PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Simms was sweating bullets...

Status
Not open for further replies.
a. We now also know that Polian and Co. had fake crowd noise amped into the stadium when the Patriots were on offense. This may have helped Indy some, it's hard to know. Not enough though.

Wait, do they now, know this?

I'm actually not being a wise@$$, but don't domes have climate control? I've been to a couple for college football/basketball and they always seemed to be about the same temperature (70 degrees or so) throughout.

Why do the Colts seem to have a difficult time regulating the temperature in the dome? Maybe there are some logistical challenges that we don't know about.

http://blogs.indystar.com/philb/

One the 11/6/07 entry 3rd from last paragraph....

"Fact is, the Dome is an older building and the air conditioning gets turned on and jacked up the best it can be. Sometimes, the temperature climbs a bit more than the usual climate-controlled 70-degree range, but blame Mother Nature. "

and again...."I'm sure the field is the same for both teams." ...words of wisdom.

"Fact is, the Dome is an older building and the air conditioning gets turned on and jacked up the best it can be. Sometimes, the temperature climbs a bit more than the usual climate-controlled 70-degree range, but blame Mother Nature. "

And why would you need air conditioning during a December, 20 degree game?

... well I'm not a stadium engineer, but I assume you can't open the front door and a couple of windows and let things cool off naturally from the outside, correct me if I'm wrong all those knowledgeable in stadium temperature control :), but I think you have to artificially to attempt to control things on a larger scale. Again, "I'm sure the field is the same for both teams."

Last edited:

AAHH,something built in the '80's isn't OLD. I don't want to hear that the RCA dome's climate control system is out dated. If the Super Dome's isn't and its a much old building how can it be possible for the RCA dome. Its ok to admit it,its called home field advantage. In the same vain with watering down a grass field to slow an opposing team with more speed. Pumping in noise though goes beyond HFA into cheating.

Last edited:

Because apparently when midwesterners gather together in great numbers, they produce an insane amount of body heat (and noise as it turns out). They said the same thing on Discovery Channel about wolverines during mating season.

Last edited:
Because apparently when midwesterners gather together in great numbers, they produce an insane amount of body heat (and noise as it turns out). They said the same thing on Discovery Channel about wolverines during mating season.
Its a global warming hot spot. ;)

Kind of off topic, but did anyone else see the NFL Networks 16 min clip of the Pats Colts game?
During a lot of Pats possessions when they showed the crowd, it didn't even look like they were hollering and yelling as loud as they could.
Makes you wonder just how they got the stadium to be deafening when the fans in the video clips weren't even going nuts on a wide scale.

Funny you mention that. The crowd was sitting on their hands, yet the noise was off the charts. It is what it is.

That quote is absurd. I'm assuming we've had several deaths in the August preseason games then right? Because if it's 90 degrees outside, plus all that body heat, combined with air conditioning that can't handle mid-November temps, it must approach 150 degrees in that place during the summer. Surely somebody would have died from heatstroke with such an inadequate air conditioning system.

Good one, wolverines..

AAHH,something built in the '80's isn't OLD. I don't want to hear that the RCA dome's climate control system is out dated. If the Super Dome's isn't and its a much old building how can it be possible for the RCA dome. Its ok to admit it,its called home field advantage. In the same vain with watering down a grass field to slow an opposing team with more speed. Pumping in noise though goes beyond HFA into cheating.

Was it the distant coworker who verified that the Superdome and the RCA dome are the same structural design and that it never gets hot in the Superdome? I've lost track. What does Sam Kouvaris say about it?

Kind of off topic, but did anyone else see the NFL Networks 16 min clip of the Pats Colts game?
During a lot of Pats possessions when they showed the crowd, it didn't even look like they were hollering and yelling as loud as they could.
Makes you wonder just how they got the stadium to be deafening when the fans in the video clips weren't even going nuts on a wide scale.

I was there. People were yelling. Also, just because something is editted a certain way doesn't make it sequential. So, just because you see a shot of a crowd before or after a play, it doesn't mean that shot happened anywhere around the play. I'm just saying.

False. I have a friend and coworker (long distance, but still a coworker) from Crane, Indiana. She goes to almost every Indy game. She told me "the hottest it's been for any games I've been to, have been the last two Patriot games. I love it." She may love it, but it is what it is. Maybe you're right though. Maybe fans that go to the Patriot games had higher body temperatures.

Difference of opinion. The AFCC was warmer. Last weekend's game wasn't out of the norm for a good fired up crowd game.

I was there. People were yelling. Also, just because something is editted a certain way doesn't make it sequential. So, just because you see a shot of a crowd before or after a play, it doesn't mean that shot happened anywhere around the play. I'm just saying.

I believe you. Do you know how the PA system is oriented in the dome? To make a difference on the field, you would think that the speakers would have to crank out noticeable sound. If the speakers are near spectator seating, wouldn't the sound coming out of them be hard to take? If the speakers are away from the seating, maybe you could pull it off.

Difference of opinion. The AFCC was warmer. Last weekend's game wasn't out of the norm for a good fired up crowd game.

I don't think anyone is questioning the heat on Sunday. Mid-50's temps outside and excessive heat would work against the Colts (in this game, Pats had crazy depth on D, Colts not so much). But 84 degrees inside when it is 34 degrees outside? Not saying that there was foul-play, but doesn't that strike you as odd? Not like the Colts haven't played meaningful games at home in January before...

I believe you. Do you know how the PA system is oriented in the dome? To make a difference on the field, you would think that the speakers would have to crank out noticeable sound. If the speakers are near spectator seating, wouldn't the sound coming out of them be hard to take? If the speakers are away from the seating, maybe you could pull it off.

The speakers hang from the dome itself. You can see them in the attatched image, they are the white things hanging down. To have a real effect on the field it would have to be really, really loud. BTW, the sound sysstem sucks. You can hardly make out the ref or the commericials during time outs.

Attachments

• bilde.jpg
    bilde.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 84
The speakers hang from the dome itself. You can see them in the attatched image, they are the white things hanging down. To have a real effect on the field it would have to be really, really loud. BTW, the sound sysstem sucks. You can hardly make out the ref or the commericials during time outs.

Oh well. Thought there might be something obvious we were overlooking. Somebody call the Mythbusters...

The speakers hang from the dome itself. You can see them in the attatched image, they are the white things hanging down. .

In that pic those speakers look like they are POINTED ONTO the field.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

The dome was built in the 1980's. If Mississippi has gotten the technology for climate control and air conditioning it's a 50% chance that it's come to Indianapolis by now.

:p :rofl: ....................

Was it the distant coworker who verified that the Superdome and the RCA dome are the same structural design and that it never gets hot in the Superdome? I've lost track. What does Sam Kouvaris say about it?
I'm sure you've lost track, your grasping for straws with that argument.Which is a stadium thats 40+years old is more technologicaly advanced than one a little over 20 years old. It doesn't fly.

Didn't the old Boston Garden have a problem with overheating until someone discovered somebody had permanently welded some ventilation ducts closed?

Are you under the impression the garden had air conditioning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back