PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sirius NFL Radio - Like or Dislike?

I believe I read on the website they actually give you 3 reciever changes with that plan.

Hmm... I'll have to see if I can find that. That would definitely be a bonus for me. Right now I've been treating my current receiver like it was made of gold just so I wouldn't lose the lifetime warranty.

It's funny that you say that. I love Jerry Rice the football player, but I'd rather chew glass than to listen to him talk. Recently in a 3 minute period I counted him saying "ya know" something like 32 times. It's BIZARRE!

'The ya know, Patriots, ya know, um ya know, really ya know played ya know ya know ya know well in the ya know game.' It's sooooooo hard to listen to.

You have to think somebody could say something to the guy, or perhaps they could give him some speech therapy or somthing.:)

Yea, as much as I liked Jerry the football player, it's hard to be critical of him as the the announcer. But a typical Jerry response to a question goes something like - "Well, you know, ah, ah, he has to step up, and play his game, ah, ah, you know, or else, ah, ah, you know" etc, etc.

I've noticed they have shifted him to the night crew, so they must have noticed it also. In a wierd dream, I've feared that Jerry infects the entire Sirius staff and they all started saying "ah, ah, you know" ...:(

I likey likey. My wife got me the Sirius last year because she would get pissed off when WEEI would come in full of static. I have to admit I really like Sirius, because I'm getting alot of insight on other teams that I would have to surf through the internet to find. The one downside, is that I don't listen to WEEI that much anymore. As a matter of fact, except for football season, I hardly ever listen to EEI.

i will never give one penny to satalite radio.there is plenty of good free radio to listen to .save your money they are going to keep raising the price.

I chose XM cuz it has better reception where I am. Look forward to the XM/Sirius merger so I can hear Sirius's NFL channels.

i will never give one penny to satalite radio.there is plenty of good free radio to listen to .save your money they are going to keep raising the price.

I'll tell ya though, it sure is nice to drive 8 hours back to MA, and to play music with no commercials. Of course, the music is usually music from the Kids Stuff channel, for my 2 year old, but still.........:)

Come to think of it, the only time I listen to the NFL Radio channel is when I'm in the car alone.:)

That's like saying there's no reason to get cable (or satellite TV) because there is plenty of free local channels. Satellite offers a lot more variety, no commercials, and no static or channels layered on top of one another. If someone doesn't want it, no one's making them pay for it. If someone does want it, they'll get it.

For the record, my radio almost never leaves the local college station, because their motto is "We play anything." They do.

You do realize that they just got approval to merge with XM,to create a joint venture that will be able to crush any type of competition if it arises correct????

They are about as stable as it comes.

Yeah, but with that merger it might neccistitate upgrading the reciever technology to be able to recieve signals from the optimal satelite. I am completely unsure who has the better receiver technology, but I would expect a better model to come out after the merger. And if the merger should be struck down by the SC then the company might disappear all together.

As for the NFL channel, it sucks for short drives under an hour because they do have so many commercial breaks during their talk shows. Their commercial breaks seem to take about 5 minutes and the commercials are on the most annoying stupid.

You must never listen to regular radio talk shows because Sirius NFL has far fewer commercials, thank goodness. It's remarkable how few they have, they often last only two minutes (as opposed to the typical 8-10 in regular radio) such that you have to accustom yourself to turning the volume back on quicker. They only do two updates per hour instead of three, which is a major benefit for long-term listening. I worry that they'll eventually extend their commercial time, but for now it's a major positive.

The commercials are annoying, but why are you listening?

Last edited:
That's like saying there's no reason to get cable (or satellite TV) because there is plenty of free local channels. Satellite offers a lot more variety, no commercials, and no static or channels layered on top of one another. If someone doesn't want it, no one's making them pay for it. If someone does want it, they'll get it.

For the record, my radio almost never leaves the local college station, because their motto is "We play anything." They do.
cmon your kidding ?your not really comparing the current tv situation to radio .really nobody is forced to get satellite radio?shocking .:eek:

cmon your kidding ?your not really comparing the current tv situation to radio .really nobody is forced to get satellite radio?shocking .:eek:

Okay, that made no sense. Really, none.

You don't want satellite, nice for you. Other people do, and for $12.95/month they get 100+ channels of a very wide variety, year-round NFL radio, every NFL game, even stuff like Comedy, Old Time Radio and the Playboy Channel for us deviants. For me, it was definitely worth the money, especially during the season.

Explain to me how free radio vs. pay radio isn't the same as free tv vs. pay tv.

Okay, that made no sense. Really, none.

You don't want satellite, nice for you. Other people do, and for $12.95/month they get 100+ channels of a very wide variety, year-round NFL radio, every NFL game, even stuff like Comedy, Old Time Radio and the Playboy Channel for us deviants. For me, it was definitely worth the money, especially during the season.

Explain to me how free radio vs. pay radio isn't the same as free tv vs. pay tv.

Because I want to listen to football talk, and I don't want to listen to Red Sox, red sox, red sox talk all day long. And when you live in southern Maine all you have for sports radio is WEEI, with iffy reception. I'll pay for it. You know, It is sort like this - a ford focus will get you where you are going the same as a Town Car, but the ride in the town car is much nicer. Why not ride in the town car

Because I want to listen to football talk, and I don't want to listen to Red Sox, red sox, red sox talk all day long. And when you live in southern Maine all you have for sports radio is WEEI, with iffy reception. I'll pay for it. You know, It is sort like this - a ford focus will get you where you are going the same as a Town Car, but the ride in the town car is much nicer. Why not ride in the town car

I assume you meant to respond to patriotspride. :D

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back