PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Singulary Thread For Ben Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.
FreeTedWilliams said:
That is his outstanding University of Georgia education! It is incredible how well the Bulldogs do on the Patriots.

Draft Greg Blue!

Huge play broke the game open, what should have been a punt in a 14-3 game, turns out to be a TD and a 21-3 lead, Turn out the lights, the party's over.....
You are a beautiful man Mr. Watson! What a great play! :)

Coats like?

patsox23 said:
Coates-esque. That WAS a Ben Coates play.

Making the catch and breaking the tackle was Ben C. But outrunning the secondary for fifty yards? BC wouldn't have been able to make a run like that.

I have many recollections of Coats carrying a couple of linebackers on his sholders with a safty attached to an ankle for five yards or so for the first down - but never running like BW!

"Parity?..What parity? We don't need no stinkin Parity "
Go Pats,

glecco

Joker said:
Yeah...but he's nowhere near as good as that All World tight end from the New York Jets, Doug Jolley...in fact NO Patriot players are anywhere near as good as the NY Jets third stringers so we better just count our blessings that we're so lucky to get into the playoffs and win a game 28-3 becuase you know the Jets would have won by double and Jolley would have had five TD's thrown to him by that 63 million dollar superstar QB, Ducks Tossington.
That is funny, are you Jim Carrey.

anyone else see David Givens downfield blocking on this play?

watching it on sportscenter this morning I noticed he was holding the defender, I'm surprised that play wasn't called back because of Givens holding.

kevinolean said:
anyone else see David Givens downfield blocking on this play?

watching it on sportscenter this morning I noticed he was holding the defender, I'm surprised that play wasn't called back because of Givens holding.
look at it this way......since the refs haven't called holding on the Colts all year long, why can't they give other teams a break now?

Broomer said:
look at it this way......since the refs haven't called holding on the Colts all year long, why can't they give other teams a break now?
What are you, working for a living? 391 posts and I haven't seen you harass anyone in ages! Your fornicating the canine (slacking off ;) ) neighbor. :(

I don't know any other TE in the league who could have outrun the secondary. I still think it's quite early to be comparing him to Coates though. Definately a better athlete, may be brilliant brain wise (very high wonderlic score), but there are times where I want to kill the guy. The earlier pass drop that killed a drive, and then the fumble where thank goodness A. Davis was there. Talent wise, you can probably count on one hand the TE's in the league that match his talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey