PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Simms says Pats can make another title run...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shhhh! Don't tell anybody.

I love the fact that the Pats have fallen completely off the radar screens. They don't even get mentioned in the recaps of the game action. Rated below mid-pack. Nary a peep about contending for the AFC East, let alone a championship.

Love it.

Phil Simms tells it like it is, he is the best analysit in the NFL...

Encouraging to read that Simms is optimistic for the Patriots - reinforcing what most here know already - but this is the line I like best from the piece.

"I will make no snap judgments after one week. The NFL starts to settle down after Week 3 or 4, and that's when you can start to see trends form and you can make some assessments, figure out who's going to have what kind of year."

While all the other analysts appear ready to write off this team or that team, or pencil x team or y team in as Superbowl contenders, Simms is happy to wait. Quite right too.

That said, I stick by my snap judgment that the Raiders are in for a long and difficult season and that they will not be playing post-season football. Sticking my neck out, I know...

Meh, I don't read much into what analysts say anyways. Half of them are shills for their agent buddies and the other half are so hyper to make a big name for themselves that they just toss out whatever ******ed predictions they can so when one of them is right by sheer luck they can point to it and claim they were right all along.

Tom "Hate their coach" Jackson should have served to illustrate this point 3 seasons ago.

It's why everyone is falling over themselves to annoint the Dolphins the AFC East champs this year. Too bad for the Dolphins Daunte has to prove that last year's horrible campaign was a fluke and not what life is going to be like for him after Randy. Because right now it looks like Asante can pad his INT stats every game we play against them.

Phil Simms has a lot of credibility, listening to someone on the radio yesterday talking about describing the Pats, instead of spending money on big names, the Pats spend well on a couple (Brady & Seymour) and then spend well on a lot in the middle, there are a few low enders, but our money is spend on the middle of the pack... that is where our depth and experience comes from... there are too many talented leaders on this team to let it go down the toilet. I suspect there will be a Deion hangover this week, then we will snap out of it and do very well.

also Boomer Esiason said that in his opinion the Pats will represent the AFC in the Super Bowl

if i'm not wrong Simms and Esiason have always had an HIGH respect for the Pats

So why should we give Phillip Simms any more credibility than to other talking heads?

Oh yeah! He used to play for a SB winning team that BB coached for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back