Welcome to PatsFans.com

Single Parenthood = Child Abuse

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Bill Clinton's mother, Bristol Palin, mother's whose spouses died in Iraq and Afghanistan, myself and millions of nameless, faceless women need to stay the he!! out of Wisconsin.

State senator Glenn Grothman has introduced Senate Bill 507, which would formally consider single parenthood a contributing factor to child abuse.

Section 1. 48.982 (2) (g) 2. of the statutes is amended to read: 48.982 (2) (g) 2. Promote statewide educational and public awareness campaigns and materials for the purpose of developing public awareness of the problems of child abuse and neglect. In promoting those campaigns and materials, the board shall emphasize nonmarital parenthood as a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect.

Section 2. 48.982 (2) (g) 4. of the statutes is amended to read:
    48.982 (2) (g) 4. Disseminate information about the problems of and methods of preventing child abuse and neglect to the public and to organizations concerned with those problems. In disseminating that information, the board shall emphasize nonmarital parenthood as a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect.

Glenn Grothman, Wisconsin Senator, Proposes Law That Declares Single Parenthood Child Abuse

I have to wonder - is it just the custodial parent who's considered at fault here or will the walk-away/dead parent be equally guilty?
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

Yea I saw that, all of this stuff disgusts me, and when will some form of decency once again rule our decision makers..

These are the folks who rant and rail about how government intrudes on our lives, however continually try to impose laws on stuff that is not needed....
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

I don't think he's talking about "widows" I think we all know who he's talking about, he's talking about women who get knocked up and they can't even rember who knocked them up, the result, Child Abuse, the kid grows up not even even knowing who his father was.

The big citys a are full of them.

I'm a realist, nobody agrees with me especially "liberals" my family is loaded with them, they believe if you don't want to get Mugged at night you should stay home, it never enters their mind that the criminal who is going to mug you sould be locked up so you can go out and not get mugged.

Let Gongo have the ball kids, he comes from Tibet.
  4. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +181 / 2 / -2

I think we all know who you're talking about, and it's just more of the same.

Clearly neither he nor you are talking about white, Christian widows and widowers -- they're just good folk trying their best to raise their kids. It's "the other"...

Just more of the same...
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Well then, that's what he needs to say, isn't it?

What does "nonmarital parenthood" even mean, fer god's sake? Sometimes people live together without being married - in which case, a child has both parents present. Sometimes people marry or remarry after their children are born. Stepparents actually are a big percentage of convicted child abusers - but hey, that beat-up kid's not a product of "nonmarital parentood." is he? Or is he?

Should we just hand out child abuse convictions on the delivery table to every non-wed woman who gives birth? Or just the ones who don't look like us? Or just the ones who refuse to name the father?

What about the ones who DO name the father? Knowing his name, even having his support and blessing isn't going to grant a woman (or a man) "marital parenthood" status.

What about rape victims? Not bad enough that they got raped, now their little "gift from God" is going to get them arrested for potential child abuse?

Do custodial parents who have court orders forbidding the non-custodial parent visitation rights due to physical/sexual/mental abuse of the child - are they now the ones guilty of child abuse for keeping their child safe from their original abuser?

Get real, Harry. Get over your hate and realize there's a big world out there and, no matter how badly you want to see it that way, it's not all cut and dried - not is all black and white.
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

If he tells it like it is he'll get the same treatment I do........

:bricks:
    "mommy"
    "yes dear"
    "whats a father"
    "go out and play"
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 4 / -2

This bill aside, I don't think many people would agree that having a baby out of wedlock is ideal for the child. I'm not speaking specifically. I'm speaking generally. Obviously there are no guarantees in life under any circumstances, and nothing is absolute. However, women spreading their legs and getting knocked up, with a deadbeat dad more than willing to do the knocking, leads to there being a lot of kids growning up in less than ideal situations, and parentless homes. I don't think that's a good thing. This is simply my own personal opinion.

As for the bill I don't know anything about it, the reasons for it, what lead to it even being introduced in that state and so forth, but on the surface is seems both foolish, and an example of government involving itself where it needn't. It seems like a really dumb bill.
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

Is it better to bring a child into the world where parents argue, inflict violence on one another or have other dysfunctions???..

Kids from single families can do well, it happens all the time.. but any of this depends on how the parent functions as a parent and as a person in the world.

But most importantly that the child is wanted, cherished and protected.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

Harry Likes This

Blessed Are The Pure In Heart, For They Shall See God
  10. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +569 / 1 / -3

#75 Jersey

Sure, Harry. It's all the mother's fault.

The father who cuts it out and never sees the kid, never raises the kid, never pays for the kid is off the hook (and may even become a Wisconsin State Senator ;) ).

Hey! It's almost 2pm. You're late for your Taliban meeting!
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  11. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +569 / 1 / -3

#75 Jersey

I fully agree with this post.

Affordable, effective and available birth control is vitally important for our society.
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I wish we were talking about 'spending' and attempting to strip Union workers of their rights.

(If you would've told me a year ago that I'd write the above statemnt AND MEAN IT, I would've punched you in the face)

WFT is wrong with us?

GOP: Fonzie Jumps the Shark - YouTube