commented this afternoon that the Corey Dillon was "chubby" and the team was unhappy with that. He also mentioned Troy Brown was not "talking" to anyone in the organization. Now I know Carl loves Bill and they must talk some, but I think this is lazy chatter from past reports. Who knows...

And as a side note- I am thankful the Fish have Culpepper over Brees. I will be shocked if DC doesnt throw us 3 4th quarter picks this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Troy Brown's not talking to anyone? That seems strange. Could Carl have meant Deion Branch?

I thought Corey Dillon's agent said that he was working out like a "mad man'' to prove last season was a "fluke". Oh well, if that is true than Dillon can kiss his starting tail back position good bye cause Laurance Maroney is going to be the real deal!

THEARCHIVES said:
I thought Corey Dillon's agent said that he was working out like a "mad man'' to prove last season was a "fluke". Oh well, if that is true than Dillon can kiss his starting tail back position good bye cause Laurance Maroney is going to be the real deal!

Maybe Banks meant that Dillon was chubby last season...?

Has anyone in the media been allowed into non-mandatory minicamps. We know that Dillion made it to them for this week, but have heard nothing.

I thought he showed up to camp in great shape last year, so I do not know about this being a rumour from last year. :confused:

As for Troy not talking to anyone, why would that be, he got his deal. He still has loads of friends there.

This is just wierd reporting so far.

This doesnt make any sense.

Now if it was last season this would have made much more sense.

But Brown not talking to anyone mow? Why wouldnt he?

Dillon's chubby? If he is then he's losing his spot on the team.

Easy as that.

14thDragon said:
I thought he showed up to camp in great shape last year, so I do not know about this being a rumour from last year. :confused:

Perhaps he put on some lbs during the season after injuring his ankle...

What's the cost on the sirius radio, including the NFL? I will not be able to do
Direct Tv this year, and I imagine my regional broadcast will be da Bears and F'n Indy. So, that seems like the next best thing. Then I believe I can catch some replay games later in the week on NFL Network?

scout said:
What's the cost on the sirius radio, including the NFL? I will not be able to do
Direct Tv this year, and I imagine my regional broadcast will be da Bears and F'n Indy. So, that seems like the next best thing. Then I believe I can catch some replay games later in the week on NFL Network?

I pay about $12 a month which includes everything (Howard, NFL, NHL, music, etc). The receiver costs about $50.

scout said:

Sirius also provides each NFL's team's home and away radio broadcasts - so you can hear Gil and Geno anywhere in the U.S.

I have Sirius and like it a lot - regular terrestrial radio is very, very, bad by comparison....:)

IndyKen said:
Sirius also provides each NFL's team's home and away radio broadcasts - so you can hear Gil and Geno anywhere in the U.S.

I have Sirius and like it a lot - regular terrestrial radio is very, very, bad by comparison....:)
Thats great, when the Patriots are on tv here, I'll mute the sound and listen ala Johnny Most.

I bet Carl Banks is talking to Pepper. Pepper probably told him Corey is pudgy and Branch, not Brown, is incommunicado. I don't care if Dillon is a bit over weight now. He's got three months to work it out. As long as he runs like a wild animal its all good (and I mean a wild boar, not a hedgehog).

Sign up for Sirius with a friend and put both your radios onto one account. That way you can pay only $10/month for the service. ($12.95 for the first radio, $6.95 for additional radios).

Dillon will not be out of shape

I don't think that Corey will come to mini camp next week out of shape. The one thing that I don't understand is all this talk about Maroney taking over for him. First off they are the same team and both will only make the team better. 2nd Maroney has not proved anything in this league and until he does NO ONE knows what is going to happen. Dillon has been through this before the year he left Cincy people said he was done because he only had 500+ yards on an injured year and that Rudy was the future. Bottom line, Dillon and Maroney only make for a solid backfield if Maroney plays like the reason he was drafted. This is my first post and have enjoyed paying attention to this board for a while. Go Pats

SayHayes said:
I don't think that Corey will come to mini camp next week out of shape. The one thing that I don't understand is all this talk about Maroney taking over for him. First off they are the same team and both will only make the team better. 2nd Maroney has not proved anything in this league and until he does NO ONE knows what is going to happen. Dillon has been through this before the year he left Cincy people said he was done because he only had 500+ yards on an injured year and that Rudy was the future. Bottom line, Dillon and Maroney only make for a solid backfield if Maroney plays like the reason he was drafted. This is my first post and have enjoyed paying attention to this board for a while. Go Pats
Agreed. Dillon will still be the man until he proves otherwise, which he hasn't done. Dillon will make a major positive contribution this year IMO.

MaineFB said:
Sirius NFL is a good take for the most part. I'd say they take a very wise look at the Pats and arent into the ESPN drive-by style of garbage.

Carl Banks commented this afternoon that the Corey Dillon was "chubby" and the team was unhappy with that. He also mentioned Troy Brown was not "talking" to anyone in the organization. Now I know Carl loves Bill and they must talk some, but I think this is lazy chatter from past reports. Who knows...

And as a side note- I am thankful the Fish have Culpepper over Brees. I will be shocked if DC doesnt throw us 3 4th quarter picks this year.

Dillon chubby? I thought their was a report that he was busting rump this offseason. What's the freakin' dealio anybody?

Bostonian1962 said:
Dillon chubby? I thought their was a report that he was busting rump this offseason. What's the freakin' dealio anybody?

From today's Globe:

After grueling workouts in Southern California, he'll presumably show up in great shape and declare that he is ready to return to his pre-senior citizenship form of 2004.

I tend to agree that CD will show up in shape and be ready to roll. I don't see how he can. He knows that his replacement has been drafted and it is up to Dillon when the torch will be passed.

SayHayes said:

Welcome Aboard!

I imagine Dillon tried to keep off his feet a month or two so his legs could heal.

I don't think anyone's ever accused him off being out of shape and his production would validate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back