PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SIRIUS' Best Coach of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
This time the poll is for best coach.

BB is second, to Shula so far.

Vote if you like: http://www.sirius.com/nflgreatest

they 've got to be stuffing the ballot down in miami. first marino, csonka and now shula. they have a combined total of 2 super bowls. BB has been to more super bowls than shula's and marino have won.

Bill's got like 5 Super Bowl rings! Shula????!?? What the F is going on - I mean Lombardi should beat Shula. Something ain't quite right with this - It's hard to embrace this hate in 2008, but I'm going to do it.

Belichick, Noll, Lombardi and Walsh should all be ahead of Shula.

you guys are missing the strange part of this poll. b.b. is 2nd???? im surprised they even allowed him in the poll. remember, everyone thinks we're evil, and he's our leader:rolleyes:

Shula is so far ahead in this poll now it would be impossible for BB to win. Honestly I'm suprised he is in second with the smear campaign going on this off-season.

I guess we have moved on from spygate...!!!!

No one remembers Paul Brown, remember somewhere in some book that he was a major influence on BB...it is too bad that he is forgotten..

Last edited:
You guys are forgetting one thing: Shula actually took a team to a full undefeated season. I think BB, Lombardi, and Noll are all better coaches, but Shula will get the nod for that reason alone (and yes, I know the Dolphins played scrubs in '72).

EDIT: and when it comes to RB, I believe Walter Payton should get the nod over Jim Brown.

Last edited:
You guys are forgetting one thing: Shula actually took a team to a full undefeated season. I think BB, Lombardi, and Noll are all better coaches, but Shula will get the nod for that reason alone (and yes, I know the Dolphins played scrubs in '72).

EDIT: and when it comes to RB, I believe Walter Payton should get the nod over Jim Brown.

no one comes close to Jim Brown, Payton was great, but Jim Brown was beyond belief..

no one comes close to Jim Brown, Payton was great, but Jim Brown was beyond belief..

I wasn't alive in their day so all I know is what I've seen from highlight films. Brown was great (he didn't run away from people, he ran through people) but Payton was utterly graceful in everything he did. It is always a pleasure watching him play. I dunno though. Maybe if I was alive when they were playing, my opinion would be different. Don't get me wrong, I love Jim Brown (not as a person) but I'd take Walter Payton on my team over him any day of the week.

they 've got to be stuffing the ballot down in miami. first marino, csonka and now shula. they have a combined total of 2 super bowls. BB has been to more super bowls than shula's and marino have won.

You're probably right. I bet somebody down in FLA has figured out how to circumvent the system, and vote more than once. There is a way to do that, and I'm guessing somebody in DolphinVille has figured that out.

Yep, probably somebody that calls US cheaters.

You're probably right. I bet somebody down in FLA has figured out how to circumvent the system, and vote more than once. There is a way to do that, and I'm guessing somebody in DolphinVille has figured that out.

Yep, probably somebody that calls US cheaters.

I don't know that it has to be so cynical but there is definitely something skewed about this poll. Lombardi at 9% I doubt it. It might just be something as simple as listners of Sirius being heavier in Miami than say Green Bay.

you guys are missing the strange part of this poll. b.b. is 2nd???? im surprised they even allowed him in the poll. remember, everyone thinks we're evil, and he's our leader:rolleyes:
I couldn't agree with you more. I'm literally shocked that BB is doing as well as he is. While I think he's derserving of more votes than he has, I'm stunned in light of the "lynch mob" mentality of others toward him.

I wasn't alive in their day so all I know is what I've seen from highlight films. Brown was great (he didn't run away from people, he ran through people) but Payton was utterly graceful in everything he did. It is always a pleasure watching him play. I dunno though. Maybe if I was alive when they were playing, my opinion would be different. Don't get me wrong, I love Jim Brown (not as a person) but I'd take Walter Payton on my team over him any day of the week.

Not sure why you would not like him as a person, after a few rough spots has pretty much redeemed himself with the Amer-I-Can program.. one of my lifes highlights was meeting him with BB at a speech he gave at a corrections facility.. he is a very interesting speaker..

Payton was a pleasure, but Jim Brown demolished people in a time that was very black and blue.. most people who followed the game for a long time have never seen anything like him. Brown also walked away from the game at a time when he could have continued, but he did not want to crawl away..

I don't know that it has to be so cynical but there is definitely something skewed about this poll. Lombardi at 9% I doubt it. It might just be something as simple as listners of Sirius being heavier in Miami than say Green Bay.

You might be right! It's now at Shula, 54%, and Lombardi 3%. Makes no sense. I'd prefer to think there is ballot box stuffing going on. :)

BB is catching up to Shula (he's at 37%), so perhaps fellow PatsFanners can give BB a boost.

You might be right! It's now at Shula, 54%, and Lombardi 3%. Makes no sense. I'd prefer to think there is ballot box stuffing going on. :)

BB is catching up to Shula (he's at 37%), so perhaps fellow PatsFanners can give BB a boost.

BB was at 43% when I just looked and Shula 49%.....Bump for more votes....

Looking at the votes, it is clearly not football fans that are voting, or if it is,
they are all under the age of 18. That are some pretty good coaching names
on that poll that have 2% or less that I would take in a heartbeat over
Shula and would not think twice if I had to substitute them for my favorite (BB)! :D

BB was at 43% when I just looked and Shula 49%.....Bump for more votes....

To all my PatsFans.com brothers and sisters, well done so far. BB is now leading Shula!

For those that haven't voted, maybe you can, and we can force our will.

NICELY DONE!

BB 49% and Shula 43%

Voting closes monday

It's 6:07 AM, on June 21st. Last day of voting, I believe. Anyway, BB leads Shula 36% to 31%.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey